@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

File this under records can be deceiving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

File this under records can be deceiving

Post  GNG on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Keene has 4 wins. Let's look a little closer at their record my sports forum friends. They beat division 2 Con Val{ who only have 1 win}, they also beat Brattleboro VT. They took a 1-0 forfeit over Spaulding. Their only real win over a division 1 team is against South. The reason I bring this up is that Keene is usually a very strong baseball program. I just have a feeling that they might not be as potent as years past.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Re: File this under records can be deceiving

Post  bb603 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Also, with the point system Keene does not have the points posted on NHIAA.org.

Games against a non D1 team are worth fewer points. Keene should only get 3 points for a win at home against a D2 team, ConVal. I would assume they should only get 4 points for a win against non D1 Brattleboro for an away game.

NHIAA needs a backbone.

All D1 teams should play every other D1 team. There's only 18 teams. Suck it up and travel. My son's team will have to travel to Keene 3 out of 4 years to play on a sub-standard field. Play other games if you want to but suck it up and play all the other D1 teams.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bb603 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Sorry, there are 19 D1 teams, so every D1 team should play 18 games that count for the record.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  bb603 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Spaulding wimped out and didn't travel to Keene???

Dammit, after Memorial handed them a win on 4-15 w/ 6 errors in the 4th inning they could man up and travel out to Keene and play a game.

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am

Not sure I'd call it wimped out... Have to imagine the actions the Spaulding Administration and Coaches took caused quite a stir especially for a public school. Not sure how many players were removed from the team, but it seems like it had to be quite a few... If your HS roster can have 18 players and it takes 9 to field a team, well do the math. Whether they carry 18 is unknown, but even if they carry 14 - that's still more than a handful. Could be a tough rest of the season for Spaulding.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  bb603 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 am

I was given the impression that Spaulding just forfeited, sounds like there is more to the story. Nothing that I was aware of.

Not often you see a line drive home run like that laser at Holman last night!

bb603
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:47 pm

I thought there already was a link to the story, but for context here it is again

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110427/GJSPORTS_01/704279899/-1/FOSSPORTS

They were able to field a team against Winnicunnet, but they lost.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum