New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

BG STATE CHAMPS

5 posters

Go down

BG STATE CHAMPS Empty BG STATE CHAMPS

Post  GNG Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 pm

in tennis that is. My good friend and neighbor Brian Tenhave just guided the BG boys tennis team to a state championship over Exeter. Congrats to Brian and the boys on a job well done. I believe it is their first championship in 15 years. Brian coached freshman hoops and was a mainstay on Migs bench before moving over to Central this year to see how Doc operates.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

BG STATE CHAMPS Empty Re: BG STATE CHAMPS

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 am

Nice you reported a tennis result on a Baseball part of the Forum.

You want my newspaper coupon for an eye exam at Lenscrafters?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:33 pm

I searched for the tennis section, couldn't find one. So I posted here.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Had I known BG would have won the title I would have created one. Is BG going to win any other sports that there aren't categories for? I know you BG'ers love to boast! cheers
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Moved to the Bleachers...unless the Tennis folk come roaring off the courts...then I'll create one...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Good thing Brother MARC wants TOJO to concentrate on the other sports at the school. I want to say that is at least 10th state title they have won this year. The number 1 ranked girls tennis team is in the finals today. I may be wrong but in the 4 years that he has been athletic director I would say 35-40 state titles in boys and girls sports. This includes swimming,diving,cross country, track, etc..

BG'S previous athletic director has been at Merrimack for the same time. I don't believe they have won anything in 4 years. I might be mistaken they might have won 1 or 2, but I don't think so.

This is why I get fired up over the massive BS that is coming from Brother Marc's office. If he sucked as an AD that would be one thing, but he is a FANTASTIC athletic director.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Also nice that BG gets to take kids from various school district. Does kind of help you win titles in various sports. Tough to argue that isn't it?

Will somebody explain to me how the kid from Exeter on the hoops team gets to school every day? Does his mom drop him off?
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Sure you get to draw from more than just one town; however, you still have to put together teams.

As a generalization, kids playing for town high schools have been playing together for years. For some sports, that's an advantage - doesn't the Exeter youth football run the same offense that the high school teams do? It's far easier to play some team sports if you know how those around you play. Sure it's nice to be able to have some super athletes show up, but it still takes more than 1 to win. Even if you get 5 for a basketball team, that's a lot of little egos to manage in a short time.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 am

Good point JAF. Coaches are the key in this situation.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Will somebody explain to me how the kid from Exeter on the hoops team gets to school every day? Does his mom drop him off?

I have no idea how BG handles it, but I know St. Thomas has a bus they run throught the seacoast area and down into the Amesbury area of MA. I pass it on the highway in the mornings a lot.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:04 pm

What the current student does is up to the family. Even if I knew I don't think it would be my place to say anything - family choice and I'll respect that. Does it really matter that much?

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:05 pm

"Even if you get 5 for a basketball team, that's a lot of little egos to manage in a short time."

That is by definition one of the things that separates average coaches from the top ones - the ability to manage that and still get the team to be a true team.

You have the exact same scenario is college, but magnified many, many times. Every kid on the roster was a star in high school. Not every one of them will be a major contributor at the collegiate level. Each athlete that moves on in his/her sport to that next level has to face that fact they are back on the lower rungs of the ladder with a group of classmates who were also the top players at their respective schools. It does take a good coach to deal with the personalities and create a smooth running team. When you look at the guys in the college ranks that can do this consistently, you know you have found a very, very good coach.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down