SeacoastOnline.com Class I Preview

Fosters Daily Democrat

Fosters.com Class I, M and S Capsules

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Boys Basketball Class I Previews Empty Re: Boys Basketball Class I Previews

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Well its easy to like Milford for the obvious reasons (do I really need to go there?) and even Pelham...but who else has a shot to step up in Class I? I haven't seen Mike around these parts these days...any other resident lurkers who want to chime in on what could be a very competitive Class this year?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Boys Basketball Class I Previews Empty Oyster River,Pembroke,Hanover and Lebanon.. maybe even Souhegan

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Oyster River,Pembroke,Hanover and Lebanon.. maybe even Souhegan

Oyster River is one of the bigger teams this season with a very good point guard in McDonnel. If they can get some scoring from the wing guys they will be very tough. Tomorrows game with Milford will tell you if they have the guard play and wings to run with Milford. I see Milford winning this but both teams will still be there come March.

Pembroke has been seen playing very well despite their new players and young roster. Many of these kids have been trained and taught the game very well up until now and they will get back to speed very quickly.

Hanover has a very good guard in Carney and some solid athletes that work hard defensively. If they can get some scoring from the rest of the roster they will be tough as well. This team has the easiest schedule in the division and may flirt with going undefeated. The only real tough games they have is Pembroke tomorrow night and Lebanon at home and away. The game tomorrow is a very good early season matchup.

Lebanon I am not as confident with since I have not seen much of them since two years ago but they have a good system and always compete strong. The point guard for them is very good. They also have Jake Woodward who had a injury plagued season last year but returned in the second half and put up some very good numbers.

Pelham to me has the best chance to get back to UNH and maybe even run the table. They have arguably the best player in class I in Spirou and Mike Lombard is as tough as they come. Coach Kressy does a great job teaching team defense and if teams allow Spirou to many touches he can beat you himself. They are young at the guard spot but their young guys are very competitive and will not roll over for anyone. I see them possibly taking a few losses this season but in the end if they are in the last game of the year I will not be surprised at all.

Milford is the frontrunner in most peoples eyes, but they have to get better defensively as the season goes on. They are going to put up numbers. All of their returning guys return with added skills. Mike O is bigger,stronger and shooting the ball as good as anyone in the state. Jamie Holder is also a little bigger and gotten some strength to his game. He has developed into a well rounded player also. His range and ability to finish with contact is much improved as well. Mitchell is a more consistent shooter and even able to pull up and elevate over defenders. His court awareness and vision is to me the best I have seen since watching hoops in NH. I know I am biased but he is more likely to make a crowd go crazy over a pass than any player in the state. Scotty McCallum is now a player, he has always been able to shoot but now he can do the other things that will get him minutes and with the passing this team is capable of and the ability to get to the rim you can bet he will see many kick out j's over the next few months. I have a website for this team set up and over the 3 scrimmages they have been averaging 18 to 23 assist a scrimmage. So for those who are worried that this team will not pass the ball and play selfish I say watch the video. They are the team to beat but by no means a lock. One back game in March or an injury at any point could change all that. Going to be a blast seeing how this division ends up.
Good luck to all!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Benchwarmer on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:01 pm

chicagokid43, Where is the website? Is it just for the Milford team?

Benchwarmer
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm pretty sure he's referring to these hghlights from their preseason games - nice editing by the way Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chicagokid43 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Sort of Mr Assistant. There is a much better website that I built for the team. Has some of those highlights with more to see and schedule/roster and individual highlights that will be updated as the year goes on. I would rather not post the page on here but if anyone that isnt the enemy..lol is interested I send me a message and I will oblige.
I really would rather the kids kept this more to themselves. Other kids take this as a gloating thing where I just take it as a memory and in some cases a recruitment tool that may help a few players as well. Anyway, how did you guys like the update/preview?

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum