@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

2011-2012!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2011-2012!!

Post  boxout on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 am

Hello Men,
I am sure you have all missed me. I hope everyone is doing well, that includes you too GNG and T&F (LOL). I was hoping that you guys could tell me if there are any significant rule changes for the up coming seasons as far as NHIAA goes. I haven't heard anything, but the Nausea Teletrash is really dropping the ball on local sports and sports in general.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011-2012!!

Post  GNG on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am

Not sure of the rule changes. I agree with you boxout, The Telegraph's hs sports coverage has gone down hill in the last few years. They used to cover it inside an out. How stupid is it to have Tom King at a game for wgam and he can't write an article about the game because of budget restraints.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Nice to hear from you Boxout. It does seem strange though. You do have a remarkable alter blogging ego that seems related to a well known poster on this site.

Just saying. Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:28 pm

The biggest rule change is a change to the definition of team control during a throw in. The inbounding team is in team control during a throw in. Previously, there was no team control for either team during a throw in. If blue was inbounding the ball and a blue player pushed off to get position for the inbounded pass then red would shoot FTs if red was in bonus. Now, if a blue player shoves off to get position for an inbounded pass and is called for a foul, there will be no FTs because, by definition, red has just commited a team control foul.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Here are the 3 new rules/rule changes for 2011 - 2012:

2011-12 BASKETBALL RULES CHANGES
1-3-1
The center restraining circle specifications were changed to permit a minimum of a ¼-inch-wide single line but a line no wider than 2-inches to designate the outer edge of the circle. Contrasting colored-floor areas are still permissible.
Rationale: Many existing courts already have a center circle that has a single ¼ -inch line. A mathematical line between two solid colors is also permitted in Table 1-1, Supplement to the Basketball Court, No. 3. This change provides consistency in the rule.

3-5-3
New
The specifications regarding arm compression sleeves were changed to require the item to be white, black, beige or a single solid school color, be the same color for each team member and have only a single manufacturer’s logo that does not exceed 2 ¼ square inches. Arm compression sleeves must still be worn for medical purposes.
Rationale: Under the previous rule, arm compression sleeves had no logo restrictions, could have been multiple colors and teammates could have worn different colors. This rules change provides clarification and makes enforcement more consistent for officials.

4-12-1,
4-12-2 &
4-12-6
Several definitions were changed to reflect that team control will now exist during a throw-in when the thrower-in has the ball at his/her disposal. The change primarily affects how foul penalties will be administered.
Rationale: By changing the definition of player and team control to include a throw-in, greater consistency in the penalty for a common foul is achieved. As the previous rule was written, because there was no team control during a throw-in, the penalty for a common foul committed by the throw-in team after the throw-in had begun resulted in free throws if the offended team was in the bonus. This was not consistent with the penalty for a team-control foul. This rules change will result in greater consistency in the penalties for common fouls, eliminate confusion on rule application and speed up the contest by eliminating the delay inherent with administering free throws.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum