@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Tony Johnson Done As Coach at BG

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tony Johnson Done As Coach at BG

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 am

Memo to Forum Members:

Please use discretion when making posts on this Forum. There is still a term called:

Defamation of Character

In this age of internet, fast information and the "every one sees it" age, it is wise to think 3 times before putting something out for internet consumption. It wouldn't be prudent to open yourself up for a law suit unless you like doing things like that.

Words to remember as you post in the future.

Thank You.

Tuesday and Friday

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy Carl Everett on Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 am

Just so I'm clear. As you can see, I was asked by a fellow moderator to provide details. I did. I'm not out to defame anybody and as I said earlier, I have no rooting interest here. I do think, as in any situation, the facts should be presented and people can form their own opinions. Many earlier posts mentioned there is more to the story on his leaving the football coaching position. It appears that there certainly is. It is your perogative to delete any posts you want, but I'll stand by what I stated at the request of a fellow moderator.

Crazy Carl Everett
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JT_nh_hs_fan on Sun May 22, 2011 9:53 am

Perhaps my request should have been a bit more specific. I should have stated if you have first hand knowledge then state it. Otherwise do not bother. I took this position because a poster was insinuating that the school was in a compromised position, that there were very specific reasons that this coach should be grateful he had a job at all and that the media was spinning the entire story. My position was if you know facts state them, otherwise do not bother making these kinds of allegations.

JT_nh_hs_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 am

This Forum is not and I repeat NOT for reporting details like that. I have it on good source your information was not true.

If you want to start your own Forum and post information like that, then go right ahead.

FYI - Have the family attorney close by for correspondence, because you will need it when you post information like that.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy Carl Everett on Sun May 22, 2011 11:22 am

I'm assuming you know all the facts if you are able to dismiss my points. Is there any reason why you can't post why he is no longer the football coach at BG? From reading your earlier post, you don't believe what the press and the BG Administration is putting out there either. If what I heard is not true I'd like share the facts with my sources.

Crazy Carl Everett
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sun May 22, 2011 11:41 am

I think we all need to take a breath here. Just be careful what you post. I wouldn't post a rumor that was 3rd or 4th hand knowledge. We try to keep rumors to a minimum on the forum. We are all just posters here, you make your own bed, and you will have to sleep in it the rest of your time on the forum. Just make sure you're posting what you know to be fact and there won't be a problem. If you're going on someone close the situations word - they better be darn close and you better trust them.

What you posted Carl was heresay and there was nothing in that information that can be validated by anybody that I, or other moderators, know that are close to the situation.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy Carl Everett on Sun May 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Not a big deal. I replied to your message Assistant. Last time I'll post in public about this but I'll stand by what I was told until somebody presents some facts the can denounce what was shared. I could be wrong, but I think all you are going to get on this site is heresay so I don't see why my comments are different or less worthy than anyone elses other than they don't help immortalize they guy.

Crazy Carl Everett
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 am

Crazy Carl Everett wrote:Not a big deal. I replied to your message Assistant. Last time I'll post in public about this but I'll stand by what I was told until somebody presents some facts the can denounce what was shared. I could be wrong, but I think all you are going to get on this site is heresay so I don't see why my comments are different or less worthy than anyone elses other than they don't help immortalize they guy.

Your comments were different b/c they potentially implicated the coach in something that is quite controversial. I don't think other comments so far have attacked an individual.

Other comments have certainly poked blame on the institution, but an Institution like BG or a public school is open to criticism based on the nature of their operations. I'd simply prefer that contributors to the forum do not make allegations against an individual unless they are absolute fact and there are details and sources to back them up.

You are right though - almost everything on this site is hearsay, its what a forum is all about. Doesn't mean we can't be respectful of people and treat them the way you'd like to be treated. And that goes for everybody, myself, moderators and contributors included.

Admin

Back to top Go down

everyone at BG knows who is behind this

Post  GNG on Thu May 26, 2011 10:35 pm

There is a letter being circulated around BG that has my signature along with a ton of other players, alumni, students, fans,etc.... ThIs letter is wriiten by A DOCTOR whose son plays at BG. It is an UNBELIEVABLE LETTER.

As soon as I GET THE GREENLIGHT , the forum readers will have an EXCLUSIVE before it hits THE newspapers.

Was there anyone who doubted that I would get to the bottom of this ? This is TONY JOHNSON we are talking about. They should be naming a field after him, not kicking him out the door.

Last edited by The Assistant on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some of the accusations were heresay about individuals without factual backing (same reason we edited Crazy Carls post))

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu May 26, 2011 10:42 pm

The NH Sports Forum is very much looking forward to seeing this letter. The NH Sports Forum will be happy to be the first informational entity to post this important letter to show what is happening in support of Tony Johnson and his recent......

"Stepping Down"

From his position as football coach at BG.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu May 26, 2011 10:53 pm

I see no harm in sharing a letter...please leave out all names etc. as to not implicate or accuse anybody of anything at this point.

Green-light given (you really don't need my permission - just keep it cordial and I'm good with most topics).

That said if its not something that I feel this forum is about I maintain the right to take anything down I feel is inappropriate or offensive to an individual, school, player or team. I do not think that will be the case here...sounds like a A LOT of concerned parents looking to get to the bottom of a very public and contested issue.

Do tell.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm

One constant theme I see through this whole situation is when any one supports Tojo they put their name to it. When ever I see or receive information trying to tear Tojo down there is never a name to it. Whether it be postings on here or private messages all I hear from the Tojo criticizers is "a coach told me" or "I have it from a very good source." When I ask these people to give me names of "this coach" or the "very good source" I never receive a name. I think this speaks volumes.

Memo to people trying to tear down the reputation of Tojo:

If you are going to make accusations and try to destroy some one's reputation, put your manhood or womanhood on the line. Don't go throwing here say and vile vitriolic propaganda out there with a foundation of jealousy and not knowing any thing except to try to put some one to damnation without any facts or names to back it up.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

What Really?

Post  chicagokid43 on Fri May 27, 2011 12:56 am

This is a Blog we do not have to name names, anonymity is part of it.. blah blah blah. You cannot have it both ways T and F.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 am

ChiKid- I'm not just talking about this blog. There are other informational sources where accusations are made where no one backs it up.

Don't worry. there will be a lot of people that will put there name to things. Like I said there is the private message part of this Forum, as you well know, where information is exchanged and more sensitive material is talked about. NAMES are talked about back and forth. I have exchanged names with YOU on PMs before where it wasn't posted on the regular Forum, so don't give me the blah, blah, blah and you can't have it both ways argument.

Like I said, I have asked for names of "alleged sources", both on PM and in person and people can't seem to release them which seems to crack the foundation of their views or accusations.

Correct, we don't have to give out names on the public Forum, but in private when it is person to person and some one can't produce, then they lose all respectability from me.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 am

chicagokid43 wrote:This is a Blog we do not have to name names, anonymity is part of it.. blah blah blah. You cannot have it both ways T and F.

You mean a forum.

You can name your own names all you want. I would rather this does not become a place of accusations where those accused may not be able to represent themselves.

ANYTHING posted on this site is rumor until it comes out in public or is backed up with documentation or a reference link. The NH Sports Forum is not, and does not claim to be an actual media outlet although some members and contributors may indeed be print, radio or web media members.

Admin

Back to top Go down

T an F

Post  chicagokid43 on Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

That being said your foundation would be cracked as well since I also in PM asked you your source for the facts being that you are not a BG Alumni nor a parent of anyone involved. I do not want to beat a dead horse here and I am not arguing that the forum should be anonymous. I am saying that this article is just like all the others where opinion is published and done so anonymously. The fact remains that while we should not be spreading rumors or trying to purposely tarnish anyones image the site is a anonymous site with sign on names and not actual identities. That being the case anonymity has to be accepted in every case or not at all. Just be consistent.

I take tons of heat on here for my opinions and post. However being that everyone knows who I am if I say something that someone takes personally I am easy to find and never avoid any discussion. I personally think this is the best way but the administrators do not share that opinion and since they do not it is wrong to say that just because someone is anonymous their print is less dependable than anyone else. If that is the case everything I have ever blogged here is a fact!

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Seeing you are not a BG alumni or a parent of some one involved then why would you care also?

As far as names involved, we are not just talking about some one saying a coach stinks or questioning a coach's strategy. This one is a little different.

"I take tons of heat on here for my opinions and post."
ChiKid

Ya think?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Yes and I am fine with that

Post  chicagokid43 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Yes and I am fine with that. I would rather be outspoken and opinionated than to be one of the ones who bash anonymously any day. The world is full of bloggers and forum gurus who sit at the computer and give their input both positive and negative and are never held accountable for what they say. If and when I say something I believe it and stand up for my point of view. I wish the rest of the names on this forum and others were not anonymous.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 am

Here I am...trying to enjoy the Bruins first trip to the NHL Finals in 21 years (since I was the weeeeeee age of 10 and didn't even know hockey was a sport) and ChiKid is bantering about anonymity.

Spare me ChiKid. I'm gonna do it publicly this time. Go find me a forum on the internet that requires your REAL name, and I'll require people here to post theirs.

A forum...NOT A BLOG MIND YOU....a FORUM....is a place for people to come and post anonymously. It's about rumors and opinions. That's it. We don't claim to be anything else.

ANYTHING posted on the forum should be taken with a grain of salt. A contributor or poster is only as good as the information they've provided in the past. You only get credit for what you post based on the validity of your past words. That is what a FORUM is all about. Please don't confuse this with a BLOG (which should be based on your hard work, time put forth AND words put to paper - ie Jeremy's Blog). The Forum is a space for each of you reading this post to voice your opinions, game reports, and any other information the choose to share without the fear of ridicule or oppression.

ALL that said...one of T&F's point is - if you're going to post information on this subject, you better be able to back it up with FACT. Whether it be a news article, or a VERY good source, I don't want to read "He said", "She said" BS here. Not gonna deal with it. If you can't man up and give your sources, then maybe it's better off left unsaid until a real news source reports it. NHSF is not a real news source. Yet. We're just a group of guys and gals who share information for the convenience of others.

ChiKid - I've said this to you before, you don't like the way things are done here? No problem my friend.... CLICK HERE

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Sat May 28, 2011 12:50 am

Ok - back to ToJo...My opinion? At this point, I don't care what happened in the past or what was promised or what wasn't. Bottom line - The guy was a god damn good coach for BG. Seems weird he's being let go (or asked to move downsize, move on, or "voluntarily stepping down" - whatever the spin is). If I were him I'd go somewhere I was appreciated. Probably college level. Grab a football job moving towards a coaching career where I'm respected for the product I put on the field.

And that's coming from a 31 yr old guy who has no kid at BG, lives an hour from BG, admittedly barely follows NH HS football and only has to look at the last 10 years of NHIAA DII statistics to know this guy knows what the F he's doing.

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by The Assistant on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chicagokid43 on Sat May 28, 2011 1:37 am

Time to move on. This poster just doesn't get it and probably never will.

Last edited by Tuesday and Friday on Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Time to move on. This poster just doesn't get it.)

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Time for you to start your own Forum ChiKid

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat May 28, 2011 1:43 am

ChiKid, like the Asst said, it might be time for you to start your own Forum. Your welcome mat is pretty worn on the NH Sports Forum.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Wow so much for free speech ouch!

Post  basketballtime on Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 am

I feel a bit of tension in the air what ever happened to agree to disagree???

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 pm

There is free speech and then..... there is......

Beating the dead horse, chopping it up, boiling it and then serving dead horse stew. This is a case of the latter as opposed to the former, B-balltime.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

From Camelot to Camelsh**. THE END OF AN ERA

Post  GNG on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:16 am

My advice to AD Tony Johnson, Coach Mignault, Coach Edwards,Coach Painter, Coach Tenhave, actually all the coaches is get the heck out of DODGE.

Last edited by The Assistant on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Anti-BG or Brother Marc stuff removed. Don't want the forum to be the place for that.)

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum