New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division IV Boys tournament

4 posters

Go down

Division IV Boys tournament Empty Division IV Boys tournament

Post  middleschoolball Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Buddy Trask was right on the money with the Div. IV Standings on Pete & Dave's show Saturday:

1. Littleton
2. Newmarket
3. Profile
4. Derryfield
5, Colebrook
6. Lisbon
7. Epping
8. Pittsfield
9. Concord Christian
10. Sunapee
11. Moultonborough
12. Gorham
13. Pittsburg-Canaan, VT
14. Groveton
15. Woodsville
16. Portsmouth Christian

Here are the matchups beinning Tues 2/26 at 7pm:

#16 Portsmouth-Christian at #1 Littleton
#15 Woodsville at #2 Newmarket
#14 Groveton at #3 Profile
#13 Pittsburg-Cannan at #4 Derryfield
#12 Gorham at #5 Colebrook
#11 Moultonborough at #6 Lisbon
#10 Sunapee at #7 Epping
#9 Concord Christian at #8 Pittsfield

L-O-N-G Travel games: #16 Portsmouth-Christian at #1 Littleton; #15 Woodsville at #2 Newmarket; #13 Pittsburg-Cannan at #4 Derryfield; #10 Sunapee at #7 Epping - OUCH!

The shortest trip is for Concord Christian travelling to Pittsfield. Very Happy

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys tournament Empty Re: Division IV Boys tournament

Post  middleschoolball Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 am

middleschoolball wrote:
Update from this evening:

Littleton 62 Portsmouth-Christian 41
Newmarket 60 Woodsville 19(ouch!)
Profile 48 Groveton 36 (saw this one - 1st half was who could make the most 3's)
Derryfield 75 Pittsburg-Cannan 52
Colebrook 71 Gorham 60
Lisbon 76 Moultonborough 70 (3 OT'S!!!)
Epping 48 Sunapee 40(heard this one was a battle - Sunapee lost to them by 5 in regular seas.
Pittsfield 58 Concord Christian 53(at half this was a 5 point difference as well.)

Friday night 3/1:
Littleton hosts Pittsfield
Newmarket hosts Epping
Derryfield hosts Colebrook
Profile hosts Lisbon

Last edited by middleschoolball on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added new text)

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

No upsets there - the top eight seeds all won. The Newmarket/Epping quarterfinal could be a good one. Newmarket won by just three points and one point in their two meetings this year. Plus, the two schools have a combined football team: Epping-Newmarket in Division V.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys tournament Empty Epping/Newmarket on Fri

Post  tarrier Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:06 am

I will be there doing video highlights for NHSportspage.com. Should be a great atmosphere!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys tournament Empty Division IV Tournament

Post  middleschoolball Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 am

Some great action tonight I've heard - I was at the Littleton/Pinkerton game and braved the snow north of the Notch which made it really slipperly going home south until I hit Lincoln. Great game though with Pittsfield controlling things until the last minute of the 3rd quarter. After the 1st they led 13-11, and and the half 28-27. After 3 it was Littleton 46, Pittsfield 41. Littleton came out with an unbelievable hard-nosed defense, and an incredible fast paced motion defense under their basket. 3 man crew reffing this one, or should I say 2 men and 1 woman reffing this game.

Littleton 60 Pittsfield 49
Newmarket 53 Epping 27
Derryfield 47 Colebrook 32
Lisbon upset Profile - 36-30

Tues 3/5 at Plymouth State College:
5:30 - #2 Newmarket vs. No. 6 Lisbon
7:00 - #1 Littleton vs. #4 Derryfield

Last edited by middleschoolball on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update on Newmarket Score)

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:44 am

Just curious how good is the Littleton Profile rivalry right now. But both teams seem to be good

I know Littleton and White Mt used to have a good one

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am

Turns out the Newmarket-Epping matchup wasn't much of a game after all: Newmarket wins 53-27.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am

goldenbear wrote:Just curious how good is the Littleton Profile rivalry right now. But both teams seem to be good

I know Littleton and White Mt used to have a good one

I hear it's pretty intense - especially since they are right down the road from each other. Factor in Woodsville & Lisbon close by as well. Talking to a few folks in Littleton, they are hoping for a Lisbon/Littleton final. I suggested they not rule out Newmarket yet!

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Top 2 seeds were upset in D-IV tonight:

#6 Lisbon over #2 Newmarket 48-47
#4 Derryfield over #1 Littleton 54-33

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division IV Boys tournament Empty Division IV Tournament

Post  middleschoolball Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Well the NHIAA made my life hard by having to choose between some great Div. 1 games and the Div. 3 semis and Division IV semis.

I chose Div IV at PSU and the first game was a thriller. 1st Newmarket came out on fire and led 16-5 against Lisbon. Lisbon got a little better, but still was stuck in single digits for most of the 2nd - at the half it was Newmarket 26 Lisbon 16 after a great 3 minutes for Lisbon at the end of the half. End of 3rd Newmarket 34, Lisbon 30 . Then the 4th it was back and forth coming to to a Newmarket possesion that ended up being a half court turnover courtesy of Chad Knighton and it became final - Lisbon 48 Newmarket 47. Tough loss for the Mules. After watching the video highlights from their quarterfinals, they looked like they had all they need to make it into the finals. A great job by Jamie Hayes coaching the Mules, it's too bad someone had to lose this game.

2nd game went back and forth between Derryfield andf Littleton. The end of the 1st was Derryfield 14 Littleton 12. A deficit about 6 at halftime for Littleton, and then the third quarter the wheels fell off on Littleton's bus. At the end of the 3rd it was Derryfield 32 Littleton 20. Littleton could not get to the hoop with the height advantage Derryfield had and the Rams rebounded everything. Final was Derryfield 54-Littleton 33. It looked like Derryfield was having a hard time keeping up the fast paced play of Littleton in the first half, but they got their momentum going and some fresh legs to help them out. I have nothing but respect for Trevor Howard and the work he has done in Littleton, a tough way to end the season.

I don't know why the NHIAA schedules so many games this night, I saw a lot of new referees at PSU that I haven't seen before. We used to see the long timers doing the semis for Class S, now Division IV. Did not see even one of the regular North Country refs at all tonight.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down