@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Halfway thru 6-3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halfway thru 6-3

Post  GNG on Fri May 06, 2011 12:24 am

All I have to say about this game is that it was played in Keene. Enough said..

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: Halfway thru 6-3

Post  FullCount on Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 am

Tomorrow is a new day..... you'll feel better tomorrow GNG -- Go BG!

FullCount
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  123ksurout on Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 am

what BG couldn't buy a way into only home games??? if only everyone could play at home ;-) it is what it is - 2 men enter, 1 man leaves -- same cage.

123ksurout
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 am

All I hope is that 123's team travels to Keene to play and has the same umps.Everybody on this site knows I NEVER complain about refs,officials,or umps. Let's just say the Keene home plate ump had a very UNIQUE strike zone. The sad part was it surprised nobody. "Your in Chinatown Jake,nobody cares".
That being said, here is the recap. BG jumped to an early3-0 lead,Jim Kelly doubled, Gilcrest singled,Joe Mac singles,Chartrand hits a bomboff the left center field wall.Parents are talking ten run rule, early ride home. A walk and single later, Remi hits a gap shot laser between left center, double for sure 2 more rbi's. This center fielder{gotta find out his name} who I saw make an outstanding catch against North, not only catches it,but throws to second for double play. Uncle MO now playing for Keene.
Big Joe Mac took the mound for BG. He is their number 3 and it was a great learning expierience for him. In a nutshell if the Keene player didn't swing the ump didn't call it a strike.Keene had their big inning in the 3rd, bases juiced their leadoff hitter crushes one off the wall for a bases clearing double,next kid up hits the left field wall for another double.
Keene's pitcher got hurt in the second,and the kid they brought in threw strikes, not very fast mind you, but strikes. He shut them down for the rest of the game.
Pat Clapp came in the 6th inning for BG and pitched 2 scoreless innings. The kid has been fantastic in relief, yet to give up a run in 3 games. He also belted a double. Final score 5-3.
If there is a team that these kids want to see in the playoffs it's Keene. Hopefully in Nashua, not Chinatown

Last edited by GNG on Fri May 06, 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 am

Cannot/won't comment on umpires :-)... Keene does have a home field advantage mainly because of the travel. I wasn't there last night, but I know BG got a quick 3-0 lead in the top of the first, but didn't score any more from there. I was told Keene's starter got hurt and was replaced by someone who induced lots of grounders and pop-ups - that's baseball. On the other side, Joe gave up a couple of big hits and those turned out to be the difference. Joe is still a bit raw as a pitcher and eventually they'll catch up to his fastball. Consider that Monday they got 6 2/3's innings of 85-88 MPH Kyle Turner, Joe's fastball must have looked like BP speed...

Today it's Winnicunnet who it seems didn't play North yesterday.... Strange - I thought it was policy to make up your games on the "next possible" day where Thursday is one of those days that's supposed to be used for makeups. Should be a good one this afternoon at Holman.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 am

"The check is in the mail."

"The dog ate my home work."

"I'm late for work because of traffic."

"Mr Jablonsky, I didn't know the test was today?!!"

And now........ "We lost because the game was in Keene."

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  123ksurout on Fri May 06, 2011 9:01 am

Not the umpire card!! -- that opens up a whole can of worms and I have been biting my modem NOT saying anything. On to the next half of the season unfolding.

123ksurout
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 am

410 posts never played that card. I have built up credibility on this site, so if I write something take it to the bank. On to the rest of the season.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri May 06, 2011 9:13 am

"I didn't know the mortgage payment was due by the 1st of the month?"

"Mr Jablonsky, why did the test go over material I didn't study for?"

"We lost our game because IT WAS PLAYED IN KEENE !!!"

GNG, you are still the best, Brotha !!!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG on Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 am

Actual conversation before the game. I said "boy that ride sucks", another parent said" the only thing worse then the ride is the Keene umps". Another parent said "their last time in Keene the whole coaching staff from their senior babe ruth team got thrown out by the umps". Those conversations happened before the game. Anybody that knows high school sports knows that when you go to Keene NOTHING should surprise you.
T@F, you would have been proud of me, I didn't make 1 comment about the postage stamp strike zone being enforced when BG was in the field. Several of the other parents were quite vocal, I was good. I wish JAF was there, he is my voice of reason.
I will leave you with this, earlier in the week a group of us were having a conversation about how outstanding the umpiring has been so far. One person said "we haven't been to Keene yet". Not saying they lost because of the umps, but they sure didn't help. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
More reasons to hate Keene. That giant who picked my kid up and slammed him to the ground {legal hit} to seperate his shoulder in the semi finals of football this year. No No
Keene State, it's where I met my wife of 26 years. If only I didn't go there that weekend I would be living the life in Vegas with a posse of beautiful women Very Happy Very Happy

OK, I have vented, now on to the rest of the season. : sunny sunny
Hey T@F I just thought of something if you double 6-3 what does it come up to?

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  nyk on Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 pm

JAF wrote:..

Today it's Winnicunnet who it seems didn't play North yesterday.... Strange - I thought it was policy to make up your games on the "next possible" day where Thursday is one of those days that's supposed to be used for makeups. Should be a good one this afternoon at Holman.

Hi JAF, North did try to get the Winnacunnet game played Thursday, but it didn't work out. North is faced with a 5-game week starting on Monday, May 6th. I hope we fare well over this stretch. At least there won't be any shortage of baseball games!

nyk
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum