New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

So let it be written , so let it be done.

+4
bumper
Tuesday and Friday
REDFOXFAN
GNG
8 posters

Go down

So let it be written , so let it be done. Empty So let it be written , so let it be done.

Post  GNG Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm

This is what it is going to look like when the season is over.

1 EXETER
2 BEDFORD
3 PINKERTON
4 KEENE
5 WINNIE
6 GOFFSTOWN
7 SOUHEGAN
8 BG
9 CENTRAL
10 CONCORD

People are sleeping on GTOWN and that horse of a QB.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

So let it be written , so let it be done. Empty Re: So let it be written , so let it be done.

Post  REDFOXFAN Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:05 pm

HAIL HAIL to GNG

I sopke with Steve Hall who officiated Goffstown this year.

He said that QB from Gtown might be the best in NH.

REDFOXFAN
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

So let it be written , so let it be done. Empty Re: So let it be written , so let it be done.

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 am

With the Ten Commandments/ Yul Brynner reference being made on this thread I see a visual of GNG being lead into Stellos Stadium on an elephant, wearing a robe and holding a scepter. HS football fans from a far stand applauding how remarkable his final poll comes to fruition from early October. Marc Thaler lays rose petals in front of GNG's ride, fans down GNG to keep him cool from the warm November sun and feeds him grapes while filling up his rock glass with a bottomless concoction of Rum n Coke.

Of course, Jeremy writes a 1000 word article on NH Notebook covering GNG's coronation, while Dave Haley shakes his head looking forward to HS basketball season and the BG-Bedford season opener matching Migs against Fitzy.

farao farao farao farao farao

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  bumper Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm

GNG,

I like your final rankings with one exception. Goffstown? Yes, Benjamin may be the best running QB in the state but he is a tailback playing QB. He is a good thrower not great. There are at least five better passers than he is. But most importantly, Goffstown can not play defense. To beat Souhegan, Portsmouth, or Milford he will have to score 40 and all of these teams can play defense.

Goff just can't mach these teams upfront.

Look at the Portsmouth score against Goff. 56 -22. The last td was against Portsmouth JV's. If they are going to get to where you have them ranked in the end he will have to do it by himself.

He will also have to play on the defensive side of the ball.

bumper
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  REDFOXFAN Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Bumper.................who do you think is the best QB or has the best are?

REDFOXFAN
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Ah more power polls. You know we could create an OFFICIAL NHSportsForum PowerPoll voted on by the most active (only?) members....it could be done. There's room for 3? Right?

James Caparell is the best QB in the State. Not only has Caparell thrown for 1,200 yards, 16 TDs and only 2 picks he's also ran for over 400 yards and 5 TDs. His completion percentage is higher than Benjamin's too.

Connor Benjamin is a really good runner...but he's not in the same league as Caparel, Knight or Cote. Not really even close, and he plays weaker competition.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I agree with EBless on the QB analysis.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Leveille Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Eliot, I agree with you. Caparell is the best QB in the state right now.Great arm strength, accuracy, makesgood decisions and is making plays with his legs as well as his arm. Has really stepped up his game this year and is a leader on that team. benjamin is more of a RB than a QB, he'll be a RB in college. Luopa is a dangerous player too but his height hurts him a little bit, being able to see over tall linemen. You really need to be atleast 6 feet to play QB at next level. Doug Flutie is the exception there but he's a million. Cote is the next best QB after Caparell. It's close, but Caparell is more mobile and decision making slightly better.

Jeremy Leveille
All-State
All-State

http://www.nhnotebook.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm

I have Bedford winning division 2 so obviously I like their QB.

My point was gtown is nowhere to be found in the polls and I think their qb will lead them to the d3 title.

Bumper, I hear what your saying but I am sticking with Gtown.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  REDFOXFAN Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 pm

I have seen Caparell twice now and he is a very good QB with a good group of targets.
Pretty quick moving around the pocket with a nice arm that can thread the needle when he
has to.

GNG.... I have herd several people share your thoughts on the Goffstown kid but I have
not seen him.

I have seen Cote as well and I think Caparell is much better.

REDFOXFAN
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  E.I.R. Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I'd agree about the Bedford QB. BG actually managed to put a decent amount of pressure on him, despite a lack of, in my opinion, a good pass rusher, but he managed to elude contact and make smart choices. It didn't help this week that BG kept leaving his dump pass open for when he got into trouble. I think on the other side of the field, that BG's Hurley continues to look better and better (to those thinking I endorse him as one of the elite NH QBs, I don't, I'm just saying the past few weeks he has been MUCH improved).
JAF asked on the other thread if you really can justify keeping Hurley at QB instead of Bilodeau because of the injury. If I was Travis Cote, I'd keep Hurley where he is, since he's started getting into a rhythm, and because I think Bilodeau could be used to help out your depth issues. He wasn't slated to be the QB until Vailas left anyways, so clearly he had a different use before that (I believe he played TE/DE?). I'd have him go back to DE, because I think a kid with his size, strength, and athleticism could become a pass rusher, which BG is desperately going to need when they play Keene (who runs the same spread-style offense as Bedford) and for a playoff game against either Bedford or Keene.

E.I.R.
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 am

Bilodeau is a warrior that plays with something I love. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

I love a qb with heart.

If he goes back to QB, then I have to reevealuate BG'S chances.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

So let it be written , so let it be done. Empty I wonder

Post  GNG Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 am

if the pollsters are gonna put GTOWN in the top ten this week.

By the way anyone notice the sick numbers the qb put up against Alvirne?

He had a heck of a game all in the 1st quarter.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 pm

So, does this make Benjamin the Tim Tebow of NH quarterbacks?

Does he Benjamin in the end zone when he scores yet another TD?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

So let it be written , so let it be done. Empty ZERO win Merrimack's next 4 foes.

Post  GNG Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 am

Dover- the best one win team in the state. I would wager they will take out some frustration on the woeful Tomahawks. 42-6, sounds about right.

Winnie- That coach loves to put up points. 49-6, sounds about right.

Bedford- another coach who isn't shy with his offense. 55-6, sounds about right.

Souhegan- I know the Souhegan coach might feel sorry for his former coach. 35-12 , sounds about right.

0-11, sounds about right.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum