New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Alvirne looking for new coach

+5
GNG
SofaKing
coachintheblood
TheDeafPanther07
Tulliver
9 posters

Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Alvirne looking for new coach

Post  Tulliver Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 am

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sports/localsports/982500-457/alvirne-football-coach-resigns.html

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Re: Alvirne looking for new coach

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Have you heard anything about the process? I have applied for this job and haven't heard a thing yet. Wonder if you (or anyone) has?

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  coachintheblood Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm

absolutely nothing other than whats in the paper, good luck to you.

coachintheblood
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:Have you heard anything about the process? I have applied for this job and haven't heard a thing yet. Wonder if you (or anyone) has?

I'm curious, what are your qualifications?

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 pm

I am a young lady, currently an Asst at Nashua South, Co-WR coach. I have on that squad for 8 years, 3 as student manager, the last 6 years as an official coach. I have also coached Freshmen (along with Varsity roles as well) for 5 years and JV for 2 (for games but I work with all of them). I have coached Backfield for Freshmen, asst Varsity o-line/JV O-line coach for 3 years, the last 2 coaching WRs. Also been the Statistician every year. I have coached Boys basketball for South for the last 3 years, as well but my "crowning achievment" is Throwing Coach at South as well. I threw for 2 years and been coaching into my 6th year this year. I have assisted in coaching 2 Boys Javelin State Record Holders and every year I have sent throwers to state finals (along with my colleague as he does more Discus while I am the Javelin person and we both do Shotput).

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SofaKing Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

TheDeafPanther07 wrote:I am a young lady, currently an Asst at Nashua South, Co-WR coach. I have on that squad for 8 years, 3 as student manager, the last 6 years as an official coach. I have also coached Freshmen (along with Varsity roles as well) for 5 years and JV for 2 (for games but I work with all of them). I have coached Backfield for Freshmen, asst Varsity o-line/JV O-line coach for 3 years, the last 2 coaching WRs. Also been the Statistician every year. I have coached Boys basketball for South for the last 3 years, as well but my "crowning achievment" is Throwing Coach at South as well. I threw for 2 years and been coaching into my 6th year this year. I have assisted in coaching 2 Boys Javelin State Record Holders and every year I have sent throwers to state finals (along with my colleague as he does more Discus while I am the Javelin person and we both do Shotput).

Best of luck! Alvirne presents a unique challenge!

SofaKing
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty All I want for Christmas

Post  GNG Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:14 am

Is for a sports reporter from the Telegraph to do a followup story on the absence of the Merrimack football coach at the Turkey Day game.

I know the story is not the usual fluff piece that they write, but they owe us that story. Crying or Very sad No

Is he still the football coach at Merrimack, or has he been dismissed?

This so called mystery has been hanging out there for close to a month. In that time the Telegraph has told us about the new girls hoop coach at Merrimack. The new baseball coach at Merrimack. Even the new lacrosse coach at Merrimack. Jeez Loiuse, they tell us all the stuff about Merrimack coaches except the ONE STORY they should be telling us. scratch

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 am

GNG, I am one of the basketball Scouts for Nashua South and I am going to a game tomorrow and I am going to see if I can find my buddy, Gary Fitz. Hopefully at either Merrimack or Alvirne, hopefully. I am going to find out which game he is at. I wanna know whats going on at Merrimack.

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks deafpanther.

You find anything out, please let us know. sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty I have a new farorite football team .

Post  GNG Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 am

IT'S OFFICIAL . PHILLIPS is the new Alvirne football coach. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In my opinion this is the 2nd biggest blunder in Brother Marc's reign. Letting a coach of this caliber slip across the river. No No No No No

How TICKED off are the alumni this morning? The ones I know that like football are ETO. {extremely ticked off]

BG football USED to be a POWERHOUSE . Now it's just a house. By the end of next season it will be a trailer. No

The good news is I don't have to go on a diet. I am told I look slimmer in maroon. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wait until Pete and Dave get him on their radio show. He is very much like yours truly. ONE OF A KIND. cherry cheers pirat alien Cool Twisted Evil Very Happy

I won't be critisizing BG football any longer. They have dug their own grave. I will be to busy watching a coach and his staff {many of the old BG coaches} retool, rebuild, and ressurect a program that was a division 3 joke. Nowhere to go but up.

I will make this prediction. I don't know how many games he will win in season one, but he will beat BG. That is gonna be a fun one. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I will also make this prediction. No team in NH will be in better shape. Those poor kids at ALVIRNE have no clue what they are in for. Many will quit, but the ones that remain wil be tough,strong, and in the best shape of their lives.

Once again THE NH SPORTS FORUM breaks the story first. king This is why people click on this site first thing every morning.

I am so pumped I have a hs football team to pull for again. sunny

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeafPanther07 Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 am

GNG, I know you are a huge Phillips fan but if I get either the Merrimack or Salem job...you gonna follow me too?? I would love for you to critize me!

TheDeafPanther07
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Deafpanther

Post  GNG Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm

I would NEVER critisize you. Only praise for you, only praise. Very Happy

Tom King has verified what forum members knew first thing this morning. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

GNG, are you at least going to give the Telegraph credit for at least breaking a story sooner than their usual 1 or 2 month time frame? Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Credit given.

Post  GNG Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Not a bad article either.

The AD knows what she is getting. Great move by her.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Hudson just became Relevant

Post  MaxSportsNH Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:06 am

Figured I would check in with the winter happenings of my east coasters.

GNG has it pretty right, Alvirine Football has just got a diamond.

My son played for Coach Phillips for 3 years and while he was quick to state how tough he was
, in the same breath he always stated his great respect for all he did for the kids. He's a football coach and no matter what anyone states , he teaches the game in an old school "in your face" style.

One if the greatest things I recall from our days was his frankness, He told the kids when they sucked and showed them HOW to fix it. he also gave praise when things were done correctly or above ability. Thats a GREAT coach.

It will be very interesting to see what happens over the next 2 years over at Lund Road, Those of us that went thru the debacle 2 years ago recall and state firmly that the BOYS won the ship despite the coaching, and last year was the proof of that. the old BG motto of "Success Recruits"
is being tested on the football side of life, it will be second sport athletes(Lax) playing for BG if things dont go well this upcoming season.

Now GNG , whats going on in Merrimack....? who is going to get the Nod..... Ive heard its your
favorite Asst coach of all time up for the position....

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Your pulling my leg

Post  GNG Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

NO way that happens.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty I hope I am pulling your Leg.....

Post  MaxSportsNH Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm

But I am NOT, that was word on street that he put in for position along with the other assistant.

If they dont do a complete cleansing of that entire staff, nothing will change.....

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better choice of words please)

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Maxsports - To bad your in Zona. You would look good in Maroon. I don't know if you read it but he is putting the band back together. He has just about all of the old BG coaches. Should be fun watching him put together a program.

AS FOR THE OTHER THING - There has to be more then 2 candidates.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Sometimes it pays to be where it doesnt snow....

Post  MaxSportsNH Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

I did hear about the band getting back together and my boy and wife both said "Well we know what you would have been doing next season if you were there !!"

I would have begged Coach phillips for opportunity to help the cause.... and smack Lund Road....

as far as the HC situation in the homeland, I really hope they make a bold choice and try something new and fresh, I have to believe there a few good names in the hat....

I tried to tell Phillips about that job, and the raw, pure talent sitting there waiting for guidance.....

The incoming Freshman class there is a POWERHOUSE.. and the upper class has some players, they could contend next year if if if changes are made....

Too many open jobs out there to consider for the good guys.

Gimme a ring some time brother.

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Alvirne looking for new coach Empty Telegraph article today.

Post  GNG Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 am

Phillips and Alvirne football.

Soon all of you will see what I have known for a long time.

Great coaching staff + enthusiasm + athletes + HARD WORK will equal success in NH high school football.

How long will it take to turn a division 3 doormat and turn them into a division one powerhouse? Not as long as many of you think it will take. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Thereport Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

While I agree that Alvirne will improve drastically (No where to go but up, let's be honest) I believe Phillips may be kidding himself if he thinks that only in Hudson are the weight room numbers that strong, as he suggests in the Telegraph article.

But Exeter, Pinkerton, Nashua South and Manchester Central will all get their chance to welcome Alvirne soon enough. From the sounds of our friend GNG, they'll play South in the D1 West Conference finals, Exeter/Central in the D1 semis and Pinkerton in the D1 finals. Because Phillips is back baby!

(Back in the saddle againnnnn)

In all seriousness though, I hope they do well. I just think predictions of being a powerhouse are a little premature.

Thereport
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  guillerma Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 am

Huge pickup for Alvirne. Phillips and his staff will get that program going.Hoping the new beautiful football shirts templates.I wish him well.

guillerma
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down