New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Final Four Tuesday Night?

+4
rwvogeley
TheDeafPanther07
JustinMcIsaac
dj5hoop
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Four Tuesday Night? Empty Final Four Tuesday Night?

Post  dj5hoop Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

Tuesday nights D1 schedule could be a rehearsal for what may be the final four in Durham. Central is playing Trinity and South and Spaulding will be battling for postion as well. In a sense, they are both practice games and a great chance to see what works and what might need to be changed in case of a future match-up. I assume the coaches for these teams won't throw any surprises at the other team.

Getting to the final four will be no small task but these four teams appear to have the right ingredients to get it done.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Final Four Tuesday Night? Empty Re: Final Four Tuesday Night?

Post  JustinMcIsaac Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 am

While the entire NHSportspage will be getting their first look at Trinity tomorrow night, I'll be at South vs Spaulding if you want to tune in!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Justin, you are coming all the way to Nashua?? I just might stay home and go to South then!

I'm excited for both games...wish they were at completely different times of day so I could go to both!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Justin, you are coming all the way to Nashua?? I just might stay home and go to South then!

I'm excited for both games...wish they were at completely different times of day so I could go to both!

Hell yeah, I was just in Amherst Friday night, photobombing Tarrier's video!! cheers

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I think I'll play Hostess tomorrow!

Maybe a whole bunch of us can sit together and analyze the game together!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:I think I'll play Hostess tomorrow!

Maybe a whole bunch of us can sit together and analyze the game together!

I think they're putting me in a corner to broadcast, but come on over and say 'ello

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Most likely you will but I will def stop by and say hello! If you ever want a South "expert" to chime in...I'm your girl!

Everyone else, just look out for me and say hi! I'll be wearing something purple along with my purple glasses!!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Final Four Tuesday Night? Empty Deaf Panther

Post  rwvogeley Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 am

I think that you are right on the money with your assessments of the gmes tonight as well as your season long commentaries. I picked South the beginning of the year but am concerned about their depth and their tendency to play to the fans in the stands after the manke a three ball.
Spaulding is a classy operation led by their coach who I believe teaches fundamentals as well if not better than the other coaches in the state, haven't seen them this year yet but am looking foward to seeing them tonight.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am

Don't forget about these other big games:

Memorial at Alvirne: The Crusaders are coming off the loss to Winny and the Broncos need to jostle for seeding.

BG at Salem: Another good one with seeding ramifications.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am

RW, I think this is a big game for both teams! Spaulding has had our number over the years. Last year we went to Spaulding, we had a double digit lead at one point and lost. This is important for Spaulding, a chance for a true "quality" win on the road. For South, a chance to prove that Central game was for real...I'd hate to lose this game after upsetting Central last week!

T&F: I am also interested with Merrimack as they are at the school across the River. See if they can stop their losing streak!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 am

Should be at the South game tonight if my 15 month year old can stay awake,

looking forward to see, Nick, David, Danny and Jack last home along with Jimmy Taylor, I hope Mazz pulls a UNC and starts all seniors, (unlike Duke) Taylor is one of those kids that plays because he loves the game he as gotten very few minutes this year but as been in the program every year and as helped build the South program up.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 pm

JustinMcIsaac wrote:While the entire NHSportspage will be getting their first look at Trinity tomorrow night, I'll be at South vs Spaulding if you want to tune in!

Spaulding over South by 2.
I caught the last four minutes on the radio. Justin was in true Johnny Most / Tommy Heinsohn form tonight.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Final Trinity 49 Central 45

Gabriel & Pelletier each had 20

G had 11, Wenyin Gabr%el w 9

Dickson had 11, Hanson with 6, Plentzas & KELLY w 4 each

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 pm

BG over Salem 63-59 Probably 20+ points from the line for Salem - they were there a lot!

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Spaulding get their signature win of the year with beating South 59-57. South had the ball with 2.8 seconds after a steal by Dan Auger when someone was not paying attention to where he was. The inbound results in a Backcourt Violation and Spaulding inbounded to run out the clock with 1.4 seconds. Both teams were making everything in both halfs but South was commiting Cardinal Sins on defense, like leaving their feet, not closing out well, etc. Spaulding (and South for most of the game) was making everything from Paradis in the post to MacGregor from 3 and everyone else in between. A tit for tat game, I don't think the lead was any bigger than 5 pts for Spaulding in the 2nd half (and South had a 6-7 pt lead in the 1st, I believe). It was close all game and both teams battled hard!

With Dover losing to Pinkerton, Pinky got momentum as South goes there on friday! Pinky is going to play hard as they are on the line for last team in/first team out.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

Deafpanther, do you know how many points Paradis had tonight for Spaulding?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

T&F, you'll have to ask Justin, he was there and had his score book. I didn't keep stats, sorry. But Paradis had a good game!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 am

OK, Justin, can you help us out here?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am

We prob won't here from him til wayyy later. Left Nashua about 9. Said he could get back to Rochester by 10...we'll see!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

From what I remember from Justin's post-game wrap-up, two Spaulding players had around 20-22 points apiece, and Paradis was one of them.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 am

The officials in the South Spaulding game made a terrible sin as well with about 6.5 left Auger steals the ball from behind going towards Spaulding hoop and gain possession with over 5 left, the whole south bench is calling for timeouts and the officials not aware of the situation and out of possession did not grant the time out until 2.8.

That lead to the poorly designed or executed inbound play that was a back court on south, though if there was more time I think Maz would be able to run something in his play book that got the ball in Tim Preston hands going towards the basket.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

Paradis and MacGregor both had 21 for Spaulding. Jack Preston had 18.

I did make it back by 10, BTW.

And by my count, Paradis and Spaulding have knocked off Gendron, Lunn, and Preston. DOMinator for POTY!!

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

I will add Red Raiders deserved to win they out played South and McGregor was awesome hitting at least 5 threes.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 am

Tim Preston did not play well, he was out of it on the defense end and was not very aggressive on O, not sure if not starting effected his game, ( not use to it) he had his spurts but did not dominate the game. Spualding did do a good job helping off.

Jimmy Taylor did start for South and scored and early bucket to make it 8-3 south. It was very cool moment.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 am

by goldenbear on Tue 26 Feb - 22:20

The officials in the South Spaulding game made a terrible sin as well with about 6.5 left Auger steals the ball from behind going towards Spaulding hoop and gain possession with over 5 left, the whole south bench is calling for timeouts and the officials not aware of the situation and out of possession did not grant the time out until 2.8.

Goldenbear, I wouldn't call it a sin. Officials primary job is what's happening in the game first and time outs 2nd. Every official is taught this. If an official is looking for a time out instead of a foul, violation or a ball that goes out of bounds then people would be roasting the official for not looking at the game situation and looking off court for a time out.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next