@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Coach playing for next year?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Coach playing for next year?

Post  goldenbear on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 am

One of those Freshman had 14 points in the game last night, again practice might be dictating all of this

goldenbear
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

If you can play you should play

Post  basketballtime on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:33 am

High school is not college or the NBA i agree however being a freshman or sophmore shouldn't exclude you from playing time on the court either. A senior or seniors who have not played up to the level it takes to get into the playoffs shouldn't really expect a coach to just let them finish it out. They should be leaders in that case and say hey i don't mind younger guys gettting some valuable minutes because i know it will help them in the long run. If they are not willing to do that then to me it just shows the selfishness of the out going senior or seniors and not the leadership yhou would hope they would have.

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

playing time should be the result of competing for it...

Post  Thomas on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:07 pm

The players that receive the playing time should be the ones that have demonstrated superior ability during the tryouts, practices, and games. The best team's practices are competitive in nature in order to determine who your strongest rotation should be and to make it clear that no one's spot should be taken for granted. Playing time should never be given, it should be earned. I don't think that it would be appropriate to simply "bench" say 3 or 4 seniors who had demonstrated ability in the recent past to be a rotation player in favor of a "youth movement" or "the future", but it is always appropriate to play your best players, no matter what classification they are. If a senior has dropped off in his level of performance or never was good enough to be in that rotation, then that senior shouldn't be playing

Thomas
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  EBlessNHSP on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

To continue with Thomas' train of thought, which I agree with...If you're taking your better players (lets say 2 Seniors) off the court to play lesser players, doesn't that deter the development of the other 3 players that were on the court? Kids get better by playing with better players around them.

Admin

http://nhsportspage.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 pm

I still wish I could read the article....

there are too many unknowns....is he playing the underclassmen over the seniors because they're working harder... showing up at practices? If so, that'd be fine even if they're lesser talented players....

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum