New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night

+3
mmartineaunhti2015
TooClutch
Tuesday and Friday
7 posters

Go down

Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night Empty Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 pm

A lot of Rivalry games being played tonight.

Londonderry at Pinkerton - Unfortunately, the Astros are falling without their sick center. Expect more of the same in this rematch.

North at South - I think this will be a close one.

Dover at Spaulding - This should be a close one also.

BG at Merrimack - Huge game for a potential Top 4 seed. BG needs this one more than Merrimack. Can BG shut out Merrimack for a quarter?

Bedford at West: This will be a close one. I think the Blue Knights will be pumped to play the town that used to go to West.

Memorial at Central - I heard Kante is back, which frees up Maughn to play his natural 2 position. I'll go with the defensive team in this bbig intra-city affair.

Exeter at Winny - A dead heat clampdown lockdown pick em game. Who ever has the ball last might win.

Salem at Timberlane - 2 of my favorite coaches locking basketball horns. Like a couple of my younger brothers throwing clipboards at each other. This one will be close. There should be a good crowd at the Owl's Nest.

Trinity at Alvirne - It should be a safe win for the Pioneers.

Concord at Keene - The Crimson Tide should get a W to get closer to a playoff spot.

Girl's Games:

Memorial at Central - Big game for the ladies. Part of a doubleheader at Central. Girl's game at 5:00 pm and boy's game at 6:30 pm.

Londonderry at Pinkerton - Gee, I bet the Lancer fans wish they were playing a balanced schedule instead of having to play the surging Lady Astros twice in 11 days without Aliza. Val Martin will play for Pinkerton. She missed the first Mack Plaque battle along with Aliza.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night Empty Re: Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night

Post  TooClutch Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:02 pm

T&F- After seeing th owls play in person do you think we will finally get a win this year??

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:06 pm

I do and if they have a parade down the beautiful 125 strip in Plaistow it would be a privilege for me to ride on the Owl float  Cool 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:36 pm

I think they would beat the blackbirds if it was in the owls nest but on the road i think id give it to the birds

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:53 pm

I think the Owls stand a chance against the Blue Devils. If Nelson can stroke it from the outside they can give Salem all they can handle.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  mmartineaunhti2015 Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 am

Cannot make it to any games since I have class until 8

mmartineaunhti2015
All-State
All-State

https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelMartineaumchs

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 am

T&F any info on whos going to be covering the timberlane keene game if the owls winless streek does continue?

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:11 am

North @ South:  South has been in a bit of a funk, but don't expect it to continue here.  South.
Londonderry @ Pinkerton:  Londonderry has already beaten Pinky once, and now without the big man....Londonderry.
Dover @ Spaulding:  Dover is dangerous with their 3's or nothing approach.  Spaulding always tough at home.  Spaulding.
Trinity @ Alvirne:  Coach Garon getting no sleep with his new baby girl.  Trinity.
BG @ Merrimack:  BG needs to step up and beat a contender to be considered one.  Merrimack.
Bedford @ Manchester West:  West is sneaking up on people, but Bedford is back to being Bedford.  Bedford.
Concord @ Keene:  One of Keene's last chances, and Concord knows it.  Concord.
Exeter @ Winnacunnet:  The most over-looked team in the league against one of the most hyped.  Winnacunnet.
Memorial @ Central:  Memorial showed again losing to Salem that they can't handle a dogfight.  Central.
Timberlane @ Salem:  Timby freshman lost to Salem freshman by 3 in OT.  Timby JV beat Salem JV last night by 6.  Timby always gets up for Salem, but I'm sure Coach Mac knows that.  

Keep in mind T&F, Timby-Salem is a boy/girl doubleheader being hosted at Salem, as they alternate every year based on the girl's schedule.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks for the update Bosco. NHIAA has Salem boys going to Timby tonight.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TooClutch Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Upset picks, North takes down south in the rivalry game, keene was up 18-3 on south i think they beat concord at home, and exeter comes back to life and beats winny

TooClutch
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

"T&F any info on whos going to be covering the timberlane keene game if the owls winless streek does continue?"
TooClutch

Mid season thoughts correction
Post tarrier on Wed 5 Feb - 16:41

T&F will be glad to learn that the NHSportspage.com video camera will in fact be in Keene on Friday Feb 21st IF the Timberlane losing streak is still alive and kicking

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 11th Games - Rivalry Night Empty Feb. 11th - Rivalry Night

Post  middleschoolball Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Three more games tonight in other divisions that have always been big rivals with each other:

Oyster River at Portsmouth - Div. II

Lebanon at Hanover - Div. II

Interlakes at Newfound - Div. III

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pm

All I have to say about Memorial at Central Boys is:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 pm

West girls get their 1st W of the year over John Stark 39 - 31 cheers cheers cheers 

Salem wins  cheers , but that means Timby loses  Sad Sad Sad 

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Memorial girls beat Central by double digits and continue their very good season. The Little Green Ladies just had a tough time scoring tonight. Marrazzi and Grisson were the women for the Crusaders. Coach Laroche is doing a fine job putting together a nice season for the Lady Crusaders.

So, 12 days ago both Pinkerton and Londonderry girls didn't have their star players due to injuries and Pinkerton won by 4. Tonight Londonderry still doesn't have Simpson and Pinkerton has Martin back, but Londonderry wins by 4.  scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am

Awfully quiet in here - usually during games and the after hours are busy...

I took in the BG/Merrimack game... After a scintillating OT finish to the JV game (Merri tied game at regulation on a long 3, but BG was able to control the end of OT winning by 3), the student bodies were prepared for the start of the Varsity game.

Merrimack jumped out early to an 8-10 point lead and like at Trinity - BG was able to play better defense and got the game to within 5 at half time. Student bodies were very into the ebb and flow of the game as well as the calls and non-calls. How the Merrimack student body get away with the BS cheer I'm not quite sure (it happened more than once). BG was able to tie the game after 3, but that's went Gendron showed why he is who he is.... The Merrimack players jumped on his back after a couple of 3-balls and a nifty baseline drives - Merri built an 8 point cushion that was too difficult for BG to get past. Although it was within 4 with about a minute left, shot selection didn't help BG - settling for jumpers in traffic that were missed rather than an extra pass or a drive with the hope to draw a foul. The 8 point win was a bit closer than it appears - BG did all this without CJ as well, who from what I heard has fallen below the red line again with respect to his academic performance - which at BG is more important than allowed athletic participation.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm

More important than Portsmouth's win over Oyster River last night was the great job by the PHS student body coming together to raise over $3,500 in support of a freshman teammate, who is battling a rare form of blood cancer.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20140212-SPORTS-402120372

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down