@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

First Annual GNG Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest.

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Annual GNG Prediction/ Guess division one final standings Contest.

Post  SeacoastDad on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:42 pm

GNG wrote:NHIAA website asleep at the wheel Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep again. The website has Timby beating Salem. Forum members know better. So if your trying to figure out scenarios, remember Salem has one more win, and Timby is still winless.

Out of the 50 states I wonder where the NHIAA as a whole ranks? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

How hard is it to have someone look at the scores to make sure they are correct? affraid

I noticed the same thing, so I went to the Eagle-Tribune web site to find the real score. Looks like the NHIAA website has since been corrected.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

I think it was bigman44 that once mentioned that it is either the coach or the AD that posts the scores to the NHIAA web site. So, as much as I would like to, I don't think we can blame the NHIAA for this one.

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

rwvogely where's your sheet ?

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Come on. Somebody has to finish last might as well be you. Sad

I thought you wanted to see my corporate box at the jade. affraid

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

GNG Posting

Post  rwvogeley on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:19 pm

GNG

I sent my ultimate sheet in yesterday.
Seeing there was a reference to the movie Stripes(one of my favorites) does that mean that you are our Sgt Hulka. Our big \Toe.
If you still do not have my sheet I can resubmit with a letter from my mother cosigned by Juan Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter.

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

resend it I don't got it.

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

No way am I Hulka. I was born to play Dewey OXberger. aka OX

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

rwvogely where's your sheet ?

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I see that UMASS education is paying off bigtime. Here's a hint, send it to this forum, and when you see it, you know you did it right. cheers

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Losing Ssheet

Post  rwvogeley on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Ox,
Still eating alot of your aggression as am I

Trinity
Merrimack
Salem
Spaulding
Central
North
Alvirne
BG
Pinkerton
South
Memorial
West
Winny
Exeter
Lderry-A CInderella Story
COncord
Keene-Go d2 and get it over with
Dover
Timberlane
E

rwvogeley
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

We have our 13th victim. I mean contestant.

Post  GNG on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm sure I will see you Thurs night. I will make fun of your picks then. sunny

Remember, there is no shame in coming in 2nd place to me. I mean you don't get the lunch, but you get to tell your friends you came in 2nd place to me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Actually, your picks aren't bad at all.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Tarrier's Take

Post  tarrier on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 am

1.Trinity 16-2...after a tough win in Salem on Friday the Pioneers run the table to the #1 seed
2.Central 14-4...A win over Merrimack in regular season finale locks up #2 spot
3.Merrimack 14-4...losses to North and Little Green drop Tomahawks to 3rd
4.Spaulding 13-5...don't ask me how, but Red Raiders win a 3-way tiebreaker with Salem and North
5.Salem 13-5...Tiebreakers be damned! I give them the edge over Titans because of a head to head win
6.North 13-5...It took me WAY TOO MUCH time to figure this thing out so I'm just guessing which 13-5 teams gets the nod over who
7.Alvirne 12-6...Early season win over West looms LARGE now
8.West 12-6...I have them winning 4 of their last 5 to secure a home prelim game(only stumble is an unexpected one @ Dover)
9.BG 11-7...I like them to beat Salem in the last game of the season
10.South 9-9...my Panthers(Class of '88) are right about where they should be...middle of the pack in a tough league
11.Exeter 8-10...big finish for the Blue Hawks who win 4 of 5 down the stretch
12.Memorial 8-10...another one of those dreaded 3-way ties so I'm going with the Crusaders behind surging Exeter and ahead of fading Pinky
13.Winny 6-12...watch out for this team...next year(REALLY good returning cast led by Gigliotti, Ruffin and Knollmeyer)
14.L'derry 4-14...Lancers win 3 of 5 to close the season. I bet T&F knows the tiebreaking procedure!
15.Keene 4-14...Owls AD does it again as new coach says "Thank God for scheduling D2 ConVal! Hey, it counts in the standings!
16.Dover 4-14...Coach Romps says "Thank God for Concord and Timberlane!"

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Tarrier's Take 2

Post  tarrier on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 am

Just noticed I totally left Pinky out! This is my "official" bracket...Sorry Dover!

1.Trinity 16-2...after a tough win in Salem on Friday the Pioneers run the table to the #1 seed
4.Spaulding 13-5...don't ask me how, but Red Raiders win a 3-way tiebreaker with Salem and North
5.Salem 13-5...Tiebreakers be damned! I give them the edge over Titans because of a head to head win
6.North 13-5...It took me WAY TOO MUCH time to figure this thing out so I'm just guessing which 13-5 teams gets the nod over who
8.West 12-6...I have them winning 4 of their last 5 to secure a home prelim game(only stumble is an unexpected one @ Dover)
10.South 9-9...my Panthers(Class of '88) are right about where they should be...middle of the pack in a tough league
12.Memorial 8-10...another one of those dreaded 3-way ties so I'm going with the Crusaders behind surging Exeter and ahead of fading Pinky
13.Pinkerton 8-10...hard to believe they were once 6 and 2
14.Winny 6-12...watch out for this team...next year(REALLY good returning cast led by Gigliotti, Ruffin and Knollmeyer)
15.L'derry 4-14...Lancers win 3 of 5 to close the season. I bet T&F knows the tiebreaking procedure!
16.Keene 4-14...Owls AD does it again as new coach says "Thank God for scheduling D2 ConVal! Hey, it counts in the standings!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

FOR PETE'S SAKE

Post  GNG on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 am

This contest wants to know where every team in d1 is going to finish. Anyone can pick the top 16 , it's 17,18,and 19 that will seperate the men {AND foxy lady} from the boys.

In other words Pete, please finish the guessing, I mean predictions. Embarassed

When Mr. Tarrier completes his {in full} we will have fourteen fearless forcasters {still accepting till noon today}in the frey.

All vying for top prize. Have you seen the movie "My dinner with Andre". It will be like that, except TOTAL opposite. "My lunch with GNG, my liver will never be the same."

It's a comedy. jocolor

T@F I trust you will text Peter and let him about his faux pas.

I will be going to The Jade after tonight's game to make special arrangements for lunch in case the winner picks it. Think my wife will buy that BS. Probably not. I don't care that's my story and I'm sticking to it. pirat

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Correspondence has been to sent to Mr Tarrier to complete his #17 to #19 teams.

Knowing how thorough Mr Tarrier is he will probably be calling the Timby, Concord and Dover coaches to get injury and player information so he can make an informative "non-playoff" pick for these 3 teams. I hope Pete doesn't let Coach Romps know what the phone call is about. One would think Coach Romps wouldn't give Pete the "warm and fuzzies" during the phone call. Laughing

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Looking into my future playoff basketball plans:

I picked Spaulding to finish 4th in this contest. If that comes to fruition then I envision the following scenario I have already talked to GNG about. We all know the Red Raiders are one of the best home teams in the state. So, if they finish 4th and win their prelim game then it would set up the following epic night:

Friday March 9th at 7:00 pm Spaulding hosting a quarter final game at the RCC. Perish the thought. You remember how great the D1 quarter final Friday was last season. It was 4 games not for any one on heart medication. If Spaulding hosts a quarter final T & F and GNG will be going to Rochester to spend the evening with Justin and in no certain order:

RCC
Riviera
Gary Sports Bar and Grill
Rochester Elks Lodge (Karaoke) Justin sings the 90s and 2000s tunes. GNG and T & F sing the 70s and 80s tunes.

If by chance the evening goes a tad later than normal I'm sure there are some 5 star hotel/motels in Rochester that would facilitate me and GNG for a comfy night's sleep.

Obviously, separate rooms.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

All 19 teams

Post  tarrier on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm

13.Pinkerton 8-10...hard to believe they were once 6 and 2
14.Winny 6-12...watch out for this team...next year(REALLY good returning cast led by Gigliotti, Ruffin and Knollmeyer)
15.L'derry 4-14...Lancers win 3 of 5 to close the season. I bet T&F knows the tiebreaking procedure!
16.Keene 4-14...Owls AD does it again as new coach says "Thank God for scheduling D2 ConVal! Hey, it counts in the standings!
I Didn't read the fine print that said we needed all 19 teams...and I forgot my worksheet at home with everyone's predicted final records so this will have to do
17.Dover...maybe next year for the Green Wave
18.Concord...Tide fans longing for the days of Matt Bonner
19.Timby..an O-fer is in the offings

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Blackbirds not Owls...OOPS!!!

Post  tarrier on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm

16.Keene 4-14...Owls AD does it again as new coach says "Thank God for scheduling D2 ConVal!" Hey, it counts in the standings!

I'm pretty sure "Owls" is the nickname for Keene State...Blackbirds are the high schoolers. Oops!

tarrier
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks for finalizing your picks, Pete.

I'll give Jeremy L a pass on not putting in his picks. I think he's working on his soon to be released rankings for basketball players in the 1st and 2nd grade in NH.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Anyone at the game tonight who is in the contest.

Post  GNG on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I stand beside the Guertin bench, if you want to come over and introduce yourself, and let me know your lunch preference feel free too.

FYI- was at the flats for lunch with some colleagues/friends. They were pushing hard to be the spot.

Of course tonight I am sure the Jade will have something to say about this.

Tim Hogan from the 99 wants us there.

Billy's is the spot where I am not known. Except that I graduated with the owner.

Doesn't matter cuz I'M WINNING THIS THING. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

GNG

Post  Bert54the1 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Were you the guy in the green shirt? Must be kind of quiet at the Jade. Kesty's charge was one of the worst calls I have ever seen, A block....no doubt about it..

Bert54the1
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 pm

When I did my predictions I did it by records I forgot about that stupid points system where away wins count for more points

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

The things I do for this lunch

Post  GNG on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 am

The color of my shirt was green. The guy who picked up the massive tab at the jade was named Green.

I gotta go watch his daughter play tommorow against North. He tells me she's not bad.

John McCLUNG was also in the house.

I have lined up 2 coaches who have won d1 state titles for special guest stars for lunch so far.

Let me say this. My son told me before the season if he had to pick a team besides HIS ALMA MATER it would be North.

Ryan Gauthier is the best player I have seen this season. I haven't seen Dimitri. Kid can ball.

Javon isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Jeremy was in the house. Wouldn't surprise me if these teams see each other again before its over Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am

Gbear, that could come back to bite you. Those 5 point away wins are going to be key. This year more then ever.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:15 am

Sunday I will give a if the season ended today point total. It means nothing because a team can rise or fall 5 places in a week.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

I've only done drive bys - so no entry.

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

GNG,

Thank you for the Memorial shares you so kindly traded me earlier in the season.

I QUITE enjoyed them this evening.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 am

Your welcome Tully . You can have them. Very Happy

I am holding off to update what if scenarios until next Saturday. Right now , not all of the teams have played the same amount of games.

I am stunned that Central lost to Memorial. STUNNED.

Shouldn't be though, because every single week it seems there are upsets in this league.

People such as Tarrier, NH sports11, FREE LUNCH, Seacoast dad, bigman, loyalty33, and t@f who had Central finishing in the top 4 must be questioning that choice this morning. Embarassed

Don't feel bad guys. Some people THINK they know their NH d1 hoops.{ the above mentioned}, other such as NH HOOPS FAN,GOLDEN BEAR,BERT54THE1,FOXY LADY,JUSTIN,RW VOGLEY, and MYSELF KNOW they KNOW d1 hoops. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Basketball sunny Basketball

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum