New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

January 12th Games

+3
EBlessNHSP
nhhoopguy
Tuesday and Friday
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

January 12th Games Empty January 12th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 am

BG at North: Rivalry game and then BG turns around 2 days later for the big game hosting Dover on Thursday night. The young backcourt of North faces a stearn test with the BG pressure. Could BG look ahead too much for the big one with Dover and over look North? I don't think so.

Merrimack at Central: The Little Green look to bounce back from their 20 point loss to BG on Friday. This will be a close game. It should be interesting to how the undersized Tomahawks handle Wickey. It seems like they'll play Gendron, Garstang etc. on Wickey to keep Watson out of foul trouble. If Merrimack wants a top seed for the tournament, then this is the type of game they need a W in.

Salem at Memorial: Possibly the best team with out a win in Class L visits a team coming off a big road victory on Friday at Pinkerton. Memorial will be ready for Gallant as they had a good showing against the Proulx/Mathieu combo on Friday. It's tough to even think to say the term "0 - 4 Salem" after their recent basketball success, but it could be true by late Wednesday night.

South at West: If you said a while back at this stage of the season that South would be tied for 5th in Class L and West would be tied for last, then you would say that makes sense given what these 2 teams lost last year and what they were returning. Nelson injures his foot, his mates under perform, Valentin comes back and his mates over perform and presto my aforementioned scenario of the 2 teams is reversed. Coach Mazz scratches his head while Coach Carey has the Blue Knights coming together as a team.

Pinkerton at Winny: This is definitely a pick em game. An important game for both teams, at 2 - 1, to start securing a foothold in the upper part of the Class L standings. It'll be the tall Astro front court against the fire of the Warrior back court. Park going against Dunn is a special match up of speed, court sense and fire.

Souhegan at Milford: The only 2 unbeaten teams left in Class I. Milford did beat them in the Holiday Tournament in Keene. It should be interesting to see how the young Souhegan back court plays against the more seasoned Milford back court. One thing is certain: Not only is Milford and their opponent from last Friday, Pelham and their opponent Tuesday night, Souhegan, going to be near the top of class I this year, but these 3 teams will be contolling the top of Class I next season also.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

January 12th Games Empty Re: January 12th Games

Post  nhhoopguy Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I think most nights, any of the top 10 teams has a chance to beat each other.
The run of salem being at or near the top is coming to an end shortly, with Windham HS opening, taking many future athletes away from Salem

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Scores are getting posted as I hear em at http://twitter.com/nhsportsforum
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopguy Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Winny 58-55 over pinkerton.
Close game from start to finish, with no lead more than 6-7 points.
Mcgrail hit winning three pointer with 12 seconds left, park misses three at the buzzer to tie.
A wrestling match throughout the game, as Cronan and mathieux battled inside , proulx and knowles on the outside and Dunn and Park at the point.
Refs seemed to have no calls in the 1st half, but called everything in the second half.
Another great contest on the seacoast, as coach Mckenna gets eveything out of those kids.

nhhoopguy
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Here's the boxscore for that game: http://www.rallynorth.net/localsports/teams/story/6797?story_id=6861

Surprised to see Proulx hit 3 three pointers, if he's added that to his repertoire then he'll be a force the rest of this year.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Dover beat Spaulding tonight, and Burt went 5/5 from the line. He's now made 32 counting his performance in the QCIBT and his last 26 in NHIAA games (that I know of). Anybody know if the NHIAA keeps that type of record?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Where is Panthadad with the south report?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Dover 55 Spaulding 46: It seems that Dover played more than their usual 6 man rotation to have fresher legs for the the big battle at BG on Thursday. It was 12 - 12 at the end of the 1st and 22 - 21 at halftime in favor of Dover. With 3 minutes left the score was tied at 46.

Memorial 51 Salem 46

Salem 18 10 12 6 - 46
Mem 13 13 18 7 - 51

Salem pounded the ball down low to Gallant early and often with success as 3 Memorial big men each had 2 fouls in the 1st period. Gallant went to the FT line early and made the freebies to give Salem the 18 - 13 lead at the end of the 1st period. Matt Couture had a nice 2nd period as he hit a 3 and a couple of nice medium range jumpers. The teams exchanged leads and went after it hard in the 3rd. Memorial slowed down Gallant in the 3rd period, but LaRosa started heating up with a couple of 3's. The 4th period became a cat and mouse game as Memorial slowed the pace. This seemed to cool off Salem as LaRosa missed a few shots and Gallant while effective couldn't knock down a few chances from the FT line. Memorial gladly accepted the cold 4th period shooting of LaRosa and Gallant and walked away with the 5 point victory.

Salem - Gallant 22(including 12 - 21 from the FT line), LaRosa 15, Lorenz 7 and the rest of the team 2 points.

Memorial Couture 13, Morgan12 and Fitz 9. Few players with 2 - 5 points.

Salem had only 12 FGs and was 19 - 29 from the FT line. They had key misses down the stretch which would've tightened the Crusader screws. Salem was the best 0 -3 team in Class L before the game and now they are the best 0 - 4 team in Class L. The big man commitee of Memorial had their hands full with Gallant from start to finish. Even though Gallant isn't a true center he is a force down low and displayed some very nice skill with his low post moves. His motor is always running. Salem just needs more players to step up. Cannone was very quiet tonight. Gallant, LaRosa and Lorenz combined for 44 of Salem's 46 points. It's tough to get a W in Class L when this happens.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am

Per NHIAA West 68 to Souths 40 confused

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

January 12th Games Empty Pinkerton vs Winnie game

Post  NHsportsfan Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:09 am

I can't understand why Pinkerton keeps losing? They have two of the best bigs in Class L, a solid point guard and two solid sophomores who have been playing well as of late. Someone tell me why. Can they play harder?

NHsportsfan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:09 am

Asst - I'm not surprised to see Proulx hit three 3 pointers. He's very good at that. I would say he's one of the only players in the state 6'4 and over that is a triple scoring threat: 3 pointers, medium range jumpers and slashes to the basket. He can do all 3 well. Madol, Wickey, Green and Watson come to mind when I think of players 6'4 or over that can do all 3 well in the triple scoring threat category.

How about West beating South 68 - 40. Is it possible that Coach Carey could do an even better job of coaching this year and be a front runner for winning Coach of the Year this season? Not that summer league means anything, but West wasn't even a factor at the BST Summer League and no one talked about them in Fall League because they didn't play. West has been very impressive so far this season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 am

As goes the scoring of Pinkerton's guards, NH sports Fan, so goes Pinkerton. Pinkerton will get 30 to40 points every game from the big 2, but if the back court doesn't score consistently, then Pinkerton will stumble.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 am

Pinkerton beat Salem and lost to Memorial & Winnie

All four of those teams are teams predicted to fare well in the season. Also, the last two losses were by 1 point and 3.

I think we just have a VERY competitive season.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 am

Alvrine beats Timby 40 - 30. Sweeney, Moyen and Donnelly don't even COMBINE FOR DOUBLE FIGURES(9 points)

Are you kidding me?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

FYI

Goody's shirt held its own tonight.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 am

Great news about Goody's shirt, Tully, but what's the final of that game?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 am

OH, Merrimack 53 Central 43.

Missed the first half.... but Merrimack had a strong lead then more than 10 - I think closer to 20

Central sparked back a little to shave it to 7 with about 2 minutes or so to play.

Merrimack is more experienced and Central is getting it together with a lot of new faces on the floor.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 am

So, BG hangs on for a tight victory in an emotional rivalry game over North. This game also pushed the physical limits for BG. Dover plays more than it's usuual rotation, so they can be fresher for BG on Thursday. BG will have to summon a lot of emotional and physical energy to be ready for the Green Wave this Thursday night.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks Tully. I think Goody's shirts will be in better shape this season. Merrimack has already won as many games this season as they did all of last season. Winning makes your wardrobe look better.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:21 am

Alvirne was lead by they very talented Sophmore point guard Tony Bieuleu (I just butchered his last name)...add in Tomaswick who had 3 and that's only 12 out of 4 of their better players. A gritty defensive win in Timberlane...holding any Class L team to 30 points is a job well done.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote: How about West beating South 68 - 40. Is it possible that Coach Carey could do an even better job of coaching this year and be a front runner for winning Coach of the Year this season? Not that summer league means anything, but West wasn't even a factor at the BST Summer League and no one talked about them in Fall League because they didn't play. West has been very impressive so far this season.

You're right T&F, West wasn't a factor over the summer in the BST League. But a major reason for that is because their best player, Richard Valentin didn't play with the team all summer. Coach Carey told me he thought Valentin had quit the team. But not only is Valentin playing for West, but he's playing like an all-state player. Not only did the Blue Knights play without him over the summer, but they also played without starters Jose Gonzalez and Aaron Martin. That's three of their top 6 players who weren't there. And a lot of the kids that did play for them over the summer are now on the JV team. I've been telling people ever since I saw them scrimmage Bedford way back in the beginning of the season that West would be a scary team. When they have Valentin, Gonzalez and Martin, along with Abdalla, Asselin and Hunter all together they're tough. They're my #7 team right now in Class L.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 am

Jeremy, I know you did a What If.... posting on your site that mentioned what Bedford High would be like with all their players. How about a What If..... for West High if Bedford High didn't exist. You would have Coach Carey this season with: Valentin, Green, Abdalla, Glassman, Asselin, Weber, Glassman, Koehler, Marinelli etc. etc. etc.

With this crew Carey would have an abundance of basketball riches. Would he have to go with the BG system of playing 10 to 12 players a game substituting 3 to 4 at a time? I'm sure Coach Carey will take his present team and go to any hardcourt in NH ready for a fight any time any day.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

January 12th Games Empty Not Impressed

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 am

If we are going to combine schools back to the OLDEN DAYS>>>

They just may lose to Milford (MASH) throw the shooting of Cordts and size they have with the addition of Jack Nelson and Devin Gilligan and MIlford would be as deep as any class L school right now.

College note, what Robbie Hummell did last night for Purdue in the first half was crazy. I wish he would have hit a few in the scond half to hold off Ohio State... dang it!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:56 am

I watched that Purdue/OSU game...Hummel was great, but it threw the team off. They are not a team that relies on one player, and especially not Hummel. Was still a great game to watch while checking NHIAA and talking to people I knew at games around the state, good night of basketball all around.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

January 12th Games Empty Hoosier Respect

Post  chicagokid43 Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 pm

I know most know I am from Indiana so not a surprise I enjoyed that performance, except for the ending of course. Purdue has done what Indiana has not been able to do over the last 7 or 8 years by getting many of the best Indiana players to stay in state. I believe the roster at Purdue is at least 10 or 11 Indiana high school athletes. A number 6 ranking for them with the basis of the team being keep Indiana players in Indiana is a very neat thing. The other school that pulls this off in Indiana is little Butler University. They are almost all Indiana kids as well. One of the few things I miss about Indiana is basketball and getting to keep in touch with many of the good high school players by watching Purdue and even Butler when given the chance is pretty neat.
I have always promised to get my son back to Indiana for their version of Championship Day and this is the year. My son and I have booked our airfare and bought our tickets to Conseco Fieldhouse on 3/27 to sit and watch all 4 title games. I cannot wait!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next