New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Where will TOJO end up?

3 posters

Go down

Where will TOJO end up? Empty Where will TOJO end up?

Post  GNG Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:17 am

As I was sitting in the Roedell fieldhouse{ a beautiful multi million dollar facility donated by Tojo asst. coach and friend} during graduation I started to think about how much money BG will stand to lose for this decision. I have talked to several alumni over the past month, nobody is opening up their checkbooks anymore. This guy was BG, and as UNFAIR as many,many,many people think this move was it's time to move on. SPEAKING OF MOVING ON...

The GNG guarantee says Tojo will say adios to his beloved school at the end of the school year. This is what people were talking about this weekend.

HOW UNFAIR IT WAS.

WHERE HE WILL END UP

Pretty much can't go into the 1st topic, but the second. Absolutely ZERO people say he is staying. Good for TOJO, bad for BG.Very, very bad for BG. He will probably take a year off, but people were throwing out local and state colleges as a possibility. I hope it's high school. I can't wait to see where he ends up, but I can tell you his loyal supporters will be there with him. The guy did so much for so many.

Keep checking the employment tab on the BG website. I am sure The Telegraph or Union Leader is asleep at the wheel on this one, and it will be on the website long before either paper pick up on this.
If I was a principal at a school and wanted to put my school on the map with athletics, this would be the guy I called first.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Where will TOJO end up? Empty Re: Where will TOJO end up?

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:43 pm

It certainly is time for Mr. Johnson to move on to another stage in his professional life. What will be funny is the people who said, "We'll see if Tojo is all about the kids", with the issue of him staying on as AD. It's a nice try on a spin to try to make him look bad if he leaves BG all together.

A nice try, but a total miss by the anti-Tojo spin doctors.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Where will TOJO end up? Empty Where will TOJO end Up ! ?

Post  Twinemusic Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:38 pm

GNG, Would you be so kind as to tell us Wensday after the d1 boy's lacrosse championship how many State Championships BG had in this calendar school year of fall 10' thru june 11'. Is it a record? School? State? Just curious. Also do you think other Coaches will follow? Leave? Surely if TOJO goes there will be alot of sore necks looking over there shoulders over there on Lund Rd. I can not comprehend the thought process over there with Tony.If only if it is to de - emphasize high level athletics, the numbers from a Coaching stand point are off the charts...Then you look at from an AD standpoint and the numbers are staggering, absolutely numbing. The man has done above and beyond what is expected from both positions and anybody in the state will be hard pressed to ever sniff it. Bad decision BG, very BAD decision.

Twinemusic
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I'll go out on the limb and say BG will probably win the most state titles of any HS in the state for the 2010 - 2011 school year. I really don't know what more is expected of him unless Mr. Johnson's bosses think that by stepping down from the football coaching position and concentrating on the AD job they think BG can now win every state title in every sport.

Also, one of the criticisms I heard was other sports players and teams weren't being looked at by colleges and college coaches for their respective sports because Mr Johnson concentrated on the football players. If this is true then those players and teams need to get the pacifier out of their mouthes and get on their respective coaches for their respective teams to be making contacts with college coaches. At the end of the day Mr Johnson eventually has to go home and get a hot meal and try to sleep a few hours. He can't be pounding the pavement and the flesh with college coaches for all the sports teams at BG. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Where will TOJO end up? Empty Where will TOJO end up?

Post  Twinemusic Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 am

Is there any word out of Lund rd on Head football coach replacements? Canidates? ect?. I also think TOJO is gone it would be very tough if not impossible for him and the "New" coach from many angles, pschologically,pressure, atmosphere,awkward to name a few. Big Shoes to fill period, and with him there? very tough situation at BG. Best of luck to all, hope he continues the dual role at another high school he has proven he can shape young men positively also.

Twinemusic
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down