New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Division II Boys Tournament

+3
boxout
chicagokid43
EBlessNHSP
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Division II Boys Tournament

Post  EBlessNHSP Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 pm

NHSP Has the bracket matchups - http://www.nhsportspage.com/basketball/tournament.php?tournament_id=97&division=Division%20II&year=

I'll go with

Milford
Bedford
Pelham
Oyster River

Portsmouth
Hanover
Pembroke
Souhegan

No real surprises - the OR/Goffstown game is kind of a tossup.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty I agree with you but Goofstown vs OR will be good game.

Post  chicagokid43 Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:45 pm

I agree with you,
The real questions will be round two. Can Milford come ready to play against Bedford and not be over confident with the easier win this season?
Is Spirou healthy enough to keep Oyster River/Goffstown from getting a win? I Say YES!
Can Pembroke handle the size of Souhegan. This match intrigues me also. Souhegan has taken some losses lately without Gilligan but if he plays I am not sure who can guard him on Pembroke.
Portsmouth will be at UNH, no questions there.

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Doing Homework

Post  boxout Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Seeing I have today off I am doing some homework. Many are impressed with Goffstown this year, including the media. Think that has more to do with being next to Manchester and close to Union Leader and Channel 9.
Here are some interesting facts about Goffstown:

Record Versus other DII Schools W L %
143 181 44

Record on the Road 5 4 55

Record on Road against 2 4 33
Playoff teams

Record VS. Non Playoff teams 6 0 100

Record VS. Playoff teams 8 4 66

Record Versus 1-4 Seeds 0 1 0
Record Versus 5-8 Seeds 1 0 100
Record Versus 9-12 Seeds 2 3 40
Record Versus 13-16 Seeds 5 0 100

*** This team never played Pembroke, Pelham, Portsmouth, Lebanon, Coe-Brown, Kingswood, all playoff teams.
I hope these numbers are accurate. Thank you to the Assistant for supplying the web page. Why is it that I see sometimes in both NHIAA and the NHSportspage, that the Home Team is always on top of Box Score, it is suppose to be the other way around. Home team is always on the bottom.
Remember folks these are just numbers, take them as you wish. I love breaking down schedules and match-ups. I am thinking Bedford is next. I am picking these teams because they seem to be the ones that are being discussed the most. Chi-Kid be careful of Bedford, there win streak is good, but the competition is average or below.

Last edited by boxout on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Hanover Win, Just Cleaning Up. LOL)

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Bedford Nice Gamble Chi-Kid

Post  boxout Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Chi-Kid after a thorough investigation of the Bedford Bulldogs, you maybe right. This team has had one of the tougher schedules in all of DII.

W L %
Record VS. Other DII Schools 166 158 51

Record on the Road 5 4 55

Record on Road Against Playoff Teams 2 4 33

Record Versus Non-Playoff teams 6 0 100

Record Versus Playoff teams 6 6 50

Record VS Seeds 1-4 0 4 00
Record VS Seeds 5-8 1 2 33
Record VS Seeds 9-12 3 0 100
Record VS. Seeds 13-16 1 0 100

*****This team never played Pembroke, Hanover, Coe-Brown, Merrimack Valley, Kingswood, and Kearsarge all playoff teams.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Milford Spartans

Post  boxout Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:09 pm

The Defending Champs Milford Spartans

W L %
Opponent Record 152 170 47

Record on Road 9 0 100

Record on Road against playoff teams 5 0 100

Record VS. Non playoff teams 7 0 100

Record against playoff teams 11 0 100

Record VS 1-4 Seeds 2 0 100
Record VS 5-8 Seeds 2 0 100
Record VS 9-12 Seeds 4 0 100
Record VS 13-16 Seeds 2 0 100

This team never faced Pembroke, Lebanon, Coe-Brown, Merrimack Valley, and Kingswood, as well as Laconia.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Teams Milford played

Post  basketballtime Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm

I believe Milford played Coe Brown in the Keene tourney didn't they?

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Re: Division II Boys Tournament

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 pm

basketballtime wrote:I believe Milford played Coe Brown in the Keene tourney didn't they?

You are correct sir.

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Division 2 Bracket

Post  chicagokid43 Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 pm

1) Milford 1) Milford 1) Milford 1) Milford 1) Milford I am sure this does not shock anyone. How could I pick anyone else... lol
16) Laconia 9) Bedford 4) Pelham 2) Portsmouth

Cool Coe Brown 12) Oyster River 3) Portsmouth
9) Bedford 4) Pelham 10) Souhegan

5) Goffstown 3) Portsmouth
12) Oyster River 6) Hanover

4) Pelham 10) Souhegan
13) Kingswood 2) Pembroke

3) Portsmouth
14) John Stark

6) Hanover
11) Merrimack Valley

7) Lebanon
10) Souhegan

2) Pembroke
15) Kearsarge

chicagokid43
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty My Picks for the first Round

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 am

Laconia @ Milford...Milford's scoreboard watching to see who they get to play for a 2nd time, in the 2nd Round. No disrespect to Laconia but I don't think anyone's expecting a "Miracle" moment here

Bedford @ Coebrown- hard to believe the 8. 9. game is between 2 teams that are 12-6. Both teams come in rolling to this game CB has won 7 of there last 8 games, and Bedford finished the season on a 6 game win streak with 2 wins of Souhegan and a nice win vs Goffstown. Although both are rolling I think Bedford is playing there best basketball right now and take this game by about 7-10 points.

Kingswood @ Pelham- Another game I don't think will be that close. Kingswood has only 2 wins against playoff teams and both are against the 16 seeded Laconia other than that they have struggled against quality teams. Don't think Spirou's still hurt but I see him getting some extra rest for that ankle, Pelham wins Big.

Oyster River @ Goffstown- Again very hard to believe that Oyster River is 11-7 and the 12 seed but they are. I think this is the first round game to go to atleast in D2 if not all of the playoffs. I wouldn't say Oyster River is stumbling into the playoffs but they certainly seemed to have been demoralized by that tough loss against Milford, including that game they come in 5-5 after starting 6-1. I'm sure Goffstown would love to redeem themseleves after losing by 23 earlier in the season to OR in durham, they're going to want to run and do there best to have the game in the 80's or above. I'm struggling picking this one, have changed my mind about 8 times since starting this post. I really want to say OR wins this game maybe because they won by 23 earlier but I'm going to say Goffstown plays there style of ball and shoots very well at home and wins this one in a close battle.

Kearsarge @ Pembroke- They played in the regular season in North Sutton and Pembroke won by 5. I don't think this one will be close. Pembroke's lack of depth won't come into play this game but it may in the 2nd round when they either have to play Leb or Souhegan

Souhegan @ Leb- Souhegan a 10 seed at 12-6 again, mind boggling how much depth there is in D2 this year. They just played in Leb and Leb got the best of Souhegan winning by 2, but Gilligan didn't play in that game. Gilligan hasn't played too much in the stretch leading up to the playoffs, he could be a little rusty. Another tough game to pick and another great game to check out if you're willing to take the ride. I think Souhegan goes out Leb and picks up the win in a tight game.

John Stark @ Portsmouth- Stark maybe one of the most dangerous 14 seeds in a while. They have a very good coach, and have the ability to shoot the lights out also have a young big man in Grattan who is rough around the edges, but he is 6'8 and should help Stark on the boards a lot as PHS doesn't have that kind of size. Portsmouth also has a very good coach, are a very solid defensive team they are holding there opponents to 41 points a game. This game has the potential to be a very good game but also could get out of hand, really depends on how Stark shoots. I think even if this game is close, Walker and Dicearse in the end will be too much.

Merrimack Valley @ Hanover- I know very little about MV, but they are another team that didn't fare well against playoff teams only teams they beat are Laconia twice and Kingswood both teams that should be bounced 1st round. I think Hanover takes this one pretty easy.

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 am

Great analysis bigman. Always love the d2 perspective. I think both tournaments are going to be great. It looks to me that both divisions are going to have some unbelievable second round games.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:49 am

I appreciate yours as well on D1, especially since I have yet to attend a D1 game this year it gives me some insight on what I should expect when I go check out some of the D1 first and 2nd round games.

Back to top Go down

Post  GNG Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:51 am

I was going to Milford , but after reading your piece I decided to go to Goffstown .I will go to Milford on Saturday. I am also hoping John Stark pulls an upset my cousin's kid is Leblond.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Official Matchups:

Division II Boys Tournament Nhiaa_11
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Quick n Dirty with MS Paint

Post  1380TheSportsAnimal Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Just picking the first round for now:

Division II Boys Tournament Nhiaa_10
1380TheSportsAnimal
1380TheSportsAnimal
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:56 pm

I like your picks, Animal. I'll tell you one thing. No matter who wins the Lebanon - Souhegan game it will be a great game at Pembroke on Saturday night. I was at the Bow at Pembroke quarterfinal last year and that was a great game that went to the final possession. There was an awesome atmosphere also. Come to think of it 2 years ago I was at Pembroke when they hosted Milford in that quarterfinal game which went down to the wire. I might have to make it to 3 Pembroke quarterfinal games in a row.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty GOOD LUCK TO MILFORD

Post  GNG Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Defend the crown.

GNG
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Milford is absolutely destroying Laconia 25-9 with a couple minutes left in the 1st. O'Laughlin must have close to 15 if not more. Him and Holder had back to back dunks early. Their defense is stifilng. Laconia has no PG capable of handling the ball. Mitchell hasn't even really gotten involved yet...
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Milford leads 33-13 after 1. O'Laughlin has really been on fire and Holder a catalyst on defense and finishing on the break. Turnovers are absolutely killing Laconia and leading to easy layups and dunks for Milford. Laconia started in a zone and Milford proceeded to hit 4 or 5 three's.

Kamara (sp.) has been a bright spot for Laconia finishing at the rim and making some athletic plays.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Portsmouth HS leads John Stark 33-22 with 5 minutes to play in the 2nd quarter.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Oyster River and Goffstown tied up at 26 late in the first half.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Halftime at Portsmouth - they lead John Stark 45-34.

Milford is up about 30 at halftime vs. Laconia. On pace for over 100. I'm sure they'll rest their starters. Lots of turnovers for Laconia is leading to lots of highlights for Milford. Holder had a nice steal he got turned around at about halfcourt and threw a no-look over the head pass (while facing Laconia's basket) to O'Laughlin who got fouled on the layup attempt. Back to back dunks in the first quarter...

O'Laughlin has 27 points...in 2 quarters. He's been on the recieving end of many of the breakaways - but also has hit at least 3 three's and all his Free Throws. Nice performance so far.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Updates...

Milford up 59-29 after 3. The beat continues. I might add this game has been officiated very well.

Portsmouth up big, 62-39 over John Stark

Oyster River up 3 over Goffstown 33-30 at the half.
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Pelham over Kingswood 74-58.

Milford over Laconia 80-38

Bedford over Coe-Brown 60-53

Souhegan over Lebanon 59-49

Hanover over Merrimack Valley 71-49

Portsmouth over John Stark 74-52

Pembroke over Kearsage 50-45

Oyster River over Goffstown in the "upset" of the night 79-63 although several here predicted it
EBlessNHSP
EBlessNHSP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Division II Boys Tournament Empty Nice

Post  boxout Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Thank you for the updates The Assistant. It is nice to know what is going on.

boxout
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Milford over Laconia 80-38, Milford opened the first 4 or 5 minutes with 17-3 lead. Like Assistant said back to back dunks. I'll try an keep this short. O'loughlin 32 Holder 20 Mitchell 6 close to 10 assists. Solid team rebounding game for Milford, they shot the ball very well from deep and got to the whole at will. I was most impressed by Milfords defense from everybody. There trapping was outstanding most defensive intensity that i've seen out of them all year I think at least from a team standpoint absolutely great to watch. Solid Contribution from Kyle Nelson blocking/changing shots and on the boards, as well as Logan Barlow little scoring and did a good job of controlling the boards and I thought Richie Moore continued his great definsive play and added a few buckets. Laconia lacked a ball-handler badly as Assistant said. Laconia must've turned it over 30+ times. One bright spot for them was #23 didn't catch a name but he did all he could while he was in there, he may have forced a little too much but to be honest he had too. Oh yeah, and I thought the officials were OUTSTANDING!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next