@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D2 Boy's Championship

Go down

D2 Boy's Championship Empty D2 Boy's Championship

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm

I think we have a fascinating matchup for the D2 Championship. You have Portsmouth with one of the best backcourts in D2 going against Bedford with one of the best frontcourts in D2. It will be very interesting how both teams use their strengths and try to limit their weaknesses being exposed by the other team. A great contrast in basketball styles should make for a great game.

I'll let SeacoastDad, Bigman44 and other D2 experts take over from here. I saw 4 D2 games this year, so I'll yield to the more informative D2 hoop guys for discussion on what should be an intriguing Bedford - Portsmouth game.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

D2 Boy's Championship Empty Re: D2 Boy's Championship

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I only saw Bedford play once this year, and that was against Hanover- frankly, I thought Bedford should've run Hanover out of the gym, but they were a turnover machine in the 2nd half. Portsmouth defiantly has better guards, while Bedford has better bigs, but Portsmouth's bigs are closer to Bedford than Bedford's guards are to Portsmouth (if that make any sense).

The game will hinge on Beford's guards ability to handle pressure from Lane and Walker. I think Portsmouth has enough skilled forwards with enough fouls to contain the front line. I'm a seacoast homer of course, so I'm taking Portsmouth, 68-60 .

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:33 am

I like Justin's way of thinking, but here's a stat for you: Class I (now Division 2) was created in 1964. In the 48 years of championship games, the losing team has scored 60 or more points just 5 times, with that last time being in 1993. Call it the Lundholm Effect. So, while I like your pick, I'll take 10 points off each team. Portsmouth 58-50.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  nhhoopsguy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:09 am

I will take Portsmouth winning 63-45!

nhhoopsguy
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Walker had a great game in leading Portsmouth to the Ship. He out scoted the Bedford team for nearly 3 quarters. POrtsmouth's defense forced Bedford to commit at least 20 turnovers.

Congrats to the Clippers.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Portsmouth 58, Bedford 33. I had the Portsmouth score correct, but was way off on the Bedford score. Portsmouth's backcourt defensive pressure was stifling, forcing many turnovers and not allowing passes down low to Bedford's big men. After a subpar performance in the semi-finals, Kamahl Walker was dominant with 20+ points and minimal turnovers.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 pm

This was a dominating performance from start to finish. It was the game I thought Portsmouth was capable of playing, but didn't think it would against the size of Bedford. Talked to Kamahl Walker before the game, he had that look in his eye, and said something to the effect of "I'm feeling it- I'm all good". As bad as he was Wednesday night, he was just as good today.

At one point in the 3rd, PHS was out scoring Bedford 16-2 in the period. The Clippers forced the Bulldogs into 29 turnovers, and had at least 20 points off of turnovers (Thanks for putting stat screens in this year, UNH!).

Bedford has a young team, and when they got down by 10 or 12 in the 2nd, they seemed to panic. They'll be back for sure, McManus is just a Soph, and they have a bunch of young players.

But on this day, there isn't a team in NH that would've beaten Portsmouth. Although, I'm probably biased since one of the parents made this for me:

D2 Boy's Championship Big_he11

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Could Justin be on his way to Iconic status in NH high school basketball?

cheers cheers cheers

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum