@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Other NH Prep Players going big time

Go down

Other NH Prep Players going big time Empty Other NH Prep Players going big time

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 am

There's a ton of talent coming through NH, so I thought I'd do a post up of some of the elite D-I level players who are currently NH Prep School rosters.

2012 was a special year for players graduating from NH Prep School, from Brewster alone they will graduate 6 players from their 2012 National Prep School Championship team.

• Semaj Christon, PG - Xavier
  • Jalen Reynolds, F - Xavier
  • Jakarr Sampson G/F - St. Johns
  • Aaron Thomas, G - Florida State
  • TJ Warren, F - NC State
  • Mitch McGary, F - Michigan

Not to mention Nerlens Noel from the Tilton School who's one of the top players in the country, recently committing to the National Champion Kentucky Wildcats.

Here's a couple of guys to keep your eye on over the next year or 2.

Goodluck Okonoboh, F, Tilton School, 6'9", 210 lbs, 2013 - How about going against the #1 ranked player in the 2012 class Nerlens Noel everyday in practice. He's a Boston native who's been slowly creeping up the ranks and now has widdled his list down to Minnesota, PITT, Providence and Syracuse, all of whom have made offers. With a year without Noel and Georges Niang (Iowa State) to share playing time with, he could really become a star for the Rams.

Noah Vonleh, PF, New Hampton, 6'8", 190 lbs, 2014 - I started a thread earlier in the week on Noah, he's the #2 rated player in his class by Rivals, a 5 star recruit. He's a stud, no doubt about it. He's got offers from over 10 D-I schools including Arizona, Florida, Kansas, UNC, Ohio State, PITT, Syracuse and UCLA. Wow. There's speculation he could reclassify up a year to the 2013 class depending on the situation and available playing time, but that's somewhat of a long shot. It will be interesting to watch his recruitment play out.

Wayne Seldon, F, Tilton School, 6'4", 200 lbs, 2014 - Another top tier guy, ranked #13 in the country by Rivals. He's a much more physical player than Vonleh but not as polished. Originally from Boston he should be one of the top players for Tilton this season. He's also getting serious looks by the big time programs with confirmed scholarship offers from BC, UCONN, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Syracuse and Virginia amongst others.

Jared Terrell, G, New Hampton, 6'3", 185, 2014 - Terrell is a kid out of Weymouth, MA who adds the outside touch that plays well off Vonleh. New Hampton has something special brewing up I-93 with these two top 50 players. Terrell checks in around #30 in the country according to Rivals but there's a good chance he moves up. He's got offers in from BC, Cincinnati, Providence, Rutgers and Virginia Tech.

There are certainly other really good players out there like Chris Braley from Phillips Exeter, Harrison Taggert of St. Pauls School and Devin Gilligan up at Kimball Academy, but these guys are not receiving national attention just yet. There's also the good possibility that most of these programs will add players for the coming school year, so I'll continue to keep tabs on national scene at the Prep level.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Other NH Prep Players going big time Empty Re: Other NH Prep Players going big time

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 am

I've mentioned Kentucky bound soon-to-be Tilton graduate Nerlens Noel above, and this morning an interesting article came out in the NYTimes regarding his situation. There have been a lot of raised eyebrows in regards to Noel's personal affiliates and as you'll read in the article, the NCAA has taken notice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/sports/basketball/nerlens-noel-kentucky-recruit-attracts-ncaa-inquiry.html?_r=1&ref=sports

The Tilton School even went so far as to bar one of these individuals from their campus:

A person who has been briefed on the N.C.A.A.’s inquiry said the topics officials were planning on inquiring about included Noel’s relationship with Chris Driscoll, a former Providence assistant who is close to Noel. Driscoll was barred this year from campus at the Tilton School, the New Hampshire boarding school where Noel has spent the past two years and is completing his final year of high school.

Tilton officials expressed concern earlier this year that Driscoll did not have Noel’s best interests at heart. Driscoll has denied the allegation, and he did not return a call seeking comment.

This type of situation seems to be par for the course for Calipari at Kentucky. He's obviously not afraid of a situation with a little dirt on the exterior.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum