@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

North Advances to D1 Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down

North Advances to D1 Final

Post  nyk on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 am

Well all I can is what a game! First of all, seeing how Timberlane played, it's very hard to believe they were a 13 seed. Their starting pitcher, Jake Siemering, pitched a gem of a game through 5+ innings. Kyle Turner of North pitched well too, including 3 Ks in the 1st inning and 9 Ks in all. The 2nd inning got very interesting as Timberlane had runners on 2nd & 3rd with no one out. Turner fanned a batter for the first out. Then a botched suicide squeeze caught the runner going home for the 2nd out. The other runner advanced to 3rd but not before Matt Fortin threw him out to end the inning. This was a huge defensive play for the Titans as the Owls were poised for a big inning.

North threatened every inning but could not get a man home. I think North must have stranded 6 base runners in 3 innings. Timberlane on the other hand picked up a run on a timely base hit and took a 1-0 lead and held that lead until the bottom of the 5th when Brandon Karkhanis hit a solo home run into the Holman Picnic area to tie the game. North would threaten again in the inning but just could not get a run home.

In the 6th, pinch hitter Shannon Martin found his way on a full count walk. Keon Jenkins bunted him over to 2nd. Mike Muise lined hard to right center field to score Martin. Karkhanis singled in Muise for an insurance run.

Jake Mellin came in for the 7th frame and struck out the 1st two batters. After a full count walk, the Owls #9 hitter flied to Kelvin Rodriguez in right field to end the game.

Hats off to the Timberlane Owls who as the 13th seed were very close to getting into the finals. The Owls played a great game and had North on the ropes for much of the game.

North now awaits the winner of the Salem/Concord contest, which will be held at Holman Stadium at 4 p.m. Monday, June 13th. This should be an excellent baseball game.

I believe the D1 finals time will be changed. It's currently set for 4 p.m., but North graduates at 6 p.m. I'm sure the time of the game will be changed.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Re: North Advances to D1 Final

Post  FullCount on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 am

Agreed - Timberlane had a great run and hats off to them. Congrats to North on battling yesterday and making the finals. I am sticking with my prediction that it is North vs Salem in the finals.

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Congrats to North players - I'm sure BK's dinger relieved a lot of pressure Laughing I'm sure it's nice for Kyle to know he doesn't have to go all 7 and that if needs to gas out a bit earlier to get out of an inning, he can rely on Jake to finish the job... Whichever team makes it (Salem/Concord) - it should be a good game. Although I agree with FullCount - I'd lean towards Salem.

Given that graduation is the only "reason" to move a game, my guess is you'll get the 1P game instead...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  irish79 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:29 pm

nyk - congratulations to bk for the solo shot. a very competitive game and best of luck to the Titans in the final.. should be a good final - wouldn't be surprised if Concord pulls the upset on Monday afternoon. Salem has been there many times though. Good luck to all teams. My guess is a 1:00pm start agreeing with JAF. Just think, you can walk across the street after the game to attend graduation. I will predict a North championship.

irish79
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:34 pm

JAF wrote:Congrats to North players - I'm sure BK's dinger relieved a lot of pressure Laughing I'm sure it's nice for Kyle to know he doesn't have to go all 7 and that if needs to gas out a bit earlier to get out of an inning, he can rely on Jake to finish the job... Whichever team makes it (Salem/Concord) - it should be a good game. Although I agree with FullCount - I'd lean towards Salem.

Given that graduation is the only "reason" to move a game, my guess is you'll get the 1P game instead...

Thanks JAF. This was the classic team win, great pitching, great defense, and timely hitting. Salem & Concord should be a good game. Concord has some good bats, but it appears that Salem has good pitching, which generally prevails. We'll see, can't count Concord out, they racked up 13 runs on North so they are capable of some big innings.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:39 pm

irish79 wrote:nyk - congratulations to bk for the solo shot. a very competitive game and best of luck to the Titans in the final.. should be a good final - wouldn't be surprised if Concord pulls the upset on Monday afternoon. Salem has been there many times though. Good luck to all teams. My guess is a 1:00pm start agreeing with JAF. Just think, you can walk across the street after the game to attend graduation. I will predict a North championship.

Thanks irish79, North needed that big hit. Mike Muise came up big too with the go ahead RBI single. Really can't say enough what a great game it was. Timberlane did not play like a 13 seed.

I'm hearing a 1 p.m. start time for our game. It's tempting to get a room at the hotel near the park so that we can cleanup after the game and then head to the Verizon Center for graduation. We'll be cutting it close driving back home in between events.

I like your prediction, hope the boys can pull it out. Regardless of who they play, it will be a tough game.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Congrats to North for the victory today ... 11-7 according to NH High School sports twitter feed.

Also congrats go out to Campbell for their 4-2 win over Somersworth...It's never easy to beat a good team 3 times in a season.

Ironically it just started raining here at home (15-20 mins south of manchvegas)... Let's hope the next 2 games to be played don't get affected too much.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum