New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D 1 Girls - Watch Out

3 posters

Go down

D 1 Girls - Watch Out Empty D 1 Girls - Watch Out

Post  NHRamFan Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:37 am

The Dover loss was the wake up call that everyone in D 1 will wish they had had the opportunity to deliver. After what was rumored to be an intense practice Wednesday night...BG came out on all cylinders and never looked back, winning 77-38. Their defensive intensity was stifling - and it sparked their offense.

Coach Hazelton must have told them he was going to ask what Exeter's players had for breakfast - they were that up and in their face. Every passing lane denied. 10 second back court calls - 5 second closely guarded calls - steals and forced TO's.

Lady Cards were up 17 after one; 28 at the half and 39 after three. The magin pushed 50 until Exeter made a little run at the end when it was long done. Meghan Green had 25 pts unofficially; Jamie Sherburne was distributing like clockwork; but the breakout game belonged to Paige Parkinson. 8 Boards, 19 points including 5 threes....I'm sure Coach Oliver wishes she were still at North!

Indicative of the vibe BG had going was a fast break in the third quarter. Sherburne pushed it up the left side to Hayner, who passed to Gibbs who had curled from the right lane to the left short corner; Gibbs tap passed to Green who was charging down the lane as the trailer for an easy two. Total time from possession to score was about 4 seconds.

The sleepiing giant has been awakened...

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

D 1 Girls - Watch Out Empty Re: D 1 Girls - Watch Out

Post  dadncoach Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 am

Nice write-up, NHRamFan. I am still a bit perplexed as to what happened in Dover. In my opinion, BG's bottom six should've been able to take care of them. See Dover's one point win over Central ( a winless team) this evening. In any event, I doubt any D1 teams or coaches had written off BG. They are clearly the team to beat. Keep the updates coming, love them. Went to see Salem/Trinity girls. Salem fun to watch. Emily Hickey (Pretty sure that is her first name, my apologies if not) is one of the purest shooters in D1. A second of daylight and she will knock it down.

dadncoach
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 am

I have to admit RamFan, I was really worried when I saw your thread title today because I thought it might have to do with the Mayan calendar and the end of D1 basketball or something like that. What a relief it was just a warning of "Here comes the Lady Cardinals."

Now, that the BG girls are all I have to worry about today.... Well, I can now enjoy the rest of my Mayan calendar day.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum