New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb 6 Games

5 posters

Go down

Feb 6 Games Empty Feb 6 Games

Post  NH12345 Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:51 pm

A lot of great games on the slate for Friday. . .

Game of the Night:  Londonderry @ Pinkerton-  Both teams will be in the top four when the final brackets are drawn.  This game will come down to a stop late and which team can play in the half court best.  I can't wait to see these guys battle, Ball v. Baker, Corey v. the redwoods of Pinkeron, it is going to be a great game.  This is a coin flip game that we might see again in Durham.  I'm giving the advantage to Pinkerton because they are home.

Keene @ BG-  Keene is a solid ball club, but BG is playing solid basketball right now.  I am a fan of the Zimmerman kid in the BG backcourt.  He is an underrated guard that has the ability to control a game.  BG wins

Concord @ Dover-  The positive for this game is that someone will pick up their first win of the year.  Dover and Concord both play hard.  It will be a good game to watch.  Dover wins

Winnacunnet @ Exeter- I have been on the Exeter bandwagon this entire season and . . . I'm not  ready to jump off.  These guys are going to be good sooner or later, hopefully for them it happens this season.  Winnacunnet is a disciplined well coached team that plays fast and hard all the time.  I think the shooting and smarts of Exeter's backcourt will be enough to push them past Winny.  Exeter wins.

Trinity @ Memorial-  Gotta love city games.  Memorial got Gopp back on Tuesday and lost to a tough Bedford team. . . it's going to take a while for Memorial to hit full strive. . . they will be a team no one wants to battle in March.  Trinity is a team looking for an identity. . . they need some consistency out of their scorers Walsh and Testa.  We knew it would take a little bit for Coach Lemieux to re-build after losing 5 starters from last year's group.  He has them playing hard and that is the first step.  Memorial wins.

RIVALRY GAME:  North v. South-  There will be a lot of emotion in this game as they battle for bragging rights in the Gate City.  Unfortunately for North, South is a team that is starting to hit their stride.  South is going to be dangerous in March, they can run, shoot and they are physical, if they can start to lock down on Defense they have a shot at make a run.  South wins.

Let's play ball.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb 6 Games Empty Re: Feb 6 Games

Post  JAF Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:42 pm

FWIW:
Both Boys and Girls are Lond @ Pink - so get there early to see two good games... (I know for sure at least the JV girls (pink/lond) is this afternoon @430 - not sure if the JV boys follow)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Does Nashua North and South play a boy/girl double header as well?

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:00 pm

The following is according to Pinkerton web site on athletics:

Girls' Varsity basketball - Fri 2/06/15 6:00PM Game H Vs. Londonderry High School Hackler Gym

Boys' Varsity basketball - Fri 2/06/15 7:30PM Game H Vs. Londonderry High School Hackler Gym

With the girls' game I don't know if the Lady Astros have enough consistent scorers to keep pace with the Lady Lancers. Playing at home will surely help Pinkerton. Their last 2 losses to North by 16 and Central by 17.... One could consider it alarming.

As far as the boys' game is concerned:

For the Astros to get the W they must slow the tempo down and pound pound pound into the paint. The Pinky Bigs don't have to outscore the Lancer Bigs, but they must out rebound them to give the Astros more offensive chances and possessions. Pinkerton can't out run or out shoot Londonderry I believe. If the Pinkerton Bigs can lean on the Lond Bigs, get them into foul trouble and sprinkle some put back baskets and occasional drop step baskets they stand an adequate chance of hanging the first loss on Londonderry. If the Astros try to play uptempo and out shoot the Lancers, then come around 9:00 to 9:30 pm tonight Londonderry will still be undefeated.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:30 pm

T&F you are right on the money about the tempo. Pinkerton will need to figure out a way to keep control of tempo from Londonderry. The best way to do that is to limit turnovers. Londonderry relies on a high risk; high reward defense, and with their athletic ability they are more often than not highly awarded. I think you are under playing Pinkerton's ability to shoot the ball though. Baker, Morris, Rizzo and Green can all stick behind the line. . . I know it is tough to keep up with Ball and Coleman, but the Astro guards are dangerous when they get going. The key for an Astros win is to control tempo and dominate the boards, the key for a Lancer win is to get up and down, force turnovers and BOX OUT, they can't allow cheap 2nd and 3rd shot points.

This is one of the best rivalries in the state and it is always exciting when both teams are this good! I used to love playing in this game every year.

Also, if you only plan on coming by for just the boys game at 7:30, try to get there early the Special Olympic game between Pinkerton and Londonderry. It is a great events for all athletes involved.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:48 pm

NH12345 wrote:Does Nashua North and South play a boy/girl double header as well?

Looks that way from NHIAA site, but I don't know "officially" other than that.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Let me clarify..... I'm not saying Pinky has no shooters when compared to Londonderry. I know Baker, Rizzo and Morris can nestle the nets nicely with their outside shooting. I just think Pinkerton must control the tempo of this game and get a good balance on offense of paint and outside points to get the W. If the Astros try to get a vast majority of their points by running, gunning and quick pace tempo, I don't think they'll win.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 pm

"nestle the nets nicely"

Love the alliteration T&F. . . Smile

I agree with you about the tempo, it will be a big factor in this heavyweight bout.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Wink Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  CoachP Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 pm

I was at the Londonderry/Pinkerton game. Great game to watch. I am a Londonderry fan, think Coach Stanton is doing a great job this year,   I thought Pinkerton could have won it at the end. Londonderry played as a team down the stretch - Pinkerton did not. I am not sure if it is because they are a young team or coaching letting it happen.  The missed foul shots and three's at the end did them in. As a Londonderry supporter I was happy, but I a coach I was wondering why they didn't get the ball to their shooter.

CoachP
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  BasketballJones Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 am

I attended the PA/Londonderry game and while the game had its moments, I felt It was sloppy and lacked execution on both ends. Out of the gates, PA had the Lancers playing at their pace, turning them over multiple times creating some transition scoring opportunities. PA had success with their half court trap and active zone on the defensive end. They were able to limit Cody Ball to 2 first half points, forcing him into off balance shots and deep attempts. For the most part, PA's zone confused Londonderry, preventing them from executing their half court offense. Jake Coleman was able to keep the Lancers in the game with some crafty finishes around the rim and dead-eye perimeter shooting. What I am still trying to understand is why PA came out in the 3rd quarter playing man and abandoning their trap and zone defense. Cody Ball proceeded to hit 5 second half treys, many of which were crucial in extending the lead and kept PA scrapping to keep the game within distance. Although neither team looked stellar in the halfcourt, the Lancers have the personnel that can create their own offense and that proved to be the difference. Coach Rosinski seemed to make adjustments just for the sake of making adjustments and, I feel it ultimately changed the game in the Lancers favor. Londonderry was very comfortable handling PA's man pressure allowing Ball to score off the dribble and off high ball screens. Both teams will have to tighten the screws if they want to have success in Durham because last night's efforts won't get it done against well coached teams in Central and Spaulding. It would be nice to see these teams meet again in March.

BasketballJones
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down