New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

+7
goldenbear
BoscoD39
Crossover
HaleyNHsports
SeacoastDad
Tuesday and Friday
GNG
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty Re: Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

but remember being on the bench and then coming on the court my add an extra game to it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty Re: Season is halfway done for these 2 teams.

Post  JAF Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Confused - was Preston on the bench for the T because of being ejected for taunting or on the bench because his coach put him there for the T for taunting. IOW - was he ejected from the game? I think not because an ejection would require leaving the court area with a coach, right? As long as there is a coach available... How many foul shots were taken when he got his T?

As for the end of the game stuff... Seems someone may want to have a look at Alvirne game tape as it's not the first time they've tried to mix it up after a game was out of hand... I seem to recall towards the end of the BG game seeing an Alvirne player try to mix it up, but the BG player wasn't getting baited. One of Alvirne's better players too. I didn't think much of it at the time since I know for competitive athletes sometimes frustrations can get the better of you, but if this happens frequently... hmm...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

JAF wrote:
Confused - was Preston on the bench for the T because of being ejected for taunting or on the bench because his coach put him there for the T for taunting. IOW - was he ejected from the game? I think not because an ejection would require leaving the court area with a coach, right? As long as there is a coach available... How many foul shots were taken when he got his T?

As for the end of the game stuff... Seems someone may want to have a look at Alvirne game tape as it's not the first time they've tried to mix it up after a game was out of hand... I seem to recall towards the end of the BG game seeing an Alvirne player try to mix it up, but the BG player wasn't getting baited. One of Alvirne's better players too. I didn't think much of it at the time since I know for competitive athletes sometimes frustrations can get the better of you, but if this happens frequently... hmm...

He was on the bench after the taunting T. Never ejected for taunting and in hindsight not sure I would of classified it as taunting. More like an NFL excessive celebration. None of what he did after the dunk was directed to an Alvirne player directly. I think the T came for the Schwarzenegger flexes at the foul line but the ref would be the only one to answer that.
He was ejected after leaving the bench area
BTW- if I ever could have dunked like that I would of done some flexing too.

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 pm

The Edge wrote:
He was on the bench after the taunting T. Never ejected for taunting and in hindsight not sure I would of classified it as taunting. More like an NFL excessive celebration. None of what he did after the dunk was directed to an Alvirne player directly. I think the T came for the Schwarzenegger flexes at the foul line but the ref would be the only one to answer that.
He was ejected after leaving the bench area
BTW- if I ever could have dunked like that I would of done some flexing too.

The flexing probably got him an unsportsmanlike conduct T.

The leaving the bench area on the fight will get him a suspension - whether or not he's felt to be a peacemaker, there is no leeway provided.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  CasualFan Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Sports teach discipline, commitment and build character. Showing sportsmanship and constraint on the court is important. Unfortunately a good game played is overshadowed by the "extracurricular stuff" (to quote Nate Mazz) that occurred. Hopefully a lesson is learned. Let your quality play on the court define you, not "flexing" your muscles.

CasualFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty My predictions at the halfway point.

Post  GNG Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

I went back and looked at my predictions.

CENTRAL
TRINITY
MEMORIAL
SPAULDING
SOUTH.

I also wrote BG and Merrimack would be top 8 by the end of the season.

My other prediction was West would not make the playoffs.

Not to shabby.

You all remember who I like for poy. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Well Preston probably cost him self at player of the year, so you might be right, though I think Pellitier might have something to say about it as well.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty What happened to the upsets?

Post  GNG Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:06 pm

It seems this season has been chaulk in Division 1.

I can't think of one major upset so far. Usually by this time we have some real headscratchers. Maybe the 2nd half will be different.

I hope so anyway. It makes it so much more fun to try and figure out what will happen come tournament time. Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

I think that I agree with you regarding the lack of upsets.With the lack of overall talent due to prep defections,this doesn't surprise me,
Here is the real question...Two years ago there were several talented players. Who would win between this years BG versus the team two yers ago?????? Smile

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty RW

Post  GNG Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Two years is forever ago in terms of talent in NH hoops.

Just like in the early 2000's was way better then two years ago.

My favorite era was the early seventies. There was some great hoop being played in the Granite state.

To answer your question I'll take the team that won the ship. Very Happy

Tuesday should be a fun one though. Big game. Haven't been able to write that to often this season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

I agree with GNG.

If BG circa 2011 played the 2013 BG team the final score would be:

2011 68 2013 60

Of course the biggest factor is the blood pressure of Migs who would be running between coaches boxes trying to make substitutions, yelling at players from both teams and giving 15 seconds to each team in a 30 second time out. That would be worth the price of admission.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  The Edge Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm

GNG wrote: It seems this season has been chaulk in Division 1.

I can't think of one major upset so far. Usually by this time we have some real headscratchers. Maybe the 2nd half will be different.

I hope so anyway. It makes it so much more fun to try and figure out what will happen come tournament time. Basketball

Doubt you are going to see many upsets this year. The disparity in talent between the top teams (Central,Trinity,BG, Memorial, South, Spaulding) and the rest of the league is too wide. You might see a Merrimack/Winny/Bedford knock one of them off on a good night but the rest of the league seems weak. Not sure of the reasonong behind this, injuries have hurt a few teams (Dover,Londonderry,Salem). Graduation took a huge toll on others (Pinkerton, North)

The Edge
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Season is halfway done for these 2 teams. - Page 2 Empty Edge

Post  rwvogeley Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

I agree. There are 6 teams with achance to win..contenders and the next 12 are pretenders.
But it still takes 18 games to eliminate 4 teams. And you wonder why there isno shot clock in NH?????

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum