New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

You heard it hear first.

+6
Tuesday and Friday
SeacoastDad
rwvogeley
JAF
JustinMcIsaac
GNG
10 posters

Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty You heard it hear first.

Post  GNG Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 am

Division 2 will be the best division in NH from top to bottom.

Bedford will play Keene in the finals.

BG will not make the playoffs.QB Bilodeau {great kid} out with a broken finger.

Neither will Spaulding. How did they let their coach getaway? Sad

Winnie finishes 3rd and Dover 4th.

Dave Haley's prediction of Merrimack as a darkhorse will go down as his worst prediction. EVER. Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty Re: You heard it hear first.

Post  JustinMcIsaac Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:40 am

GNG wrote: Division 2 will be the best division in NH from top to bottom.

Dave Haley's prediction of Merrimack as a darkhorse will go down as his worst prediction. EVER. Very Happy

IIRC, Coach Fontaine was going to retire, and came back to Coach last year as a favor. Their current coach, Claude Gagnon, was the OC and when Spaulding took off, it was when Gagnon took over the play calling. So they won't lose much in terms of continuity. They also dominated South last night in the first half, shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers.

I like the entire division as well, I hope Dover is able stay healthy with their low numbers. I'll be interested to see how Bedford does, and I can't speak to Keene, having not seen them. I find it hard to believe that BG won't be in the mix, injured QB or not, although I do defer to your BG knowledge, GNG Very Happy

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 am

Careful not to take GNG's predictions too seriously especially early in the morning when he's hopped on on coffee before a big game.... bounce bounce bounce

I will agree that Keene "should" be a good team with the talent they have at QB and RB as should Winnacunnet. Bedford crushing Milford doesn't say much as Milford thrives in grind it out football, while Bedford is going to live on the arm of their QB. Merrimack losing to Con-Val last night - um what's up with that! It's really too bad about Bilodeau - he worked really hard to get that position. Parents in the that group that I talk to will tell me he was better than the heir apparent all through Frosh and JV ball (and not just his parents Very Happy). I'm sure he'll be back during this season. It's a tendon injury and not a break. I believe the injury initially happened in the Central scrimmage on a follow through on a pass and got reinjured in the Jamboree. I wouldn't expect BG to show much against PA today - similar to the Jamboree - it'll be lots of basic offensive sets/plays.

Unlike recent seasons - it seems coaches are going to allow their strong arm QB's air it out - that ought to make for some entertaining and high scoring football. I think in HS ball if you have a QB that can pass, receivers that can catch, and a coach that will call it, then you should be able to win most of your games as long as you can play defense. Central's dynamic duo is impressive - two big strong kids - they will be tough and Central could win a few tight ball games on the last play of the game a hail mary...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty GNG

Post  rwvogeley Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 am

Not picking BG Stop the presses. Is there something wrong like maybe the Jade being closed for renovations Jumping all over Merrimack, could you be hoping for a coaching change with a call to the bullpen in say....Worcester???? Just saying..

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty RW

Post  GNG Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 am

The jade is fine thank you. My wife is in Maine for a few days and I had to eat something last night so I ventured over to the Jade for a 6 hour dinner. Twisted Evil

This was pointed out to me last night.

Last year in hoops PLAYER OF THE YEAR- Gendron and the MACK wins the ship.

Baseball- PLAYER OF THE YEAR- Hudon and MTOWN loses in the finals in extra innings.

Football- PLAYER OF THE YEAR- King and Merrimack doesn't even sniff the playoffs.

Just saying...

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  rwvogeley Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:21 am

Merrimack girls lacrosse and volleyball had
great years. I still findit hard to believe that Keene will be in the finals for D2 football. winnac and Dover will have a lot to say about it.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 pm

The Keene quarterback (Luopa) rolled his ankle at the end of the third quarter and sat out the rest of the game. Keene had a big lead at that point, so he might have been sitting out anyway.

Funny line in the Keene Sentinel writeup: "The cheerleaders, who wore neon green T-shirts, switched from pushups-per-point to jumping jacks when Keene went up 22-0. Later, with the score 36-7, fans chanted, “We want pushups!”

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Yea, you could call Mr Haley's dark horse choice in D2 football Midnight Black.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty re:

Post  MaxSportsNH Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:16 pm

GNG wrote: Division 2 will be the best division in NH from top to bottom.

once again GNG is back for another year of "D2 Insight"

Not sure hes off base, but counting Guertin out of playoff contention in week one is a tough call. With the
Offense BG runs, (often referred to in our home as the "Winged Travesty" ) they will score alot againt crap teams
and little against good ones. I've heard that D2 will not see Boykin on a football field this year so there are some questions but Id expect BG defense to be as pretty strong. On a side note just checked the schedule, No Catholic Memorial game this season, they have a BYE !!!! a BYE !!!!

Dover, Bedford, Winny are the teams I am watching to see where they fall into the mix.

Spaulding is a ?? but if they are anywhere near last year at seasons end they could get in.

Merrimack??? well Dark Horse, Chocolate Turd, or just plain bad? I read early on a quote from Battista that merrimack "might sneak up on people because you cant name 3 players on his roster" , yes that likely true except there are some players on the roster (AGAIN). I actually thought this could be the year that Merrimack beats BG and gets into the race. After hearing they lost to Con-Val? I wonder. is this another group of kids that grew up as champions and cant compete at the next level ?

GNG , Who Loves ya BABY..............

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Yea and I have good information that all information coming out of the BG football camp concerning players is what one might refer to as:

Belichick-ian

Just saying.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 am

Windham will do to Salem what Bedford did to West.

Gati knew when to get out of Dodge.

I am still not buying West. Remember the team they beat was in division 4 last season.

This is going to be the season of the great QB'S.

Keene,Trinity,and Central has one. Bedford too. Goffstown, yep. That's a pretty good 5, and I am sure there are plenty more.

I hope everyone appreciates Billy Ball. Class act.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 am

The West situation could and should be taken care of by the Manchester school board and redistricting, but it won't. Whichever town is next up to renew their contract to send their HS students to Manchester is going to end up at West. Seems Auburn saw the writing on the wall and went to Pinkerton... Salem loses a lot of athletes from Windham (much like Alvirne lost athletes from Litchfield), but they'll certainly fare better than West. Could you imagine the offense they are running this year (spread, no huddle) with the team they had a couple years ago with Cannone at QB, Lorenz at TE, Federick at WR, and Jacques at RB - whoa!

As good as PA's D was the other day, they will be really tested this week vs. Exeter. BG didn't get much outside, but was able to block inside and get some good gains. Against that straight T - that defense will be challenged....Those inside players are > 300 lbs, so weather will play a factor... If you look at the numbers BG's (anemic) O outgained PA's (vaunted) O and BG didn't have their speedster in the game. BG did this with their backup QB, so all is not lost, but I do agree against a good D they will struggle. Holding onto the pigskin will also be a must.

I see the Central QB likes to tweet quite a bit and he isn't shy with his opinions of self and others. It sure was fun to watch him connect with his WR though - that ought to be a tough matchup all year for *any* team. Who out there has a strong 6'+ DB/Safety? The Central D was sliced and diced by Goffstown, so his O production had better be able to outpace the points the D will give up.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 am

Totally agree on the downhill slide for Salem football because of Windham High. Jack Gati did retire at the right time. For Salem basketball it is a different story because you don't need the same athletic numbers in basketball that you do in football. Given this factor I expected Salem to slip the last couple of years in basketball because of the opening of Windham High. Salem hung pretty tough in basketball the last couple of years with their football/basketball players and the emergence of Slepian last season. McLaughlin is an outstanding coach and I expect Salem to be competitive in basketball for the next few years. I don't think Salem's football team will have the same outcome.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 am

OMG, the MSD will NEVER redistrict West. The MSD has their hands full with the new budget, laying off 161 employees from last year and having 35 to 42 students in a classroom. One of Manchester's middle schools has 70 kids in a gym class. Some of Manchester's classrooms are against fire code with regards to student/square footage ratio. Manchester has their hands full and the redistricting of West is not even close to their hands.

Auburn did see the writing on the wall a couple of years ago and voted to send their students to Pinkerton instead of Memorial. Good choice for the town of Auburn because the residents saw how inept the political powers of Manchester are with regards to decisions made with the MSD.

Memorial will be the next Manchester school going down the athletic drain due to losing students from another town. Memorial's girls basketball and boys baseball will be the biggest losers in the near future. Auburn athletes have been a big part of the success of these 2 teams the last few years. 2 years ago 3 out of the 5 starters on the top 4 ranked Memorial girls basketball team were from Auburn. You might have seen the recent article in the UL which talked about Fitzy stepping down from the Memorial boys coaching position. John Habib stated Jack Quirk, the Memorial girls coach, is interested in the boys position. Habib said Quirk is the "clear choice." In this instance one plus one just might equal 2.

