New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Milford HS Hockey

2 posters

Go down

Milford HS Hockey Empty Milford HS Hockey

Post  jfreelove Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Does anyone know how or why Milford High School does not have a hockey team? Has anyone ever looked into this? I would like to try and start this through out the town I am curious if anyone else has looked into this in the past. Any information will be helpful. Thanks, Joe

jfreelove
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Milford HS Hockey Empty Re: Milford HS Hockey

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:20 pm

They tried one year just trying to see how many people were interested and they couldn't get enough just to say they were interested, but that was a few years back.

Back to top Go down

Milford HS Hockey Empty Milford Had a Team

Post  boxout Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Way, way back in the day Milford had a team. There was a rink in the area of Hendrix. I know they did try to bring it back a couple of years ago and the reception wasn't great from the kids. I know I am going to take heat for this, hockey is the most expensive sport there is. Do you really think that taxpayers in Milford are going to let a team take a bus to Nashua every single day for practice and games? I doubt it. Take a look at LaCrosse at Milford, I don't believe it is even a varsity sport yet, still a club sport. In some sports Milford has trouble fielding teams.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm

The boys Lacrosse has been d3 for quite some time now. They did have a club girls team but the interest constantly declined so they did away with it. I agree that I don't think that there are the funds for hockey right now in Milford and I still don't think there is enough kids willing to play to play.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down