@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Dream Match up!

Go down

Dream Match up! Empty Dream Match up!

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am

Dream Matchup!

Stick with me on this. Last week Milford played Monadnock at home, started the non starters,played the starters limited minutes. Won by 59 points. Monadnock is an hour from Milford.
On February 23rd the game is scheduled again in Monadnock.

Also on February 23rd you have a game scheduled in class L.
Trinity hosting Keene. Keene has yet to win a game in class L. Thier lone win was against a very weak class I team in Conval. Trinity is a top 5 team.

Trinity is a short 30 minutes from Milford where as it is more like an hour and change to get there from Keene.

Keene and Monadnock are 15 minutes from each other.

I wonder if all four teams could come to an agreement to switch?
Better games,less travel and a chance to see two of the best teams in the state play each other. TO me this is a no brainer!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Dream Match up! Empty Re: Dream Match up!

Post  Jeremy Leveille on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm

I should have known that was you that posted this same thing on my blog, lol. Like I said over there your idea makes a lot of sense.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Dream Match up! Empty So Far

Post  chicagokid43 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 pm

I talked to both the coaches and the players this afternoon and all agree it is a good idea and worth checking into. I will be contacting our AD tomorrow to see if he will take it to the other schools and the NHIAA. We are going to pursue it and see where it goes. On the other blog someone mentioned it being silly because Milford will lose to Trinity and while that is a possibility it would at least be two teams more on the same ground that Trinity vs Keene and Milford vs Monadnock. Winning and losing in this situation shouldn't mean as much as giving both teams good games that can be played all out.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm

That's great, I hope this happens. If Milford and Trinity played it could go either way, there would be no clear cut favorite. A win for Milford in such a game would also be HUGE for them in the heal point standings.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 pm

It's silly because NHIAA will never change the schedule they set months ago...at least that's my bet. I've never heard of a schedule being altered mid-season. It's almost as ridiculous as a High School firing a coach mid-season, oh wait, that just happened at Spaulding (girls varsity).

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100116/GJSPORTS_01/701169888/-1/FOSSPORTS03

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 am

Asst, even though I can't see NHIAA changing the games, remember what happened with Memorial's schedule last year. They acquiesced to Memorial playing a lot of their Friday games on Thursday so Coach Fitz could see his son play on Fridays. I believe this was done after the schedules were set. This didn't require changing teams, but changing the days of the games. Other schools and coaches had to agree to this.

Maybe ChiKid could say his car is sick of making the trip up Temple Mountain.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

On the Spaulding firing, I think a Dover girl's coach was either fired or resigned during the season a few years ago. There was extreme pressure put on him by parents of players.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum