@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

NH Sports Forum Power Poll

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NH Sports Forum Power Poll Empty NH Sports Forum Power Poll

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 am

We are a small state and already have 2 to 3 polls, but what the heck, I trust the members on the Forum for their opinion. Here is the NH Sports Forum Power Poll. You know who I'm going to vote #1, but I want to hear from our forum members, especially the ones who talked football the last 3 months.... EIR, Vogley, RedFox, Sofaking, Jaf, Bigman, GNG, etc etc etc. If you already vote in a power poll, quite simply you can't vote in OUR Power Poll. You've already had your say.

So Let's go forum members. Vote your Top 10 teams in HS football for NH. Voting ends the night of Nov 24th and the NH Sports forum season ending power poll will be announced Sunday Nov. 25th. Let's see where some REAL fans stand on rankings in NH !!!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

NH Sports Forum Power Poll Empty Re: NH Sports Forum Power Poll

Post  E.I.R. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:00 pm

For me he Top 5 are easy.
1) Winnacunnet - one loss all year and they beat the #2 team (in our minds) head-to-head. With Franzoso I don't think they lose a game all year.
2) Exeter - only loss of the year was a 27-24 decision against Seacoast rival Winnacunnet and the #1 team in the state.
3) I give Bedford and Pinkerton a tie for this spot. Both lost to the top team in their respective divisions, and all 4 games were very competitive. Without a head-to-head I can't give either team sole possession of the #3 spot.
5) Keene - the only team to beat Winnacunnet...but without Franzoso and Coach Auffant and on their home turf (a tough ride for anyone). They lost to Bedford twice and West though so they cannot be ranked higher than 5.
The 6-10 spots require a bit more thought since I did not have the opportunity to see each of the teams play. I'll give it some more thought and post them in a little while.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Put a 2nd poll in later that had more thought to it.

T & F

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Put in another top 10 later that seemed more lucid than this one.)

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Basketball boy wrote:1) Exeter- no doubt about this back to back state title champs you can't beat this.
2)Winnicunet- The way they beat Exeter I give them a lot of respect giving them my 2nd spot on my list
3)Pinkerton-this is an obvious 3rd with latimore next year I'm already making my prediction they win it all next yea
4)Bedford-yes I'm not there biggest fan but I still find them one of the better Teams in the state
5)Manchester central- this is my sleeper team with their quaterback throwing close to 2000 yards they were a very impressive team
6)Keene- they beat Winnicunet that alone is Enough for my list
7)souhegan- I think they are a very very impressive team, yes they are D3 but still a good team in the state
8)Nashua south-solid team enough said
9)Concord- I think next year they have real potential
10)Campbell- I think with their star runningback Josiah wade they have my vote by far even though they are such a low division

I don't think you understand how a Power Poll works. it's not about how they did this and last year, nor how you think they will do next year. It's a mix of how they did this year and how they would compete against other teams in the state if they were to play today.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm

No I put my top ten then gave my feeling about the team, that's my top ten

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Basketball boy wrote:1) Exeter- no doubt about this back to back state title champs you can't beat this.
2)Winnicunet- The way they beat Exeter I give them a lot of respect giving them my 2nd spot on my list
3)Pinkerton-this is an obvious 3rd with latimore next year I'm already making my prediction they win it all next yea
4)Bedford-yes I'm not there biggest fan but I still find them one of the better Teams in the state
5)Manchester central- this is my sleeper team with their quaterback throwing close to 2000 yards they were a very impressive team
6)Keene- they beat Winnicunet that alone is Enough for my list
7)souhegan- I think they are a very very impressive team, yes they are D3 but still a good team in the state
8)Nashua south-solid team enough said
9)Concord- I think next year they have real potential
10)Campbell- I think with their star runningback Josiah wade they have my vote by far even though they are such a low division

You may want to stick to basketball because I'm not sure you know much about football. FWIW: It's "Jesiah" not "Josiah" - I've coached him in basketball and while he is a star at D6 football, he'd be eaten alive in D1/D2. He and Manny used to have some great battles on the hardwood - very fun to watch. Speed wise they're similar, but Manny's been playing longer at a higher level.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

That is the correction on my Computer of the name. He is just as good as manny in most aspects and he would do great in D-1. He would easily be the starting back for teams such as Londonderry.

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Londonderry isn't exactly a top-caliber team. And regardless, having a single player doesn't make a TEAM worthy of being in the Top 10. If one of the D6 teams tried playing in D1 or D2 they would likely go winless or have at most 2 wins (if you drink the GNG punch you start believing Merrimack can't beat anybody).

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 pm

I completely agree the lancers is not a top caliber team, that's why I said he would easily be the starter there

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

"5)Manchester central- this is my sleeper team with their quaterback throwing close to 2000 yards they were a very impressive team"

Basketball Boy

FYI - Central lost to Souhegan and WAS NOT considered a Top 10 team by seasons end. With a 6-5 record and hardly beating any team with a winning record seems to stretch your credibility with this pick, B-ball Boy. You are right about them being a "sleeper" team though. Most pundits would agree that Central slept through the majority of the football season.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Basketball boy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 pm

I'd like to see another quarterback who put up this numbers. Yes they lacked in record but I truly feel they can compete with any team in the state

Basketball boy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Competing and losses are 2 different things. He put up great numbers on a team that went 6 - 5.

Competitive team yes. Overrated team yes. Top 10 team in NH for 2012.... Resounding NO.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

BTW - Getting off topic.

This is a Power Poll thread. Please submit your power polls from here on in. If you want to discuss sleeper teams, teams who slept through the season (Like Central) or wide awake teams then start another thread.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Caparrell, Ford, Luopa, Benjamin, just to name a few. And Central proved all year long that they really were not capable of being competitive against winning teams in the state.

I've thought about it and here's my 6-10 teams and thoughts.

6) Plymouth - didn't have the opportunity to see them play but being the only undefeated team in the state counts for something. They definitely belong somewhere in the Top 10 so why not 6?
7) Souhegan - this is a tough sell with their loss to Goffstown (who eventually lost for the D3 title) but they beat every team in D3 including eventual winner Portsmouth, and I personally think their loss to Goffstown was more a fluke than an accurate representation of their season. Had they played in the championship (here's the IF) I think they would have beaten Portsmouth.
Cool Portsmouth - the D3 winner. This spot and Souhegan will likely be the most controversial in my picks but if they went head to head tomorrow I would pick Souhegan.
9) BG - weaker than in the past but they still had a solid defense, their offense proved that it could score, though not as easily as they did in prior years. Yes they finished 5-5 but all 5 losses are to teams in my Top 5, and BG managed to give Winnacunnet a very tough game in the D2 semi final.
10) South and Goffstown tie for this spot. Compared to previous years South is an average team but would they lose to the lower caliber teams in the state? I doubt it. And Goffstown was a team that coaches always have trouble preparing for, and they did beat my #7 Souhegan in the semifinals.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:45 pm

#1 Winni
They beat Exeter, Bedford twice, BG twice, and Souhegan by a lot when Souhegan's Beliveau was serving a suspension. They lost to Keene in a close game when their #1 back was out and their head coach was notified about his suspension just prior to getting on the bus. That had to have been the fastest thing the NHIAA has ever done (other than of course taking your money at playoff games). Their depth allowed them to beat teams without their #1 back. Even when Bedford held him in check, other players stepped up - that's the key to me. Plus head to head they beat Exeter - I don't care *when* it happened.

#2 Exeter
The beat PA and South twice - the lost a rivalry game to Winni by a close margin. It's a very consistent, solid, and deep program. They held Lattimore mostly in check, but couldn't shut down Franzoso. Grant was held in check by Winni. It's not their fault the rest of D1 was marginal to weak at best.

#3 Bedford
Lost only to Winni - twice. Escaped injury bug during the season for the most part. Would McInerny have made a difference if he could have played this year? Doesn't matter, but that was a "huge" hole to fill. Only team to shut down Franzoso - does anyone believe they wouldn't shut down Lattimore? How tired would he be chasing Bedford receivers all over the field on defense. Bedford has a run *and* pass game which is why I think they rate higher than PA.

#4 PA
And only because I think Bedford would beat them. Since there isn't a head to head you have to use fuzzy logic to attempt to compare the teams. BG was a common opponent and I think Bedford was a better team at least with respect to balance. Against PA if you could neutralize Lattimore, then you had a shot. And damn-it - don't *PUNT* it to him!!!

#5 Keene
Coach Loupa gains a lot of respect with those big brass ones going for two in a semifinal game on your opponents home field. Like Bedford, they had a running and passing attack. They weren't huge on the line, but yet were successful. Unfortunately, when (son) Loupa got hurt the team suffered. They also had the "Cardinal" sin in looking past West to BG. That game was the difference between playing a home playoff game or two and playing on the road. If they beat West, 3 teams would have been 7-1 which goes to crazy tie breakers where I think Keene may have got the #1 nod due to their road record. Bedford played an extra home game this year and that may have cost them in the 3 way tie....

#6 Portsmouth
Resiliency is the key here. Not many teams in HS Football could stand to lose 3 or 4 QB's and have to rely on a wildcat offense. They certainly have to be inside Goffstown's head - it hasn't been close in the last few meetings between the schools. They are the D3 champs and they were deep enough to survive all the injuries.

#7 Plymouth
Yep, 11-0. Check. Play up and challenge your players rather than constantly building your program for the future. Given the overall weakness of D4, I couldn't put them any higher though. Consider that StThomas and Windham were the D5 finalists last year and both moved up to D4 this year and *still* made the playoffs. Still you play the schedule you are given and yes, they won every game out there and should be lauded for that. Do I think they'd beat the teams below them - probably not, but the players should be given the chance to prove that.

#8 (tie) Souhegan/Goffstown
Cannot choose here... If the knock on Goffstown is they don't play defense, well what can you say about Souhegan then? Souhegan gets the regular season 32-27 win, but Goffstown pulls off the 54-53 OT playoff win. Both have dynamic offenses. Kudos to Souhegan for playing Central straight up and *continuing* that game even though it meant nothing in the standings. I wish Goffstown and Keene had chosen to play their game "straight up" rather than "fearing injuries". I'm not sure what kind of message that decision sent to their teams.

#10 Trinity
They did their part on Turkey Day.

Last edited by JAF on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trinity to #10, BG/South off along with Central)

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 pm

1 exeter
2 winnie
3 pinky
4 bedford
5 portsmouth
6 souhegan
7 keene
8 plymouth
9 trinity
10 blank

nobody worthy of my vote.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 pm

1) Winny - I believe they beat Exeter. Now, a lot of people think Exeter would beat Winny if they played this week. I think the almost undefeated Patriots could beat the Giants this week, if we could get all those players back together also.

2) Exeter
3) Pinkerton
4) Bedford
5) Keene
6) Portsmouth
7) Souhegan
Cool Plymouth
9) Goffstown
10) Trinity

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  HS FB Fan 11 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 pm

1. Winni : Except for one game, it’s clear they belong here. That game they were without their HEAD COACH!!!, Fransoso was hurt, and they had to take a huge trip from Hampton to Keene . They also had a tougher schedule than Exeter.

2. Exeter: Only lost to number one. Easy pick!

3. Pinkerton.: Dominated D1 except for Exeter.

4. Bedford: If you could keep their QB in the pocket, you could limit their offense. Easily said; Most teams didn’t do it.

5. Keene: Inconsistent team but clearly better than the rest.

Hugh drop off now (except when Keene is having a bad day). At least a two touchdown difference.
to next team.

6. Plymouth: Not only undefeated but unchallenged by any opponent not called Trinity.

7. B.G. Lost by two TDs in each game against top 5 teams. Don't believe any of the remaining teams is within 2 TDs of the top 5. Beat everyone else handily. Except for extra points (one off the cross bar) they would have been in OT against the #1 one team in the playoffs.

8.Portsmouth: They suffered during the season due to injuries, but finished strong with their QBback. Tough D-line.

9. Trinity: Except for Plymouth and Trinity, Windham was not challeged by any team in D4.
They couldn't compete with either Plymouth or Trinity. They would have been playoff teams in weak D3.

10. Souhegan: Barely beat Alvirne! Alvirne parents felt it was the one team that they should have beaten. Lost to Winni by 34! I saw a lot of D3 this year and thought that D3 was way down this year.

Why not Goffstown? Come on! Six losses in a weak D3! Lost by 27 and 34 to Portsmouth and by 21 to Hollis-Brookline. Also lost to Memorial. Yes, they beat Souhegan by 1, but also lost to them by 5.
Why not South? They were 0-3 against the top five, losing by an average of more the 24 points. Lost to Concord by 17. By the way, except for a loss due to extra points to North, Concord would have been the 3 seed in D1 and in my top 10.

HS FB Fan 11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Sports forum power poll
Basketball boy Today at 19:31

.The way it's looking now I think is
1) winni
2) Exeter
3)pink
4)Bedford
5) Keene
6) Portsmouth
7) souhegan
Plymouth
9) bg
10) goffstown

I put your poll on the existing thread. No need to make a new thread when you can post on an existing one. Make note for future reference.
T & F

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

We have 6 Power polls in for the forum power poll.

Deadline is midnight tonight. Results tomorrow morning. Get your poll in today if you want your vote to count.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Here goes.

1 - Exeter - Instead of looking at one game head-to-head to break ties, I'll go with the "best of 10" theory. In my view, Exeter beats Winnacunnet 6 out of 10 times.
2 - Winnacunnet - No. 2 team in the state by a whisker.
3 - Pinkerton - Solid season, just couldn't get past Exeter.
4 - Bedford - Future looks bright for BHS athletics.
5 - Portsmouth - Dave Haley picks Connor Benjamin (Goffstown) and Tyler Ford (Souhegan) as co-players of the year in D3, and says "Ask opposing coaches who they'd rather avoid facing and it's a good bet the votes would be split down the middle". I say if you ask each D3 coach who they would rather not face, it would be Portsmouth's Rick Holt, my pick for D3 POY, and arguably one of the 2-3 best linemen in the state.
6 - Keene - Beat Winnacunnet. Could be ahead of my homer pick at #5. I think the commenters do a disservice to the Winny coaching staff when they attribute the Keene loss to the absence of the head coach. Missing Franzoso? Perhaps. Missing the coach? No.
7 - Souhegan - Competitive against any team in any division.
8 - BG - Going in the opposite direction of Bedford?
9 - Goffstown - High powered offense, but lack of D was their downfall in the end.
10 - Plymouth - Top 10 in the state? Maybe, maybe not, but gotta give some love to the only unbeaten team in NH.

Last edited by SeacoastDad on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

NH Sports Forum Power Poll Empty SHUFFLE UP AND DEAL

Post  GNG on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 pm

IF even half of the stuff I heard tonite is true,well then boys and girls buckle up.

IT'S GONNA BE A BUMBY RIDE

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodguy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 am

1. Winny -defeated Exeter, Bedford twice and BG twice. NUFF SAID!
2. Exeter
3. Pinky
4. Bedford
5. Portsmouth
6. Keene
7. Plymouth
8. Souhegan
9. BG
10. Trinity

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  jpsnh37 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:09 am

1. Winni head to head beat # 2 regardless of time of year
2. Exeter
3. Bedford best team not to win championship
4. Plymouth only undefeated team, state champion, and no love from anyone in manchester, tv or print and no coverage for championship game from anyone
5. Pinkerton even though the others are public "local" high schools
6. Portsmouth state champion
7. Keene
8. Souhegan
9. Goffstown
10. Trinity see Pinkerton

jpsnh37
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

NH Sports Forum Power Poll Empty Forum members

Post  GNG on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Make sure you watch the radio podcast. Pete took MAJOR exception to T@F's poll. Shocked

Come on Pete, we thought you had a sense of humor. You came off as thin skinned. Reminded me of your ex cohost. Crying or Very sad . For the record Pete I voted Exeter number 1.

While I'm at it you missed he boat with Vailas. This is the question you should have asked him.

Why is one of your son's at a prep school and the other at Bedford after your 2 older son's were at Guertin ? Would have loved to hear Nick try and dance around that one.

Read between the lines on the answer he gave you to the question you did ask him.

KUDOS to the in studio guests though. Great hearing those old dogs.

Thank God you got off the parade talk. clown I came close to changing the dial. I am glad i didn't. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum