@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Home & sick here, I see NHIAA has the score up, but come on people, someone must have gone to see this one!

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JAF on Mon May 09, 2011 10:58 pm

I saw Joe M at the game today (I was umpiring the Babe Ruth game that followed). I'm sure his site (http://www.nh-highschoolsports.com/) will have a nice recap by tomorrow. I see he updated twitter during the game.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Re: Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JJM on Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 am

Here is the Seacoast right up. Defense killed Bedford in the third...gave them 6 outs and killed Maher's pitch count. After the first 2 runners got on, one by error, a perfect double play ball should have ended the inning, but the transfer was dropped, then a dropped foul popup, etc, - can't beat a well coached team without making plays.

Portsmouth hitters were very disciplined, and could hit the outside fastball to right. Bedfords hitters were not and looked like they had never seen a good curveball - chock that up to the coaching. Just because Bedford can hit most of the softy's in d2, they never prepare properly to face a very good pitcher.

It was the first time I had seen Taylor and he was very, very good. Probably threw about 70% curves which made his fastball a little faster. He was 82-85 with the fastball, topped at 86. Maher was 88-91, topped at 92.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20110509-SPORTS-110509802

JJM
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum