@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding.

Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding.

Post  GNG on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:25 am

First game- Pinkerton - North. Both teams are 3 - 8 . How that is possible with the talent pool both these schools have to pick from blows me away.
Anyhow, the loser of this game could quite possibly be one of the four teams not to make the tourny.

Second Game - BG - SOUTH. Both teams are 8 - 3. Both are fighting to get a top 4 seed. Both have outstanding big men. South has Preston at guard who doesn't get as much ink as his brother, but is one heck of a player. BG has Boykins back. I call him a difference maker.

Two games with IMPORTANT playoff implications for two very different reasons. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Cool

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 am

Looks like a great afternoon of hoop at North.
I hate to say I agree with you, but loser of Pinky game is probably out of the playoffs. North played hard defense against south,this could be key to winning over Pinky. North lost more talent than most teams from last year including BG. Two guards were among the best players in the state.
South BG Both teams need to wi n. BG has an advantage in not playing Central this year-one less loss.
Preston against Lunn. Today I take Lunn, he has less talent on his team than the two Prestons. Potential Big Preston has a tremendous upside, but he needs to put it together quickly. I think depth can win favor BG, but I think Mazz will cram the paint on defense and neutralize Lunn. Edge South

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty I will be there

Post  tarrier on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Looking forward to taking in this Sunday doubleheader in my hometown of Nashua! I haven't seen North(outside of the pre-game lay up line during the Chick-Fil-A holiday tourney) or Pinkerton this year. Can't wait to see Lates of North and the young Rosinski of Pinkerton(his dad the coach is one of the nicest guys to deal with...I feel bad for him because his team this year isn't very good).

BG/South is gonna be flat out fun! As GNG & rwvogeley said the Lunn/Jack Preston match-up is a good one as is Tim Preston/Boykin.

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty Nashua games

Post  rwvogeley on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Maybe GNG will grace us with his presence. We can find him by looking for someone wearing maroon and gold

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty Re: A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding.

Post  goldenbear on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:52 pm

The talent at North is not that great the senior class is very weak and they lost 9 to ten players last year.

The basketball talent in Nashua is way down, the Freshman class is pretty good at both schools with 4 freshman kids playing JV at North and SOuth as some good freshman as well.

The coaching at North was lacking for a few years but lane is building the program right and they will be good in future years.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty Girls Results

Post  NHRamFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Not a surprise: BG 79 South 45
Mild surprise: Pinkerton 56 North 43. Heard it was tied after 3; North only scored 4 in the final quarter. Hope someone has some details to share. Looks like Coach Barry used the "easy" part of his schedule to properly prepare his team for the tough stretch. Next up for the Astros: BG, at BG on Tuesday..
Thursday BG travels to North and on Friday Pinkerton travels to Bedford. Looks like the top 4 seeds will pretty much be settled by next weekend in girls D 1.

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty SOUTH 66 BG 51

Post  GNG on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:46 pm

South was in total control from the tip.

Preston won the battle of the big men. He was impressive. Very impressive.

No Boykins for BG. My source who is usually 99.9 % reliable said he was playing. Maybe he had a setback.

South looked like a team ready to make a run.

BG looked flat from the start. Hard to be flat in such a BIG game.

One good thing. I got to talk to the new Alvirne football coach for quite a bit. The staff he has assembled has 202 years of coaching expierence. Very Happy I introduced Pete {who was there with his young son} and Jeremy to him. He will quite a guest on the radio. His enthusiasm is contagous.

Also on hand was RW who shared his hoops wisdom with me.

Didn't get to meet DP. Oh yeah some dude named T@F was there .

Good crowd on hand. To bad they didn't see a better game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding. Empty Re: A doubleheader that could go a LONG WAYS in playoff seeding.

Post  dadncoach on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Pinkerton/North girls game was a good one, albeit sloppy at times. I have not seen North this year, but with their speed, I would imagine that wreaking havoc is part of their style. It worked well for three quarters. Tied after three, Pinkerton settled down and played with poise in the fourth to pull away. Barry has shortened his bench considerably with the starters logging all but maybe 12-16 minutes. I thought all played well for Pinkerton, with Sam Breslin and Kayla Stacy showing the required poise down the stretch. Big week for them with BG Tuesday and Bedford Friday, both on the road. The younger Choate maybe the quickest player I have seen in sometime, and also possesses great skill.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  dadncoach on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Also, one other thing after reading GNG talking about the BG game. I do truly believe these teams are programmed to play on Tuesdays and Fridays. It seemed to take both girls teams awhile to get out of the snow banks....

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:36 pm

GNG did you stay the entire game? BG came out flat first half but Lunn picked it up in the second half with 14 more pts and 7 more bds. He fouled out with about 3 or 4 mins left in fourth. South looked good and Preston had help from his supporting cast, Lunn did not. I stopped keeping track of people's points when my pen ran out..... will now wait for someone to post the box scores.

North and Pinkerton were hard to watch. Absolutely no flow to the game. With 3 mins left in the first half, the North coach had the boys hold the ball at about the 3:00 minute mark, the ball was not dribbled, nobody moved on the court while the clock ticked down....then went for a final shot and missed it. The crowd grew restless and was asking for their money back. It was quite comical. Can someone say shot clock?

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 pm

I am very proud of my boys beating the Cardinals!!! Was very nervous for most of the last 3 quarters...hoping we could stay focused and we did AWESOME!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lunn and Preston battle it out like I thought they would and Jack did a great job! Got 3-4 blocks on Lunn and Lunn got frustrated a few times, I felt. I highlighted his favorite move to the basket and didn't do it too many times!!

Talking with the boss tmrw and seeing who I am scouting...I'll let people know if they want to join me and see me in action!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

South and the Preston brothers were very impressive in their 66 - 51 victory over BG. Jack Preston had a monster POY-like first half scoring 20 points. I've said this before, but I have to say it again. This was another signature loss for the Cardinals. If the basketball Gods are with me I will have a write up on the NHN.

The game away from the game were the hoop afficianados in attendance at this Sunday evening game:

I had the pleasure of meeting DeafPanther. This Lady has it going on!!! You can't believe the insightful notes she takes during the game along with her observations. This gal knows her stuff !!

I met rwvogeley. We respectfully agreed to disagree about POY and which guard we would rather have stir our basketball drink: Tim Preston or Brandon Len. Rw dissects the game similar to the way I did with frogs back in HS science class.

Pete was in the house with his son. Pete's son is a concession stands operator's dream !! He's a hungry and thirsty boy. Pete logged more footage going to the concession stand than Migs did in the coaches box.

Jeremy rushed from the huge Pinkerton - North girl's game to see the last 20 minutes of this game. He's a dedicated HS basketball soul. I don't believe we had any disagreements which might be a first.

Chris Shuker of WGAM was there.... Now called ESPN NH.

Oh I almost forgot..... GNG graced us with an appearance. I believe he left at halftime (Pepe). I wouldn't know because he never said bye to me. He just vanished like Dr. Richard Kimball in the movie "The Fugitive." He's starting to think he's now BG's unlucky charm as they have lost the last 3 games he's gone to. Maybe, Migs can address this with him.

Sadly, Tulliver was not there to join the cavalcade of hoopsters. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:34 pm

T&F, oh stop it!! Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to have met you and see your face! Hopefully we'll see each other again soon and we can have our own discussions!!

GNG, I was hoping to see you but I must've missed ya!!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

T&F - Impressive use of French in the NHN write-up.
You are a true International man of intrigue.
Does Sasquatch try to take pictures of you? Smile Razz

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Merci beaucoup, Edge !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 pm

I was there for North Pinkerton - but T&F was tardy.

I will be in the Simon gym tomorrow.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Tulliver, you going to Central?? I might be going but I don't know where the gym is but I do know where the building is! Trying to find some help to getting in there in terms of parking

I'm a new driver Neutral

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  dj5hoop on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am

To get into the Central gym you can enter on the Maple Street side or you can park in the parking garage and take the elevator. Parking can be tough but there is plenty of room in the parking garage. To get to the parking garage turn into the school from Lowell Street and follow the path that leads below the building.

dj5hoop
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum