@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

What sport is the nhiaa the most inept in overseeing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What sport is the nhiaa the most inept in overseeing?

Post  GNG on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Football where the non division games are a joke because they count for nothing in the standings, or basketball where the referee situation on the varsity level was SUB PAR to put it mildly, or baseball where some teams can schedule 20 games, and play lower division teams and have it count in the standings?

I say football, those non confernce games make zero sense to me. Season is short enough, figure out a way to make all the games count.

I didn't bang on the hoop ref's all season, but it was a hot topic on this site and I believe it was deserving. Something needs to be done asap.

It was sad that most people didn't even know if those games counted in the standings for baseball right up until the playoffs. My advice to baseball coaches schedule 2 non division away games against 2 cupcakes. Take your 10 points in the standings and laugh at all the teams that only schedule 18 games.

OFF TO GRADUATION, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: What sport is the nhiaa the most inept in overseeing?

Post  nyk on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:36 pm

GNG wrote:Football where the non division games are a joke because they count for nothing in the standings, or basketball where the referee situation on the varsity level was SUB PAR to put it mildly, or baseball where some teams can schedule 20 games, and play lower division teams and have it count in the standings?

I say football, those non confernce games make zero sense to me. Season is short enough, figure out a way to make all the games count.

I didn't bang on the hoop ref's all season, but it was a hot topic on this site and I believe it was deserving. Something needs to be done asap.

It was sad that most people didn't even know if those games counted in the standings for baseball right up until the playoffs. My advice to baseball coaches schedule 2 non division away games against 2 cupcakes. Take your 10 points in the standings and laugh at all the teams that only schedule 18 games.

OFF TO GRADUATION, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hi GNG, congratulations on your son's graduation from high school! Best of luck to him in college.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bb603 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:56 pm

NHIAA is most inept for baseball.

There is no logical reason all D1 teams can not play every other D1 team.

There is no reason for home and away points for a win. These are high school players, a win is a win. Theoretically this year a D1 team could beat a D2 team on the road with no seniors at the school (Windham) and get 5 points yet if they beat the best team in the league at home they would only get 4 points, makes no sense. Also, all 3 Manchester teams play at Gill, yes the home team gets the last at bat, but the away team almost feels like they are at home.

Also, the playoff set up this year is lousy. Playoffs should not have over a week between the semis and the finals. Yes it's nice for the kids to play at Delta Dental, but if my team played on 6-9 and then not again until 6-18 I would be worried about keeping the players sharp.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

How about all?

Post  basketballtime on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:05 pm

I think I'll go with all of the above. No

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum