@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Here we go sports fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here we go sports fans

Post  GNG on Sat May 21, 2011 9:53 am

I have had my 3 cups of coffee trying to figure out the top seeds. Way to many variables for someone of my limited intelligence to figure out, so I attacked it from a different angle.

WHO ISN'T GOING TO THE PARTY

WEST- IT'S OFFICIAL

FOUR TEAMS BATTLING FOR 2 SPOTS- TRINITY,MEMORIAL, ALVIRNE, AND SPAULDING

TRINITY- 24 POINTS WITH 3 GAMES LEFT. THEY LOST A BIG ONE TO SPAULDING YESTERDAY. HUGE GAME TODAY AT LONDONDERRY{ANYONE KNOW WHAT TIME}
THEIR OTHER 2 GAMES ARE AT CONCORD, AND HOSTING PINKERTON.

MEMORIAL- 23 POINTS WITH 2 GAMES LEFT. AT KEENE, AND HOSTING WINNIE. THE CRUSADERS BETTER BE CAREFUL OR THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY A TICKET IF THEY WANT TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.

ALVIRNE- 18 POINTS WITH 2 GAMES LEFT. AT DOVER AND HOSTING KEENE. WIN BOTH THEY HAVE A SHOT, WIN AT DOVER, THEY NEED HELP, WIN AT HOME AT KEENE THEY ARE OUT. THAT 5 POINT WIN OVER D2 WINDHAM COULD GET THEM IN THE TOURNAMENT{DON'T GET ME STARTED}

SPAULDING- 18 POINTS WITH 4 GAMES LEFT. HUGE WIN OVER TRINITY YESTERDAY. BIG GAME WITH EXETER TODAY. AFTER THAT IT'S WEST,TIMBY, AND MERRIMACK.

I am rooting for Spaulding{I said yesterday they were my dark,dark darkhorse when they had 3 wins} after all they have been thru this season and to still have a shot says something about the determination of the players and coaches. This is so flipping crazy ,teams on the top scrambling. Guertin could finish anywhere from 3rd to tenth with 2 games left. What a season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: Here we go sports fans

Post  GNG on Sat May 21, 2011 10:02 am

Trinity- londonderry 11 am start. I might go watch that one then go watch North.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Sat May 21, 2011 10:08 am

GNG - your doctor called - he said LAY OFF THE COFFEE bounce

From the other end of the spectrum :

Top 4 - North, Salem, Merri, Concord
Next 7 - BG, Central, South, Winni, Dover, PA, Exeter
Next 3 - Lond, Keene, Timby

Exeter has 2 games today Spauld at 10 and Dover at 2 - that could push them into the bottom third tier or keep then in middle group.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat May 21, 2011 11:10 am

The 2 words that burned a hole in GNG's post on the Sunshine Kid's computer screen:

"Limited Intelligence"

sunny sunny sunny sunny

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

North loses to Andover 2-1

Post  GNG on Sat May 21, 2011 5:59 pm

All I can say is WOW. I am very interested in nyk's take on this game. This was an unbelievable game from start to finish. The North pitcher deserved a better fate. Kid pitched lights out. Several nice plays from both infields thru 5 innings. I was on the right field line and commented to the ump how quick the game was moving. He looked at me and yelled "BE QUIET", then he flashed a big grin. These two teams were mirror images of each other, two really good teams.
Ok, bottom of the 5th this is where it gets crazy, Luis bunts for a single, I think he had 3 hits, 2 bunts and a swinging bunt. Now this kid is greased lightning and you just know he is stealing. Up comes Karkanis{BK is his nickname from what I gather} who has a beautiful double and single in 2 trips to the plate as well as some really nice plays in the field. Long story short he misses either a bunt or hit and run sign and Luis gets thrown out at second. The North coach calls timeout and takes BK out of the game and puts in a pinch hitter. I am alone and going crazy., thinking did he do what I think he just did. He did. Pinch hitter strikes out, then the next 2 get retired. So now they move the right fielder to short {comes into play later} and move Turner from the bench to right field. Sixth inning both teams don't score.
Top seven, leadoff man gets hit, they bunt him over to second. Kid hits a ball that drops in front of the right fielder, men on 1st and 3rd, next kid strikes out. Two outs kid hits a slow roller to short, doesn't make the play 2-1 Andover. North goes in order in bottom of the seventh.
Here is my take - this one is on the North coach, you don't take a kid out for missing a sign, not when he is one of your best hitters and fielders and your fighting for 1st place. Come to think of it I wouldn't take a kid out even if he was my worst player. Make the team run wind sprints after the game. I think the rightfielder that they moved to short gets the ball hit to right in the 7th, and I believe that BK makes the play on the grounder in the 7th. I have watched alot of baseball games and can't remember seeing a coach pull a kid for missing a sign in mid at bat. All I can say is WOW.

Nobody chats it up like North- Infield, outfield, and bench always talking it up. I love that, it keeps them in the game.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat May 21, 2011 8:59 pm

OK Sunshine Kid checking in on the situation. sunny

On the surface it seems easy to question the managerial decision, but.......

......Without following the team it's tough to pass judgement on one play. Did this player miss a sign in their last game(s)? Have other players missed signs in the past game(s)? Did the manager send down a verbal gauntlet from past mental errors in saying, "No more missed signs or there will be consequences." There is a lot that goes on between manager and players in practices and the games.

There are ways of proving a point as a manager to benefit the player who made the mistake and benefit the team in the long run. There are ways of a manager proving a point which back fires on a player and a team.

Which instance is this for North? Maybe, only North fans would know for sure.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

Yes, BK missed a sign and it was his first missed sign in 4 years. It is what it is.

As GNG stated, it was a very good game in that another classic pitcher's duel was in progress. Jake Mellin was the victim of two unearned runs. He pitched a good game and provided some run support, probably gets the win. The Andover pitcher kept our bats pretty quiet as we only managed 5 hits, with 4 of those hits coming from the two same kids. He was also around the plate, so we didn't get too many guys on with walks.

Take the errors away and we probably win 1-0, but that's high school baseball. Errors are part of the game and team that makes the fewest errors generally wins.

We have two more games this week, Exeter and Man. West, with an opportunity to erase the memory of yesterday's loss.

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum