New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ???

5 posters

Go down

Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ??? Empty Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ???

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 pm

So, I guess all the basketball people are slathered under too much sun screen..... Or the hum of their air conditioners has blocked them from the basketball world and the news that Matt Alosa has officially vacated his coaching position at Pembroke to be an asst coach at ND Prep.

Last summer Pembroke and their schedule was a hotter topic than the weather. This summer Alosa leaves and Sleep Sleep Sleep

I'm sorry if I woke any of you Forum members up and you need to get back to sleep. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ??? Empty Re: Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ???

Post  JAF Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:43 am

Who? Smile

Love or hate him, at least he knew he had a strong team and wanted to see them play and compete in D1... Some can say he didn't have much choice, his hand was forced, no D2 team would schedule him, yadda, yadda - whatever. He didn't have his AD keep his team "where they belonged" based solely on school size or because it was easier to schedule w/ girls games. From the outside - what a few players families went through perhaps only because of the lightning rod coach shed light on some policies the NHIAA didn't apply the same way for all schools or how some other schools' "policy" can affect an athlete's eligibility even though he isn't in the same district anymore. Kudos to the families for sticking with it - I'm sure your children learned quite a few life's lessons... Others from the outside can complain all they want about recruiting or why some families "moved into" district, but that's no different than what happens in the large city when players want to play for a certain coach or perennially strong team (and not just one sport).

Through the summer grapevine I've heard there may be at least one other interesting D1 coaching change in Bedford... Something about not renewing a contract...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ??? Empty Re: Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ???

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:21 am

If you're talking about Bedford basketball Coach Fitzpatrick at Bedford - I don't know about renewing/not renewing a contract, but he is not coaching Bedford anymore. He's taken a break for personal reasons. He's spending more time with family and doing other things besides the grind of coaching HS basketball with in season, summer and fall leagues.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooper Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:17 pm

NH basketball will miss him. I think hoop season loses a little sizzle but something else will take his place.

He really isn't going far, look for Matt to attempt a bigger splash in AAU now that NHIAA has no say in what he does.

Any word on replacement? Rumor I hear is Pembroke is looking to get a D2 schedule this year.

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:19 am

No words on replacements at Pembroke.

Pembroke cannot move down to D2 until after this year is complete. Also, with their recent success they may have trouble moving down depending on how they do this year. Schedule cycles are two years and teams can't go up or down until the cycle is complete.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ??? Empty Gee, No Comments on Matt Alosa Leaving Pembroke ???

Post  tiger46 Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:25 pm

To Clancy Rivier fall league starts next Sunday.
I can't confirm this but, I heard a rumor that 3 hoop players have transferred to Trinity. Anyone heard of any kids switching schools?

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down