New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

3 posters

Go down

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it? Empty Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Home & sick here, I see NHIAA has the score up, but come on people, someone must have gone to see this one!

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it? Empty Re: Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JAF Mon May 09, 2011 10:58 pm

I saw Joe M at the game today (I was umpiring the Babe Ruth game that followed). I'm sure his site (http://www.nh-highschoolsports.com/) will have a nice recap by tomorrow. I see he updated twitter during the game.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it? Empty Re: Portsmouth beats Bedford 6-3 in the NH game of the year so far this season, anyone attend it?

Post  JJM Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 am

Here is the Seacoast right up. Defense killed Bedford in the third...gave them 6 outs and killed Maher's pitch count. After the first 2 runners got on, one by error, a perfect double play ball should have ended the inning, but the transfer was dropped, then a dropped foul popup, etc, - can't beat a well coached team without making plays.

Portsmouth hitters were very disciplined, and could hit the outside fastball to right. Bedfords hitters were not and looked like they had never seen a good curveball - chock that up to the coaching. Just because Bedford can hit most of the softy's in d2, they never prepare properly to face a very good pitcher.

It was the first time I had seen Taylor and he was very, very good. Probably threw about 70% curves which made his fastball a little faster. He was 82-85 with the fastball, topped at 86. Maher was 88-91, topped at 92.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20110509-SPORTS-110509802

JJM
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum