@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Tony Johnson Done As Coach at BG

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tony Johnson Done As Coach at BG

Post  GNG on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:21 am

Tonight is the senior gala, mass and dinner. It's a shame that the conversation is going to be focussed on this injustice instead of celebrating these kids fantastic four years. I don't think I will have the first letter for Sunday. A new lawyer{someone very close to BG ATHLETICS} is writing something up for the paper. I am sure my signature will be on it, and I will have it here as soon as I get it.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 am

Yes, I can feel things coming to a supreme head at 194 Lund Rd. It is amazing how the bitter poison of one parent can be the genesis and the end result of this whole sordid affair. I've talked to a few coaches in the last month about this situation and they said dealing with parents is at an all time "difficult high." These parents look through their myopic rose colored glasses and try to tear down people, reputations and programs. They do this in the name of their blind self righteous justice for the so called betterment of their children. The only thing they accomplish is alienating themselves and their child from the team, friends and the high school.

In the end what will they leave behind? A program torn down, a divided school and a legacy that when people think about them in the future that it is nothing but ill will and ill feelings. What a great job these problem parents do.....

.....In their own twisted parental minds.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 am

Memo to any one perusing the Forum who loves to attack Tojo, BG and this situation:

My PM is open 24 hours a day. If you have refutable information or evidence on this situation contrary to what's been posted on the Forum then PLEASE send it to me. Don't bother sending it to me if you can't provide real names for YOUR "reliable" sources. If you can't do that then just wallow in your cesspool of innuendo.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

I'm really close to locking down this thread. I know its big news. But anything that's posted by either side is simply heresay.

I really don't want this forum to be a place for parents to come bash administration b/c they don't agree with their decisions/policies. There are many other ways to affect change at a school as a parent - first and foremost - electing school officials, secondly paying (or not paying) to have your kid go to a private institution (BG), and participating in school board meetings, etc.

The forum is not a soap box. It's not fair that this conversation of now 78 posts has been all one sided. I'm struggling with that right now. We can allow the Anti-BG/ProTOJO comments, but not the others? Whats to say those are not the truth? Nobody can tell me either way. I'm an outsider and to be honest, I have heard from the moderators, GNG and others here, and I STILL don't know what the REAL story is. Probably never will.

Bottom line is this is not a place to bash your school, or administrators (Brother Marc). I'll be editing the posts in this thread to abide the forum rules that were set forth on Day 1. If you want to attack the school or administrators, you'll have to find another haven. Sorry guys/gals.

http://nhsports.forumotion.net/t2-please-read-prior-to-registering-or-posting

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

basketballtime wrote:I feel a bit of tension in the air what ever happened to agree to disagree???

Free speech is allowed under the forum rules and guidelines. Pretty simple.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:49 am

No problem. I will let everyone know when it's in the paper.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks GNG - no hard feelings.

I think at this point we need to wait and see what comes out in public. The complete truth may never be told publicly, and I'm not sure this is the place to air different versions of it. I think you'll find the UL and Telegraph comments sections will run wild with accusations and versions of the truth.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Any time a law suit and settlement is involved, the complete story hardly ever comes out. Most settlements involve some level of confidentiality. If indeed this situation ends with some kind of legal document determining the outcome, I think you will find we will continue to see the 2nd hand information flow. In my opinion, the only useful info would be if the BG supporters can tell us they spoke directly with the parents, TJ, or the administration. (I would not be surprised that if a settlement is reached, NONE of these parties will be allowed to discuss it further.) All other insights are going to be subject to “I heard from a coach/parent/teacher/other person that someone said” and we will be in the same place we are currently.

Everyone may just have to learn to live with that fact you will never know all the facts, internal discussions and results of this situation and move on. ESPECIALLY if lawyers are actively involved in the final outcome

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I understand asst.- no hard feelings at all. People that know me realize I HAVE NO FILTER.

Some say it is my best attribute.

Others say it is my worse fault.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

JT_nh_hs_fan wrote:Any time a law suit and settlement is involved, the complete story hardly ever comes out. Most settlements involve some level of confidentiality. If indeed this situation ends with some kind of legal document determining the outcome, I think you will find we will continue to see the 2nd hand information flow. In my opinion, the only useful info would be if the BG supporters can tell us they spoke directly with the parents, TJ, or the administration. (I would not be surprised that if a settlement is reached, NONE of these parties will be allowed to discuss it further.) All other insights are going to be subject to “I heard from a coach/parent/teacher/other person that someone said” and we will be in the same place we are currently.

Everyone may just have to learn to live with that fact you will never know all the facts, internal discussions and results of this situation and move on. ESPECIALLY if lawyers are actively involved in the final outcome

Exactly right JT - couldn't have said it better. Thanks for commenting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 pm

GNG - Once all the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed please give the Forum first access to posting the letter. I like to look upon the letter as a news worthy item that should be published.

Remember how the Telegraph published the letter that was critical of the way Coach Jim Migneault did things in the basketball program at BG 2 seasons ago. Even though I felt the letter by the parent was so out of bounds, we are a free speech society and the Telegraph chose to publish this parental letter that was very critical of Coach Migneault. I don't see any problem with the Forum posting a letter that supports one of the most well known coaches and ADs in the state of New Hampshire.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbear on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 pm

I dont get why the pro Tojo crowd is the truth like the assistant said they have no more first hand info then the others

There is a lot to this story and I will say I think Tony Johnson is an excellent football coach and as done a good job as an AD but the whole story will come out

I do not Coach aau baksetball, I teach at a Nashua middle school and from parents that I know that send their children to BG, I was told group of parents were behind it.

I then asked a varsity coach at BG what the story was and they said he was given a choice of the Jobs

Some of it had to do with a party that was busted and numerous athletes in many spring sports not getting any punishment

However there is a women that I work with that I respect that coached with Tony and thinks he is the best in the business

so there are many sides to this story and I think it will all come out

I will say if he leaves and becomes a High School football coach in NH that school will be lucky to get a great football coach I am just not sure he or many other people are capable of doing both at Div 1 school in NH.

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 am

Goldenbears info is on the table. His info is as good as others, sounds like it's all second hand so you'll all have to take it for what it is - rumor. It's ok to post rumors...let's just no call anybody out personally.

So far the only facts we know is ToJo is the full time AD and no longer coaches Football. We don't know why, we don't know if he was forced out, we don't know who/what spurred this move, especially during the school year of a championship season.

Timing is odd (over the summer would've been better?). Lots to consider. The next public statement wi be very interesting.

Glad we are not a boring little State...would really make the forum dull :-)

Admin

Back to top Go down

read the unionleader sports online today

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 am

Where have I heard a similar situation? I guess these parents are everywhere. Threaten a lawsuit and remove a popular coach. Sad

OUCH

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

If its ok to post rumors, I got a few.

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:38 am

This in response to Goldenbear.

1 - The party had nothing to do with it. The kids were punished HARSHLY, except for the parents who LAWYERED up so there kid could continue to play lax. No punishment until case goes to court under A LAWSUIT THREAT. My feeling is that boy will not be back at BG next year.

2- TOJO was never given a choice, NEVER. Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth. NEVER. My source on this is GOOD AS GOLD, TAKE IT TO THE BANK, 100 %GUARANTEE. Very Happy

3- There was not a group of parents besides this. Sure there were MINOR complaints on the evaluation sheets. Things such as TOJO didn't help get my kid in college. He has made it known to everybody, if you want him to pick up a phone or write a letter all you have to do is ask. These parents wanted him to do it on his own.

4-The incident. A kid gets his bell rung during a drill at practice,new asst. coach tells him not to be a ***** and get back in there. Kid goes home, goes to doctor, concussion. New asst. coach is let go. Fast forward to championship game the kid is standing on sideline with all the other injured players without his jersey on. TOJO rips into the kid with some colorful language to put his shirt on or get in the stands. Mother is offended, how dare TOJO swear at her child. She STEWS on this all winter.

Time for the evaluation cards to come in and she is LIVID.The concussion , the swearing, plus she wants to know why her son didn't get in any games. After all she is paying big bucks to go there. She has several LONG, LONG meetings with Brother Marc. The result is TOJO is no longer coaching football. Those are my rumors.

Last edited by GNG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 am

goldenbear on Mon 6 Jun - 22:50

"I dont get why the pro Tojo crowd is the truth like the assistant said they have no more first hand info then the others"

What I find funny is that people who are much further away from the 194 Lund Rd epicenter send out their opinions, 2nd and 3rd hand information. That's fine, but then they castigate people who are in the 194 Lund Rd epicenter on a daily basis. I find that funny. I'll take the word of people who are in the epicenter at 194 Lund Rd, like GNG and others who are around BG on a daily basis I have talked to over the 2nd and 3rd hand information.

Thanks for clarifying up some 2nd and 3rd hand points by others on this situation, GNG.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:12 am

Looking back at most the comments and trying to figure out a REASON as to why this occurred - it appears both sides are saying the same thing.

Lets break down the issues.

Who is behind this?

Parents. Ok, some say a single parent, others say a group - semantics. Parents are behind this. Bottom line is everybody is saying parents. Except BG - they say it was the plan all along.

Was ToJo given a choice?

Maybe? Does it even matter? We'll probably never know. Those around the program say No.

Does ToJo WANT to coach football?

This really hasn't been discussed - but its a fair question. If he did so badly, why would he still be at BG? Just finishing out the year? If I was told to step down from the thing that I loved most I would be outta there looking for a replacement job. Especially if I was the best coach in the State. Wouldn't have to look too long. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he WANTS to be the AD, and that's it!

Did the infamous Party at the Green's have anything to do with this?

Well - if parents are behind this as I think we can all agree upon, then I'm sure there were some complaints. Probably not enough to have him step down as FB coach so I think that point is mute. Sure, there were disgruntled parents, but you're not going to fire the reigning Div II champ head coach over it. It wasn't even Football Season. I'd think if there was an issue with how he handled other players in other sports it would have affected his AD position not FB.

What about the "Incident"?

This is going back to parents being the root cause of the dismissal. Again though - wouldn't that have affected his AD job, not FB? To be honest, if my kid got a concussion and was told to keep playing - I'd probably hold a grudge too, and the rest of you would as well. Maybe not to the extent this mother did, but that's life threatening stuff there that needs to be addressed. Sounds like BG did with the dismissal of the coach in question. This parent just couldn't let it go (supposedly)

GNG, I respect your word. Goldenbear, I respect yours. And most others that have chimed in.

If this situation is so wrong, why is ToJo still working for BG? Seems like he could have any job he wanted, probably college level too...Why then, BG? Why take the abuse? The media circus? The Forum circus? The blog circus? Why? Just move on to somewhere that appreciates you.

Again, I really can't wait to hear the next public comment on this. All we know so far is that "this was the plan all along". How'd that work out for ya?

Last edited by The Assistant on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 am

Tuesday and Friday wrote: Re: Tony Johnson Done As Coach at BG
goldenbear on Mon 6 Jun - 22:50

"I dont get why the pro Tojo crowd is the truth like the assistant said they have no more first hand info then the others"

What I find funny is that people who are much further away from the 194 Lund Rd epicenter send out their opinions, 2nd and 3rd hand information. That's fine, but then they castigate people who are in the 194 Lund Rd epicenter on a daily basis. I find that funny. I'll take the word of people who are in the epicenter at 194 Lund Rd, like GNG and others who are around BG on a daily basis I have talked to over the 2nd and 3rd hand information.

Thanks for clarifying up some 2nd and 3rd hand points by others on this situation, GNG.

Hate to call you out here T&F but you're opinions and support have been VERY clear throughout this thread - and I'm pretty sure you don't live in and around 194 Lund Rd. You're going off a trusted individuals word. Just like everybody else that's posting comments one way or another. Aren't your opnions 2nd and 3rd hand as well?

I think its great we have people so close to the situation, and obviously rumors are running wild in the Nashua region. Just b/c somebody isn't deep in the 194 Lund Rd web doesn't mean they aren't hearing good information. People are just sharing what they heard from trusted individuals - same things as you, T&F, so I don't think you should find it funny at all that they are posting what they believe to be fact.

As I stated before - I'm not involved in this situation one bit other than rumors I've heard 2nd and 3rd hand. I'm choosing to remain neutral b/c of this. I'm taking everything that is written with a grain of salt, some of you need to do the same, realize that there may be more than one version of the truth out there as well. I have a feeling not one person has the whole story here.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I would say this, unless you are stating that you, yourself, have actually talked directly to the individuals involved your info is by definition 2nd hand at best. As I said before it is unlikely that the general public will ever know the complete real story. The most likely outcome here will be the continuing flow of non-1st-hand chatter.

I would add this for what little it is worth. Many here have stated Johnson is well off financially. Does anyone know if he did bring his own legal counsel into it? If this was such an important job to him why not hire your own lawyer and fight for it? Basing it on the latest info that this is happening because of one ticked-off parent, surely it would have been worth his going the extra mile for it. I would think if there truly is nothing wrong with his handling of this or other situations, he would want a complete and public cleaning of this slate. If for no other reason that he would not have to deal with issue again if he choose to coach again.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I thought people might find this interesting. I posted on the Union Leader story about the similarities between the Central track coach and The TOJO Situation. There were already 45 comments by 11 am . Pretty much 45-0 against the parents that are suing. All of a sudden ZERO comments are up there.

T@F met someone today in his travels. Someone very close to all of this. Long story short, this person suggested that someone should write a book entitled "Parents who ruin sports".

Maybe I should write it.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Looks like whatever you wrote prompted them to close comments on the story!

http://unionleader.com/article/20110608/NEWS04/706089965

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 pm

I was tame compared to some of the responses.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Yea I'm sure it wasn't you - they don't exactly moderate over there or expect any level of sanity in the comments.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:55 pm

According to this 30 day old article (I missed it) from the Telegraph Johnson DOES want to keep coaching football. But there are no quotes to back that up.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/sportshighschoolsports/918619-221/bg-can-only-hope-football-remains-on.html

I think Tom King pretty much has the same take a lot of us here do...whole situation is just...strange.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:08 pm

"Hate to call you out here T&F but you're opinions and support have been VERY clear throughout this thread - and I'm pretty sure you don't live in and around 194 Lund Rd. You're going off a trusted individuals word. Just like everybody else that's posting comments one way or another. Aren't your opnions 2nd and 3rd hand as well?"
The Asst.

With all due respect Asst...... and yes I will confirm what GNG said I did talk to some one today VERY CLOSE to the 194 Lund Rd situation and it wasn't 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information.......

...........With all due respect.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum