New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ??

5 posters

Go down

1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ?? Empty 1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ??

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 pm

The Lisbon at Lin-Wood D4 girls' Varsity game is listed as a 13 to 13 tie on the NHIAA site. They both receive 2 points for the tie.

Would anyone know why and how this game finished in a tie? I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this before.

1/15/14 Lisbon Lin-Wood 13 13 T 2.0

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ?? Empty Re: 1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ??

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Game called due to lack of interest?

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ?? Empty Re: 1st Tie in NHIAA Basketball History ??

Post  JAF Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 am

We played 8 overtimes, but no one could score and we reached curfew ?  Laughing 

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 am

Not sure what is more amazing, the tie or the fact the NHIAA website could handle it.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Tuesday and Friday wrote:The Lisbon at Lin-Wood D4 girls' Varsity game is listed as a 13 to 13 tie on the NHIAA site. They both receive 2 points for the tie.

Would anyone know why and how this game finished in a tie? I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this before.

1/15/14 Lisbon  Lin-Wood 13  13  T 2.0  

It is now corrected - Lisbon 49 Linwood 13. On a note about those two schools, Linwood is winning some games on the boys side this year and Lisbon boys are really having a tough time with the loss of Chad Knighton to prep. Linwood used to go winless every season on the boys' side. Lisbon boys may go winless this season, from champions to winless in one season, wow.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Well, it looks like we had a Sasquatch moment on NHIAA for an evening.

In some travel leagues they have rules to govern OTs and the tightness of all day game schedules in a gym on a weekend. Some will do a 1 or 2 minute regular OT. If still tied after the OT they will do a sudden death OT. A couple of years ago I was involved in a girls' 7/8 game where it was a sudden death OT. Home team controlled the tap and came down and missed 2 shots. Visiting team came back up the court and a player was fouled in the act of shooting. The shooter hit her first FT...... Game over. It was a weird and quiet ending to the game. Even the winning team was quiet when the ball went through the net.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum