New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year

2 posters

Go down

WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year Empty WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year

Post  sportstalkmatt Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi folks,

This is Matt Perrault from WGAM 'The Game'. I'm the host of The Home Team with Matt Perrault but I'm also the General Manager of Absolute Broacasting - which includes WGAM 1250/900 AM and WSMN 1590 in Nashua.

We are so excited to announce that WGAM will be THE place for all your high school football coverage in Manchester and Nashua this coming season. NO ONE will touch our coverage with FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

First, staring this week ... On WSMN 1590 and on our WGAM 'The Game' FREE SMART PHONE APP (do you have that yet?) - we will start our high school game day coverage at 7 pm and going until midnight. The Red Sox will be on WGAM most Friday nights in September, so make sure you have the FREE app ready to go or listen to 1590. Once the Sox game ends, WGAM will join in. We have will have up to 10 GAMES covered per week with correspondents calling in with updates! There isn't anyone in the state doing something this big!

We will have live interviews post game with coaches and players as well. This is a huge focus of our fall and we are so excited for it. Chris Deturk will be live in studio hosting with SEVERAL other voices on with him throughout the night. Once the Sox are over - we go live on WGAM 1250/900 AM. All-in-all....We will have 7 to MIDNIGHT coverage of football games every Friday night ....

Then on Saturdays on WGAM 'The Game', we go from 7 a to 9 am with Sean Sendall and Chris Shuker taking your phones calls about all the action from the previous night. Coaches interviews, game recaps from our correspondents, and exclusive news all will be heard live on WGAM 'The Game".

Want more? How about PXP of EVERY Bishop Guertin Football game! WSMN 1590 will carry every game this fall of the Cardinals with Sendall and Shuker calling all the action. We will even check in on live game action during Friday Night Lights when there is a big moment happening....

Plus - coming this week - the WGAM "The Game/Nashua Telegraph High School Football Power Poll will be out featuring WGAM and Telegraph writers and personalities voting. Be on the look-out for that!

NO ONE will touch what we will do this year!! Make sure you have the WGAM "The Game" app downloaded this season so you can keep up with all the action - all season long!!

sportstalkmatt
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year Empty Re: WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 am

Welcome to the Forum Matt...shameless plugs are certainly encouraged (hellllooo NHSportsPage.com)!

I like that we have some friendly competition in the media world here, obviously our affiliation with NHSportsPage.com and the power poll WGIR does with the Union Leader will be an interesting comparison with the new WGAM/Telegraph poll.

Nice to hear WGAM will be doing some live broadcasting of NHIAA Football and I'm sure Hoops to follow. The more local sports we can get out there the better for us fans! Hope to hear your thoughts post-game on the forum this year!

So to your claim that "NO ONE" will touch your coverage of Friday Night Lings, and that WGAM is "THE" place for all your HS football coverage, well, I will just say that opinion is certainly yours to voice here, but we at NHSportspage will be covering the entire state, border to border, night to night and will challenge that claim season to season!

Looking forward to a great year!
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year Empty Re: WGAM Friday Night Lights coverage this year

Post  sportstalkmatt Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 am

Competition is a great thing but I'm talking about radio.. this is a website right? If someone is doing 5 hours on Friday Night, covering 10 games live, on 2 radio stations plus a smart phone app and 2 hours on Saturday to recap ... then I will take back my statement. Thanks for letting me post here.

sportstalkmatt
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 am

You guys are certainly stepping it up a notch - which is awesome for NH HS Sports. Looking forward to your coverage.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstalkmatt Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 pm

As the only 24-hour sports station in Manchester ... we are actually just doing what we are supposed to be doing ...Heck, on Fridays, we will have local sports coverage from 12 noon to 12 midnight. Thanks for the kind words. Should be a fun season.

sportstalkmatt
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm

You guys have historically had a lot of National/Boston type of sports coverage. The more real, local, HS sports that can be done the better. Would love to hear some live HS football/hoops on your parent station. 1590 coverage is kinda spotty.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstalkmatt Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 pm

What's our parent station? You mean WGAM "The Game" ?

We have a nightly NH sports show from 6 p to 7 p every night called "NH Sports Central". FNL is on WGAM on Friday nights as long as the Red Sox aren't playing ... which will be for select September nights only. We do more college/pro for PxP - that's true. We are the home of St. A's basketball and Merrimack College Hockey this fall/winter.

sportstalkmatt
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down