Check out the scores of the Memorial fall girls teams this season. It's not pretty because of the loss of the Auburn girl athletes. It will get worse before it gets better at 1 Crusader Way.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  rwvogeley Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Bedford is in the process of doing to your green and gold also. With two good coachs at Bedford for football and hoops I think the pipeline has dried up to Lund Street for boys athletics. I think the job that windham is interesting. You see familiar names on the Windham roster that are the younger brothers of those that played at Salem. They are creating their own history which is great.
Speaking of Salem, I agree Coach Gatti did a great job there, but why did he partition to stay in D1 when he knew he was leaving??????

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty Chase Distacio

Post  GNG Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Former Merrimack stud athlete now playing for TCU.

Never made all state playing for Bautista and Merrimack, but now on TCU.

I rest my case about this coach.

No coach in NH does less with more.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:35 pm

For you long time forum members Chase was the "kid that got away". I tried hard to get him to BG with the other Merrimack boys.

He was the kid I wrote about all the time that I thought was every bit as good as Cuips but never got a shot to be qb cuz his dad wasn't coaching. He was a WR on a team that NEVER threw the ball. I know his parents very well and the LONG 4 YEARS they endured at Merrimack. To hear this great news, to do this DESPITE how questionable his high school coach was is truly a great LABOR DAY story.

WAY TO GO CHASE.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted more political adjective describing coach)

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:52 pm

OK, so how many players from NH have played or walked on at a D1 football program in the last 5 years? Not many I assure you. I'm not talking about prep school players either. They live in some other state and then come to prep school in NH..... Doesn't count in my book.

Good call GNG. You scored a touchdown on this one.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm

It's a ten year contract for sending towns and I don't think West is going to gain from that anytime soon. In addition, Hooksett (the only sizable sending district at this time) often keeps their eyes out for other schools to send kids to.

Let's face it - with population "bubbles" the way they are - when Hooksett comes due they may easily find a town like Bow willing to "take them in" - or another district. Hell, depending what the state does with Capital funding by that time - it could end up being possible to BUILD a Hooksett High.

I don't see West coming back - I know that sounds cynical, but if MST takes off as another 4 yr school - well.... are they really going to spread students out throughout those schools?

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Good point Tully. The Hooksett situation is the next 800 pound gorilla for the MSD. For the most part the west side of Hooksett goes to West and the east side of Hooksett goes to Central. Of course a certain few Hooksett students make their way to..... Ahem..... Pembroke Academy. If Hooksett votes to go to Bow or some other town for their high school, then there will be further erosion of academics and athletics for Manchester schools.

The absurdity of Manchester is after Mayor Gatsas cuts 161 employees of the MSD, MIllions of dollars from the budget and stacks students deep in the classrooms ( some classes with 35 to 43 students), he has the temerity to tell the teachers to "make it work."

If the political powers of Manchester keep on macerating the MSD the athletic teams in Manchester will weaken severely over the next 5 years.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

You heard it hear first. Empty re: Chase D

Post  MaxSportsNH Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

GNG wrote: Former Merrimack stud athlete now playing for TCU.

Never made all state playing for Bautista and Merrimack, but now on TCU.

I rest my case about this coach.

No coach in NH does less with more.

Chase is a great Kid, who ALWAYS had a smile and only reply was "yes Coach" no matter what. Class act who deserves the opportunity hes getting down in hornfrog Country. Great family too.

Man it certainly would have been great if he was part of the Mack Horseman that did the Lund Rd Commute.

MaxSportsNH
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  HaleyNHsports Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Jesus I'm getting hammered...I need to check this forum more often.

Dark horse is a relative term, I traded emails with Coach Batista and there must have been guilt over never connecting. Worst of all-time might be a stretch...I picked Laconia #2 and they got run out of town...that might be the worst although I'm not giving up on them after one game. Like my Mascoma pick..no one had that one...

HaleyNHsports
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm

you got that right Dave.

By the way I sent you a private message on March 14th you might want to check it out.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:27 pm

By the way Dave, the "Born On" date of my PM to you was 3 /14/12.

The expiration date is 9/14/12.

PMs can only stay fresh for so long on the Forum. What the heck. We're you busy checking to see if you made it into the top 10 scorers for the Portsmouth men's summer basketball league?? scratch scratch

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodguy Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Look out for Winny. They look good up front on offense and defense. With plenty of time Viesna should be able to find his receivers and if healthy their running game is top notch.

Goodguy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum