New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Doc Has Resigned From Central

2 posters

Go down

Doc Has Resigned From Central Empty Doc Has Resigned From Central

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:09 am

I'm putting a question mark on this because this "potential" news item hasn't been reported yet in a "regular" news outlet like the UL or NHSP etc,

But....... It seems the word has been going around in certain basketball circles that Doc might be resigning his Central coaching job. Now, the candidates who would apply for this marquee job would surely be luminous enough to light a basketball court at midnight. I wouldn't want to speculate on who might apply for this marquee coaching position until this story becomes 100% confirmed in the "regular" news outlets.

I wouldn't want any "Dewey Beats Truman" or "Tarrier Bites Dog" or "McIsaac Fails to Help Old Lady Cross a Rochester Street"  news items being reported on the respected NH Sports Forum.  

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Doc Has Resigned From Central Empty Re: Doc Has Resigned From Central

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Well, as reported first here on The forum, it's now OFFICIAL. Doc has resigned from Central. Here are a couple of tweets from the "regular" news source NHSP:

David ' Doc' Wheeler has resigned as basketball coach @chslittlegreen. Wheeler wanted to take a one year leave but his request was denied.

Doc told me he was at peace with his decision and left the door open to possibly coaching again in the future.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Oh and let the speculation, rumors and information of who's applying for this position begin.

I've heard 2 possible candidates are D1 boy's coaches who have won state titles in the last decade Wink Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Some names that jump out as great candidates

Migs
Fitzy
Keefe

I don't understand why Central didn't just give him the year off. . . A coach with as much success, on and off the court, deserves some consideration.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 am

Migs could very well apply.

Keefa would be an intriguing choice. It seemed like he was done for good from HS coaching, but the allure of coaching at his alma mater would be a nice punctuation on his coaching career.

There is NO CHANCE Fitzy would come back to coach Central. He's enjoying the 'non-coaching" life too much right now with no time commitments to the grind of coaching. Today's average basketball player to coach in Manchester is not Fitzy's cup of tea. Remember, he left Memorial because of the AAU culture with players there. The Bedford situation was a little different, but trust me, he's not coming back.

One more name to throw out there: Matt Lemieux from Trinity. The Pioneer program has dipped in the last 2 years and I don't see any light at the end of that Catholic tunnel. Even though Central will be down this year you always have the factors of a 6'4 brother combo getting off a plane and enrolling at Central Very Happy , a talented player transferring into Central from Mass or another Manchester school Very Happy

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:47 am

Fitzy allowed that situation to occur with his assistant coaches in Memorial, but point well taken.

Lemieux would be interesting, but he better put on a show during the interview because he hasn't had the ability to show off his coaching ability at Trinity.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:13 pm

I have to respectfully disagree with you. There is a difference between allowing something to happen and trying your best to not allow it to happen. With regards to Fitzy and his coaching staff at Memorial I will go with the trying to not allowing it to happen routine.

This is the reason he stayed at Memorial for three years and moved on. He could see the culture there was with the kids and lack of responsibility was going to be omnipresent. The same thing has taken place during the Jack Quirk tenure there. The fault lies with the players and the new culture and not with the coaches.

Oh by the way I see some of these former City players including Memorial players and how they deal with employment situations in the city of Manchester and all I can say is you have to go to that saying:

"uncoachable players make unemployable adults"

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 pm

T&F, I think we are splitting hairs here. . . no one is doubting that Fitzy is one of the best coaches this state has seen. I think we can both agree the Memorial situation and the coaches he brought in around him where a bad idea and leave it at that.

Nailed it on the head about unemployable adults, but that is not just a Manchester problem, it is a societal problem that parents and administrators have created. . . I just hope the pendulum is swinging back!!!

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 pm

No, I don't agree you that the coaches Fitzy brought in around him were a bad idea. Colin Burke is one of the best, if not the best asst. Coach in D1 boys. Goody took Burke in a heartbeat for Mack and the Tomos were a half second from winning the Ship last March.There were other capable coaches in the Fitzy stable. The culture of your average city player now in Manchester is so out of whack with normal, that just about any coach will have trouble keeping these kids on the court or doing the right things on the court.

Yes, it is a society problem with non-committed youth, but I'm here talking about Manchester, not New England, Midwest, etc...... And I'm telling you here in Manchester, with basketball players, it is at an all time low for unstructured uncultured mores.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 pm

I am good friends with Colin, he was not the issue I concur with you about his ability on a court and a baseball field.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down