New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Feb. 15th Games

+2
TheDeafPanther07
Tuesday and Friday
6 posters

Go down

Feb. 15th Games Empty Feb. 15th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30 am

Salem at Alvirne: Very interesting matchup. Alvirne's 2 biggest wins have been against Bedford and Exeter. Salem is coming off a huge signature win against Spaulding on Tuesday. Ruffen is back to being healthy and scoring which makes them a much tougher team Tyler Livingston, although maybe out of the picture for POY has certainly been playing like a 1st team AS the last month. This game will be very close.

Memorial at Merrimack: If I had a dollar for the amount of correspondences from MY basketball people this week asking, "What's going on at Memorial", I could take GNG, Tulliver and Foxy Lady out to lunch..... Well, maybe not Tulliver. Is Kante going to play? Why is Tong in street clothes? When is Eddows coming back. This is not a good time of year for your team to have a lot of questions. Merrimack has won 7 in a row, including wins over Exeter, BG and Trinity. Gendron has been POY-like. With Merrimack presently in 4th and Memorial in 6th this game is huge to host your first 2 potential playoff games.

Central at Winny: This could be a trap game for Central. Winny beat Dover last week. Central has no real great size which means the smaller fast Winny lineup will match up well with the Little Green. I'm not calling an upset, but Winny has hung tough in a lot of their losses to good teams.

The Pete Tarrier Side Laughing

Pinkerton at Bedford Girls: Pinkerton is coming off a loss at BG. The winner of this game solidifies a Top 4 seed. The loser has to win their last 2 games to ensure a Top 4 seed. I'm presuming with this being the Girl's game of the night, Pete, Jon and the hi tech NH Sportspage equipment WILL NOT be in Bedford to cover this game Wink Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Feb. 15th Games Empty Re: Feb. 15th Games

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm going to be in Manch tonight.

Londonderry @ Trinity. Watching for the boss tonight and I find this an interesting matchup myself as to see how Londonderry can flat out play even though their record doesn't indicate it and see how Trinity can stay at their standard of play.

I did wish I was going to Merrimack! I think that game will cement one these team's place in the playoffs and/or their playing abilities for a run in the playoffs. I have Merrimack winning at home!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm

I'll be in Somersworth for the Hilltoppers vs Prospect Mt. If the playoffs started today, the T'Wolves would be the 8 seed,and Hilltoppers are the 9 with 3 games to play in a D3 that has 419 teams.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Feb. 15th Games Empty Londonderry/Trinity

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 am

Was not much of a game...Trinity won handedly 74-40. Londonderry never got going and Trinity was just was better. Trinity was pressing in the 1st half and the Lancers had no answer and Mabor Gabriel had a good game but they didn't need to depend on him but still had some points and rebounds (and I don't have them on me).

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:00 am

Oooohhh....the humanity (as Bill Walton would say). Central beat Winnacunnet 50-46. This game was ugly and difficult to watch. Slow paced, long possessions and poor quality. Central is now 15-0 but it doesn't feel like it. The tournament is going to be wide open and nothing should really be a surprise. Shocked

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am

Long day of regular work and hoop work, so I'm going to do the Dave Haley extremely short blubs on some results:

Alvirne 71 Salem 33: Totally shocked until I saw Ruffen wasn't in the box score for Salem.

Exeter 46 Concord 45: Very surprised.

Memorial 81 Merrimack 55: Extremely surprised. Can't wait to see the box score on this one and what Dave has to say tomorrow morning on his show.

Central 50 Winny 46: Not surprised at all. I expected a tight one as Winny matches up well with Central.

The Pete Tarrier Side:

Alvirne 68 Salem 67: Sounds like a good one and Salem girls are officially the team you don't want to play in the playoffs.

Bedford 55 Pinkerton 39: Not surprised by the result, but I'm surprised the Lady Astros didn't have more fight in them coming off the BG loss.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 am

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Was not much of a game...Trinity won handedly 74-40. Londonderry never got going and Trinity was just was better. Trinity was pressing in the 1st half and the Lancers had no answer and Mabor Gabriel had a good game but they didn't need to depend on him but still had some points and rebounds (and I don't have them on me).

Think it was Mabor's brother who played as reported by Mr. Haley on the NH HS BBall Show this morning.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 am

1st cup of coffee and 1st hour of Dave and Pete.

Dave said of the Memorial - Merrimack game:

- Memorial could've beaten any team in the state last night.... And they were WITHOUT Kante, Tschief N. and Eddows.

- The thing that made it tough for Gendron to score last night was 6'4 Mayola would be matched up on him as he stepped over half court. Then, on a pick or switch 6'3 Kabongo or 6'2 Zouby would then be matched on him. Gendron was faced with a tough defensive matchup all night long. So, T & F says, cut the head of the fish off and the fish loses by 26 points.

- Jack Quirk was asked a plethora of questions by a plethora of HS writers and broadcasters about the status of the aforementioned missing 3 Crusaders. Coach Q couldn't get into specifics, but he said if 2 of the 3 do what "they need to do", then they will be back on the court in the near future.

- Coach Quirk said last night's effort was the best 4 quarters of basketball his team played since:

Here we go. The next line could be in the Top 5 of the year. Drumroll please bah dum bah dum......

"We beat Undefeated Central in December."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

2nd cup of coffee and 2nd hour of Dave and Pete.

- Dave and Pete said ever since they called out Mabor Gabriel and Tyler Livingston, it might not be related, but both have played like 1st team all staters.

- Alvirne coach Seth Garon said the referees handled the Jack Preston leaving the bench in the Alvirne game very well.

- They said Brett Sellingham of BST mentioned the Alvirne - South game was one of the best games of the year. Both teams got after each other. It was physical and the refs let them play.

- Seth Garon said Brandon Len is one of the craftiest players he's ever seen. Len can get shots up over 6'6 kids. He also put Tim Preston in that category.

- Garon says he has about 4 - 5 kids that are "on it" as far as what's going on with twitter, web sites and newspapers for HS basketball information. The rest go to practices, go to games and then go home.

- Pete asked Garon if the Broncos' backcourt can hold up in the playoffs. Garon said his backcourt is getting more confidence and progressing.

- Garon was asked about Alvirne's move up to D1 football. He said it will be a tough go, but we'll see what happens.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

3rd cup of coffee.

- Pete and Dave talked about our very own, Mikey Martineau and his big basket.

- Pete said Mikey comes up to him at Central games and gives him the lineup. Mikey sometimes gives him an injury report, which probably not to the liking of Doc Laughing

- Seth Garon was a college room mate of NH Sports Forum's own Eliot Bless. Garon said Eliot is a "Neat Freak."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:15 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Was not much of a game...Trinity won handedly 74-40. Londonderry never got going and Trinity was just was better. Trinity was pressing in the 1st half and the Lancers had no answer and Mabor Gabriel had a good game but they didn't need to depend on him but still had some points and rebounds (and I don't have them on me).

Unfortunately this years version of the Lancers lack the intestinal fortitude of last years. Last year win , lose or draw at least the opponent knew they were in a basketball game. In other words they have the same problem Merrimack had at half time last night.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote:
- Seth Garon was a college room mate of NH Sports Forum's own Eliot Bless. Garon said Eliot is a "Neat Freak."

Tarrier set him up...anyway, nobody likes a messy forum Wink
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum