@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Thursday Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thursday Games

Post  OntheBlock on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:13 am

5-1 on Tuesday & Wednesday brings the season record to 55-13. Two games on tap for Thursday.

Game of the night:
#4(?) Exeter(7-3) @ unranked(?) Winnicunnet (7-4) - The Basketball Power Poll may have these two teams ranked incorrectly. Exeter has been the beneficiary of one of the easier first half schedules, and began their tough second half schedule with a loss to Manchester Central on Tuesday night. They are now 1-3 vs. top ten teams, with their lone win coming over South at home on 1/22. They still have 5 of the top 10 teams left to play in Winni, Memorial, North, Pinkerton, and Bedford.
Winni has been just the opposite, and has faced the toughest schedule in the Division to date. Of their last 7 games, they only play 2 top 10 teams, Exeter and Central. In 7 games against top opponents, they are 3-4. And 3 of those losses came by a combined 6 points. This team could easily be 9-2 or 10-1. Couple that with a 5-0 record at home, with wins over Memorial, Pinkerton, and South, and it spells trouble for Exeter. With a win tonight, Winni could be looking at a 13-5 season record, and the potential of 2 home playoff games, where they are deadly. Winni wins!

Dover (2-9) @ Concord (1-9) - Dover is fighting to squeak into the playoffs where anything can happen. Dover goes on the road, and gets the win to extend their winning streak to two games.

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Re: Thursday Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:50 am

Central is playing at Londonderry tonight in a rescheduled game. Central is riding a 3 game streak including a nice home victory over Exeter. Londonderry is being ridden by a 3 game losing streak. They are in the back end of a brutal 8 game stretch on their schedule. The Lancers are 1 - 6 in their last 7 games. At the start of the season Londonderry was thought to be a Top 4 team by some and a Top 8 team by many. Now, the Lancers are jockeying in the #12 to #16 seed territory.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 am

4-2 between Tuesday and Wednesday brings me to 48-20 on the year. . . Here goes nothing. . .

#4 Exeter v. Winny-- I love rivalry games. . . this is going to be one of the best games of the year. Winny at home is a different ball club then when they are on the road. No doubt Exeter has had this game circled on their schedule all year. This game will have a UNH feel! The scoring ability of Exeter will be too much in this contest, especially on the big stage. Exeter wins an instant classic in Hampton.

Dover v. Concord-- Concord pulls together for their second win of the season. Concord wins.

#3 Central v. Londonderry-- I admit I was one who had Londonderry competing for a top 4 seed. With Jake Coleman and Coach Stanton I assumed they would have things figured out by now. They are still look like a team trying to figure it out, but on the positive a lot of guys getting varsity experience. I think they will be a tough match up as they have the ability to compete with all the top teams in the state. Central is the real deal. . . when they attack the rim regularly they are tough to beat, when they settle to live outside the 3 line (against Pinkerton), they become a very beatable team. Londonderry has no reason for Central not to attack the rim. Central wins.

Note in Londonderry's defense as well: They are playing the toughest schedule in D1. They are not playing Concord or Pembroke a combined 1-21 on the season, instead playing Merrimack and Pinkerton a second time, a combined 20-3 on the season. They are sitting at 4-7 right now, if they played Concord and Pembroke instead of Pinkerton and Merrimack that record could be 6-5 with only three +.500 teams left on the schedule. Londonderry will be the most tested team come the tournament; only time will tell if the schedule will benefit or hurt their postseason run.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  OntheBlock on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I thought Londonderry/Central was tomorrow night. Unfortunately for Londonderry, you have to play your schedule. Londonderry was the benefactor of not having to play a good Pembroke team last year, and now have to pay the piper this year by playing Merrimack twice. The Pinkerton/Londonderry rivalry games are worth the extra competition for both teams at the cost of easier games.

Londonderry's last two games have been extremely competitive. The gave Merrimack a run, and threw everything they had a PA on Saturday. I'd expect nothing less in tonight's game against Central. Central has too much firepower and should win tonight.

One thing will be telling tonight - what is the mindset of the Londonderry players. Are the recent losses wearing on them? Or are they playing one game at a time? A close game means that the Lancers can still be a dangerous playoff team.

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Londonderry gets the huge upset victory over Central 78 to 62.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum