New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Bud Selig needs to investigate

5 posters

Go down

Bud Selig needs to investigate Empty Bud Selig needs to investigate

Post  bb603 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm

I am deeply disappointed in Major League Baseball, the Mariners and the Red Sox.

The Mariners should be banned from MLB for giving away Michael Pineda AND an 18 year old potential stud pitcher for a catcher who maybe can not catch and a 25 year old fly ball pitcher that may be a 5th starter.

I don't care if someone named Jesus is involved, it is a steal for the Yankees. Pineda is a 23 year old stud who can't become a free agent for 5 years.

Am I supposed to be happy that the Red Sox are talking about signing Vincente Padilla???? He was let go by the Rangers, he's a head case. Who would you want??? Pineda or Padilla!

This trade is not in the best interests of baseball.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Bud Selig needs to investigate Empty Re: Bud Selig needs to investigate

Post  JAF Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm

There's probably 10 teams that MLB should contract or create a AAAA League. Of course the players would never go for that. It's not their fault that there's only 5-10 competent GM's and owners in big markets willing to spend their money foolishly so that us fans can enjoy quality baseball.

Shame on the Sox for missing out, but then again their trading partners from the AAAA are the A's and Padres.

Maybe the Sox should see if Tebow wants to try to learn how to pitch Laughing

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Upon 1st inspection of the trade between the Mariners and Yankees, it seems like the powers to be in the Mariners' front office all had faces like the ones below when they decided to trade away Pineda for a catcher who can't catch:

drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Actually, Bud Selig needs to inestigate Carl Crawford and his bad karma since becoming a member of the Red Sox. He now has had wrist surgery and will miss the start of the season. He'll have a nice built in excuse when he does start playing and hits 240 to 260 while having a moribund on base% and not stealing any bases.

I have put a down payment on my 2012 Red Sox AL East 3rd place tee shirt so I can be the first on my block to wear it around the 2nd or 3rd week of September.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm

T@F , What does inestigate mean? confused

Don't get your knickers in a bunch. It's not official that he is missing the start of the season. It was just a scope, relatively minor procedure.

Have faith. sunny

While your purchasing 3rd place tee shirts, I am getting free ones. I just sent in 4 box tops and 2.99 shipping and handling and in 4 to 6 weeks I will be receiving a CAPT CRUNCH TEE SHIRT. Big old picture of the Capt on the front of the shirt. Double xxl. You don't see many guys my age wearing those shirts, but when I saw it I had to have it. I don't follow fashion, I set it. Cool Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Hope you're not eating the Captain Crunch to get the tee shirt. The sugar in that cereal is a killer. It also leads to carry on baggage.

As far as weird words......Well, it's the idiosyncrasies of typing on a smart phone.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  SeacoastDad Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am

One can certainly overlook the typo, especially when one sees the word "moribund" used in a sentence! Nicely done! study

SeacoastDad
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks for the advice on the sugar. Your one smart dude.

Don't worry, I'm onto a HEALTHIER cereal. FROSTED FLAKES.

Their GREEAAATTT. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:39 am

Your choice of cereal, as I or SeacoastDad would say, is:

MORIBUND

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down