@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Boy's DII Semifinals

Go down

Boy's DII Semifinals Empty Boy's DII Semifinals

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Shocked there's no posts on the DII semis that occurred last night...two great games. Jeremy did a nice job providing highlights, seen below.

Hanover vs. Bedford

Coe Brown vs. Portsmouth

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Boy's DII Semifinals Empty Re: Boy's DII Semifinals

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Will be interesting to see how PHS deals with Bedford's size on Saturday. Fahmy had Co. had a field day vs. Hanover...will be a Guards vs. Bigs matchup in the DII Final.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:35 am

Here are my posts from the teams' first meeting on Feb. 3. Hoping for a repeat on Saturday.
Truly only a couple of interesting games on the D-2 boys slate tonight (on paper, anyway). The marquee game of the night in D-2 will be Bedford (8-2) at Portsmouth (9-2). The Clippers will need to rebound effectively against Bedford's big front line. Any multi-sport Bedford players playing hoops will be looking to avenge recent losses in the D-3 football championship and the D-2 baseball semi-finals.
Fun game to watch in Portsmouth tonight, as the Clippers defeated the Bedford Bulldogs 62-49. After Portsmouth jumped out to a quick lead, Bedford rallied to tie the game at 11-11 after one. The 2nd quarter was back and forth, and PHS went up 29-26 at the half on a buzzer beating 3 pointer by Kamahl Walker. Portsmouth went on a run in the third and was ahead by around 10 at the end of 3. They extended the lead to as much as 15 in the 4th, and BHS could get no closer than 10 the rest of the way.

Walker was solid for Portsmouth, and they also got a great effort from Jake Lehoux. It was nice to see Kyle DiCesare back on the court for Portsmouth, finally returning after a broken ankle suffered in football. It's going to take him a while to get back in game shape, but it will be a big boost for the Clippers when he is back at full speed.

Trevor Fahmy had a nice game for Bedford, and I don't recall anyone else that stood out individually. If you haven't seen Bedford in person, those kids are absolutely huge, especially for a D-2 team. They have 4 players listed at 6'7" or taller, including two sophomores, one being 6'10" sophomore Collin McManus. The skinnier Portsmouth forwards did a nice job battling all night, using their fouls when necessary.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:55 pm

I thought the Hanover vs Bedford game was a mess in the 2nd half (which you know if you were following me on the twitter machine). Bedford was playing the role Greg Norman at Augusta, but Hanover couldn't quite find the Nick Faldo mask. A turnover fest by the Bulldogs in the 2nd half kept it from being a blowout.

The CBNA vs PHS game was an interesting chess match between two teams that know each other really well. Ultimately the more talented team won out (no diss on Coe Brown), but if Darling doesn't foul out it might have been a different story.

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  middleschoolball on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Justin,
Can I assume you will be broadcasting the Div. II Final on TSN? I will be getting out of work at 1 and driving there to see the Div. 1 final, but enjoyed seeing the semis the other night in Dv 2 and it looks like its going to be a great game between Bedord & Portsmouth.

JustinMcIsaac wrote:I thought the Hanover vs Bedford game was a mess in the 2nd half (which you know if you were following me on the twitter machine). Bedford was playing the role Greg Norman at Augusta, but Hanover couldn't quite find the Nick Faldo mask. A turnover fest by the Bulldogs in the 2nd half kept it from being a blowout.

The CBNA vs PHS game was an interesting chess match between two teams that know each other really well. Ultimately the more talented team won out (no diss on Coe Brown), but if Darling doesn't foul out it might have been a different story.

middleschoolball
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinMcIsaac on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 am

middleschoolball wrote:Justin,
Can I assume you will be broadcasting the Div. II Final on TSN? I will be getting out of work at 1 and driving there to see the Div. 1 final, but enjoyed seeing the semis the other night in Dv 2 and it looks like its going to be a great game between Bedord & Portsmouth.[

MSB, I will be doing the game- and I think Dave Haley will be doing color commentary- if he can get over St. Mary's losing last night, I mean. Laughing

JustinMcIsaac
All-State
All-State

http://wtsnam1270.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:45 am

JustinMcIsaac wrote:
MSB, I will be doing the game- and I think Dave Haley will be doing color commentary- if he can get over St. Mary's losing last night, I mean. Laughing

I do hope that is discussed on the air today LOL. Make sure to mention Steindl...and buying those around him a beer when his favorite players miss free throws he thinks they'll make.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum