@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

CNN/SI Recruiting Article

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CNN/SI Recruiting Article

Post  JAF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Today there's an article on CNN/SI about recruiting and specifically decommitting from a commitment before National Signing Day (early February). I know recruiting has been discussed in many different topics over time in this forum, so I thought it'd be interesting to provide a pointer about this for anyone going through the process.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/01/20/commitment.project/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a1

A takeaway is that you have to find the "best situation" for you and unlike a player being recruited, coaches are used to and expect rejection to occur. Some certainly take it better than others, but from some personal experience for a player being "rejected" it is difficult to accept and actually do. Some coaches do know and use that during the recruitment process. The hardest phone call my son had to receive after making his decision to commit to a different school was from a coach he really liked and had recruited him hard. He really feared telling him his decision because he felt like he was rejecting the coach. The coach was really good about his decision and wished him well. There were a few other coaches that were not as gracious - no small wonder why he didn't feel so bad telling them his decision and why they weren't on his top 4 list.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum