New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 2/19

2 posters

Go down

Friday 2/19 Empty Friday 2/19

Post  NH12345 Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:01 pm

A great 8-1 night on Tuesday brings me to 63-24. . . Here goes nothing. . .

Game of the Night presented by Billy's Sports Bar, the official meeting place of officials statewide #5 Exeter v. #2 Memorial-- This game has UNH written all over it. I truly believe this game could be 121-120 with the way both of these teams can score. The question is going to be who takes care of the ball and offensive rebounds. Whatever team takes the most shots this game will end up winning it. Memorial wins.

#6 North v. Concord-- Lane has struck gold with Alfonzo. . .add him to Hale, Silva and McCarthy, who in my opinion is the most underrated big man in the state, they are lining up for a deep run in March. Concord is improving their young talent is showing signs here and there, as I have said earlier they will be coming into their own soon, but North has already arrived. North wins.

South v. #3 Central-- Big win for the Little Green on Tuesday, hopefully they do not look past the Panthers. South needs to be more consistent from night to night. . . This is a game Central needs to win if they want to host 2 playoff games. Central wins.

Londonderry v. Keene-- I said it in the beginning of the year, Londonderry will be dangerous. Coleman is able to take over a game as much as anyone in the state. Keene needs this win to keep out of the 14-16 range of the bracket. Londonderry wins.

#8 Winnacunnet v. Pembroke-- Winnacunnet wins

Bishop Guertin v. #1 Pinkerton-- I'm sure everyone at this point knows my opinion on Pinkerton. Although BG has shown life here and there, they are a much better home team than on the road. Look for Olson to have a huge night. Pinkerton wins.

Alvirne v. Salem-- The big man for Salem needs a big night against the Broncos. After losing in Winnacunnet, this becomes a must win for the Blue Devils. Salem wins.

Spaulding v. Trinity-- Senior night for the Pioneers. . . I predict a huge night for Walsh. Trinity wins.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 2/19 Empty Re: Friday 2/19

Post  OntheBlock Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Also 8-1 on Tuesday. I'm also going to strike the Winni - Salem debacle from my record, I had Winni, but gave myself the loss. So, 68-19 on the season.

Alvirne 5-8 v Salem 5-8 Two gritty teams who battle every game. 8 players on the court tonight averaging around 10 points per game. With the return of Curtis, Salem has moved up a notch, and gets the win tonight.

BG 6-8 v. Pinkerton 12-2 - The Astros are the team to beat, but 3 of their big 4 have to show up. When they do, they win. When all 4 come to play they dominate. If only two are on, they are beatable. The Cardinals will have to keep their fingers crossed, and play solidly to have a chance. Tonight, Rizzo and Romick play dump in and kick out with Olson, and Morris goes 1 on 1 ( or 2 or 3 or 4... He doesnt care) and drops 20+. Astros win.

Exeter 10-3 @ Memorial 10-3 - game of the Night. First off, congrats to Cody Morrisette on his commitment to Boston College for Baseball. By the way, he can hoop as well. Tonight, Exeter's back court will match up well with the Crusaders. They will need to keep turnovers to a minimum to keep the score in the 70 point range in order to have a chance. This game comes down to the Hawks 3 through 7 players. Can they stay composed, and keep pace with the flying Crusaders? Winner solidifies a top 4 spot, the loser is on the outside looking in. I'm taking Memorial at home, their constant pressure will wear down Exeter.

Londonderry 6-7 @ Keene 5-8 - Londonderry is playing well enough to compete with top teams. Keene has cooled off as the season has gone on, but they compete every night. Reddy will move the Keene Bigs around, Corey gets his scraps off the weak side, and once Coleman, Gaw, and McDonald start dropping 3's, the lead extends, and the Lancers run away.
Nashua North 11-3 a Concord 2-11 - North is coming off a big rivalry win last night, and now have a serious 3rd option with Linton to support Silva, and Hale. The Titans also lead the league in buzzer beating shots, whether they need them or not. Concord seems to be a one trick pony, and thats not enough to beat this team. No let down tonight. North wins, and stays on Pinkerton's tail. ( p.s. - watch out for flying elbows.)

Spaulding 3-10 @ Trinity 5-9 - the Red Raiders could definitely use some playoff experience for their young team. It won't matter this year, but will set them up for the next 2-3 years. In the cave tonight, Trinity takes care of business.

Winni 8-5 @ Pembroke 0-14 - The Spartans nightmare continues tonight. The 9th and 10th graders on the team are gaining some painful, but good experience. In D2, the team will compete, and two years from now watch out! But, tonight, the Warriors maintain their lock on a home playoff game.

As we head into the last two weeks of the season, there are still many heavyweight battle to be fought. No one is a lock at any position, and no one is invincible. Going to be a great finish!

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down