New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 19th Games

+12
CasualFan
nhbasketball
JustinMcIsaac
middleschoolball
The Edge
goldenbear
EBlessNHSP
sjsprague
BoscoD39
bgcgchoops
TheDeafPanther07
Tuesday and Friday
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Feb. 19th Games Empty Feb. 19th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 am

Some really good matchups tonight.

Dover at Bedford: Bulldogs are in 9th and the Wave is in 10th. The loser of this game in all likelihood WILL NOT have any chance of hosting a prelim game. In January Dover was the team nobody wanted to play. In Feb Dover is the team people are scratching their heads on. Dover has lost 4 out of their last 5 including losses to Keene and Winny. Bedford has really been a "Makes sense" team as in the majority of their losses and wins have "Made sense." The only team the Bulldogs have beaten above them in the standings is Merrimack. Bedford has basically lost to the majority of the teams above them in the standings, while they have beaten the majority of the teams below them in the standings. Bedford on Feb. 19th being in 9th place "Makes sense."

Pinkerton at Memorial: This isn't what you would label a Marquee game, but it could be an interesting game. Last week Memorial only beat West by 2 and with every one questioning Memorial's motivation and depth they went on to play their best game of the year in dismantling Merrimack. Of course since they:

"Beat Undefeated Central in December" Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

Pinkerton has really taken verbal salvos on the chin the first half of the year. They have 1 million students. They have a Paul Bunyan height team. They lack stamina in the 4th quarter and are outscored immensly in many final frames. Now, enter the:

"2013 Version of the 2012 T & F Riding the Lancer Horse" ....... Dave Haley.

Dave will duly point out the Astros are very young. They have some very good young talent in Welch, Testa and Rosinski. Dave will tell you Pinkerton will be very good next year and great in 2 years. Dave has a nice comfortable seat on the Astros rocket ship. So, basically what I'm saying is I think I've done a nice job of giving a #15 at #5 game some nice publicity. Wink

Exeter at Salem: Exeter is coming on. Salem was coming on until they lost to Alvirne by 38 points and Ruffen didn't score.

Alvirne at Winny: Good matchup and a game Alvirne needs to maintain the 8th seed.

Merrimack at Spaulding: Huge game with Top 4 seeds ramifications. It will be interesting to see how Merrimack bounces back from their bad loss to Memorial on the road at the RCC. This is the start of Spaulding's last 4 game brutal stretch, which has been talked about for some time. After this game Spaulding has to play BG, South and Memorial.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 19th Games Empty Re: Feb. 19th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 am

Oh I almost forgot the friendly little game being played at the Simon Gym at 6:30 pm tonight. Yes, that's right 6:30 pm so make a note of it.

This game was one of the Marquee games before the season even started. Both teams were thought of as pre season top 4 teams by just about everybody. Neither team has disappointed any pre season pickers. Both teams can be very difficult to play. Both teams have chinks in their armor. Both teams are intense and play the game physical. Both teams have a really good point guard. Both teams have POY candidates.

The matchup between Tim Preston and Dawson Dickson will be fascinating to watch. Both are crafty. Preston is taller and stronger. Dickson gets by with his head more than he does with his body. On paper you have to give this edge to Tim Preston, who is a solid POY candidate, in some HS hoop fan's books, but Dickson knows every nook and cranny of the Simon Gym.

Jack Preston vs Troy Pelletier. Wowsa Yowsa. It doesn't get any better than this. Will they cover each other? If either of these 2 gets in early foul trouble that will be big. Pelletier eats up a big game like this with scoring, leadership and intangibles. I have a very good feeling Jack Preston can't wait for this one tonight. The Central student body is frothing at the mouth to get at Jack P verbally tonight. I'm sure Jack P can't wait to do a couple of extended made shot fish hooks with a direct look at the Central student body.

In my mind one of the biggest keys to the game will be the 3rd scoring option for both clubs. Brett Hansen vs. David Dunham. I'm not too far off when I say you could probably fit 2 Brett Hansens into one David Dunham. One of the biggest keys to South's fortunes is how Dunham plays and scores. Not too many teams can bring a 3rd consistent scorer to the court like South brings Dunham. Hansen is Central's little bit of every thing. He scores, rebounds, plays good D and brings the ball up against pressure to take some of that load off of Dickson. An early sign for South will be if Dunham decides to exert his force in the paint or be happy with chucking 3's. If South wants to get the W in this huge game, then Dunham MUST be a force in the paint and get some close by baskets.

If Central wants to get the W Dickson must play very well against his counterpart and in some way the Central team or student body must get under Jack Preson's Panther skin and take him off his POY game.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 19th Games Empty excuse me...

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 am

T&F...you missed the best game of them all!! How about...

Nashua South at Manchester Central!!!!

#3 vs. #1! I think this will be a great game and I wish I was going!!!!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am

oops...you written your response as I was writing mine!! Regardless, will be a great game!!!

I would also look for Mike Plenztas...he's one guy I'm afraid of when I'm watching Central. He might be their X-Factor

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am

No problem DPanther. i just thought a game with the magnitude of South at Central deserved it's own post and a block of my mental basketball thoughts.

You are right about Plentzas. He is key also for going against pressure and taking some scoring load off Pelletier. The matchup at the #2 position is a great one also. Auger quietly brings a lot to the South table. He doesn't score like Plentzas, mostly because with this South team, he doesn't have to. Auger plays in your face defense, rebounds like some forwards with some serious hops and his motor is always running. In the BG game he looked like Jon Klecan Light.

The nice thing about this game is you could go on talking about players for the 2 teams and what they mean and we haven't even mentioned uhh humm........

Doc and Mazz

So, you can tell I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME !!!!!

I just think this game has that 6:00 &7:30 March 12th or 3:00 pm March 16th Lundholm Gym feeling to it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Hopefully it'll be the Championship game!!

I am disappointed that I'm not going but I'll be in Londonderry to watch them play Timberlane.

I most likely will find someone to text me updates from Simon Gym!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  bgcgchoops Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Kaleb Marquis from Concord will most likely score his 1000th career point tonight on senior night vs.BG. I believe he is 4 points shy of the mark going into tonight.

bgcgchoops
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Nice accomplishment for Kaleb Marquis.

I've seen him play a few times. He has the quickest shot release this side of Patrick Welch of Pembroke.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Timberlane at Londonderry getting some love? What's that? No? Hmm.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 19th Games Empty Feb 19th Games

Post  sjsprague Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I'll be at the Concord game watching Kaleb. As I have said previously it is too bad that the POY has to come from a good team. This kid is the heart and soul of basketball in Concord.

He has played for a bad and poorly coached program for 4 years and certainly deserves recognition for his achievements.

Oh, and by the way the NH Sportspage does not have his scoring stats correct. He scored 24 pts against Timberland which is not included in his point total. He has 232 points in 13 games.

Maybe a little update can occur.

sjsprague
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:09 pm

sjsprague wrote:
Oh, and by the way the NH Sportspage does not have his scoring stats correct. He scored 24 pts against Timberland which is not included in his point total. He has 232 points in 13 games.

Maybe a little update can occur.

Usually we get stats from either the coach, school official, parent or player themselves. Once they send it we can update it accordingly.

Either email Dave: davehaley@nhsportspage.com

Or use our form: http://www.nhsportspage.com/contact_us.php
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

I think Auger will be on Dickson with T. Preston on Hansen, also I would think Knight would cover Pellitier,

Dunham on TK will be an interesting match up. Not sure how Jack will cover, south as also played some 2-3 zone this year but not sure you can do that against Central.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

What I find interesting his South Flex offense actually works against Central because Doc over plays the passing lanes and does not leave a big to clog the middle.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  bgcgchoops Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Concord 22 BG 15 at the half.

bgcgchoops
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bgcgchoops Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Concord 38 BG 32 after 3.

bgcgchoops
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  bgcgchoops Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Final BG 47 Concord 44

bgcgchoops
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Final South 70 Central 62

Tim Preston 27 Knight 16 Dunham 15 J. Preston 7

Pelletier 27 Hansen & Kelly w 10 each Dickson 9

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Final Spaulding 63 Merrimack 51

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Tim Preston way by far the best player on the court, it was an amazing job to watch, Pellitier had 27 but 8 of that was in the last minute or so.

South controlled the game from the second quarter on, Central did cut it to 4 mid way third but then it eas back up to 11 and it stayed between 11 and 6 all of the 4th,

Tim Preston is a D 1 player if he spends a year a prep, he is young and will graduated at 17 but it was an amazing performance.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Like I have said before:

Tim Preston = POY

Preston of the year

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Feb. 19th Games Empty Concord

Post  middleschoolball Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Taking a look back at Concord's games, you see some tough loses for them - the Central game was a tight one until the 4th, losing to Exeter by 1, losing to Memorial by 3, IIRC the Spaulding game was lost in overtime, Alvirne game was lost in Double overtime and now losing to Guertin by 3. They easily could be 8-8 right now.

How about Pembroke - the opposite effect where they've won only by a few points in some games including the Windham one tonight - 52-48.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Edge he might be player of the year,

I had not seen an all around game in NH basketball in a long time

I watched the Bowen Hassan dual

I have seen Sammy Alexian take over games by just going to the basket but man

Preston game tonight at an undefeated team on the road was a thing of beauty

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 pm

End first quarter Preston misses a 3

end of second quarter he hits a 3

end of the third Central runs a double team at him he shakes both goes toward basket draws another defender and kicks it to Dunham for a 3. Brilliant basketball

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Congrats to Dominick Paradis on passing the 1,000 point mark in the Red Raiders win over Merrimack.

Where's our friend that does nothing but smack talk Spaulding???!??! *crickets*

Now Now Justin..... I don't want to see a Forum fight here. Good win for Spaulding.

T & F

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nhbasketball Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Winnacunnet 72 Alvrine 68

nhbasketball
Freshman
Freshman