Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GNG

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Not a bad choice at all!

Back to top Go down

I think you are right...

Post  boxout on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 am

T@F, there are definitely people who are innocent at PSU, mainly the victims. But seriously of course there are. I still feel that the season should end for this public University. I strongly feel that Sandusky was around PSU, with the current classes at PSU. I would be willing to bet that the greatest linebackers coach in NCAA history is still making lectures to the football team, specifically to linebackers. I would go as far as this year he probably did. You see ex-coaches at all levels taking in practices and teaching players. I know that I would not have been comfortable having a child molester teach me the game of football. I guess you could call me a whistler blower. I would have went to ESPN or 20/20. See I don't like child molesters and I don't want them around me, obviously you feel the same way. Sandusky was making commencement speeches as recently as two years ago. The guy was seen at bowl games with future victims, walking the sidelines. Players obviously saw this.
I understand your feelings on letting the game move on without Paterno. This is too soon and too early for the healing to begin. The wounds are still fresh. There is also a missing District Attorney in this situation, this guy could have been murdered. Just once in my life I would love to see a game of sports take a back seat to the game of LIFE. This is serious business.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Quote of the day. Thanks boxout.

Post  GNG on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:32 am

"Just once in my life I would love to see the game of sports take a backseat to the game of LIFE." boxout11/11/11

I like it. I like it alot.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Joepa to leave.

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:22 am

I heard on 98.5 last night that a smiliar situation occurred in the Red Sox organization in the 80's/late 90's with a employee who worked in the opponents dugout. Here's the story from Jeff Passan.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201111/another-era-and-another-sport-sex-abuse-scandal-still-inflicting-pain-today

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Unreal...

Post  boxout on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 am

The Assistant, good article and to be honest I vaguely remember the story. This is a time when I was a child myself, so the details were sketchy. I thank you for putting in the article. The thing that bothers me about our justice system more than anything else, and it may never change. Is those that are rich can buy their way out of crimes. The first time I remember this was with Micheal Jackson. In an attempt to shut a victim up, they threw money at him. Millions. Civil I understand, but to be able to buy yourself freedom from criminal prosecution is way beyond my comprehension. We all know that there are miscarriages of justice. I am sure there are accused child molesters who are in jail and never committed a crime. It is a he/she said. It is unfortunate that these people don't have the resources to prove innocence. I am just completely lost for words.
On a side note, my first generation of favorite players were YAZ, Hondo, Cowens, and Rice. It was great to hear Cowens say that we should take baseball bats to Sandusky. It was even greater to read that Rice was warning children to stay away from Fitzpatrick. Now I feel somewhat good that I picked players who have high morals.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

I mentioned Jodi Foster

Post  boxout on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 am

Folks not to promote movies on here, but back in 1988 Jodi Foster starred in The Accused. A story about a rape that occurred in 1983 at Big Dan's Bar in New Bedford, MA. Many men just stood and watched this woman get raped by like 6 guys. At the time people excused the rape as, "she wanted it", "look at what she was wearing", "she's a slut". It was a time when people didn't understand the rape of people. Check it out, I can happily say that as a society we are more educated and understanding.
Can you imagine that we once had that attitude. She is wearing risque clothing, so she is asking to be raped.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

last post...

Post  boxout on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 am

I need to head to work. But I am also tired of hearing the senior citizens defending Joe Paterno, with look at all the good he has done. He has donated and helped many children, blah, blah, blah.
Hey, Senior citizens every dime he raised to help those in need is now gone. The money he raised is now going to come out of taxpayer dollars to punish all of those who committed crimes. The cost of the court cases and pay outs I bet will exceed every penny Joe ever earned for those less fortunate.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

interesting...

Post  boxout on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am

to note that the Board of Trustees, has 5 ex-football players on the board. Now I am starting to understand why this was kept hush-hush for so many years.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:27 am

I wonder how many are in the law enforcement? Between the police, judges, and lawyers... Wait until jury selection starts... Suspect

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum