@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

What precedent??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What precedent??

Post  tiger46 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 pm

The NH Sports Page twitter feed says the NHIAA Eligibility Committee may have set a huge precedent today. What is going on? I can't find anything on this.

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Re: What precedent??

Post  Hooper on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 am

The only thing regarding basketball in front of them is they have a player (IDK the name) who is transferring back from prep school and being declared eligible.

Quite a list of potential players it could be (Wenyin I hope Laughing )

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 am

Hooper, Do you know what school is adding a prep player?

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

What precedent??

Post  tiger46 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:46 am

NH12345
After talking with some friends - my guess is, it is Sunapee. But, its only a guess.

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

What precedent??

Post  tiger46 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:52 am

I'm not sure this is would be considered a "huge precedent". Trevon was allowed to come back, so was Geo. The Bell brothers came back. I was expecting more than letting a prep kid back onto a NHIAA team? Guess we'll have to wait for Dave and Pete's show tomorrow to hear if that is all there is.

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 am

Sounds like a Facebook subliminal posting:

Feeling sad

Totally frustrated

Angry beyond control

Don't you just love those fb postings by people who then want their friends to coddle them and find out what is wrong with their lives?

Meanwhile in the REAL non-fb world it comes down to;

Suck it up Buttercup and JUST SPIT IT OUT !! Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

What precedent??

Post  tiger46 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:57 am

T&F,
What are you talking about? Your post makes no sense on any level. scratch

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:00 am

The subliminal & minimal informational posting on the "precedent" on NHSP. An informational teaser with no elaboration, but...... Stay tuned on Saturday.

Does this clarify?

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:01 am

In both cases, Geo and the Bell Brothers, they still had NHIAA eligibility left and they enrolled in school at the beginning of the school year.

The only way this is unique is because it is happening in the middle of the season, unless this is a post grad player they are allowing to play.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

What precedent??

Post  tiger46 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:27 am

You are correct that Geo transferred back at the beginning of the school year but, I'm pretty sure the others started at their prep schools and then transferred back after the school year started. Although, they transferred back very early in the school year. In all three cases they did have eligibility left. The timing for this case would make it different than the others for sure – but, I bet the NHIAA does not have any specific language in their rules as to a cut-off date. To your 2nd point, it would be a huge precedent if they were allowing a post grad who had re-classified and had exhausted their eligibility to return. That seems unlikely but, it would be “huge”.

tiger46
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Just scanned the NHSP article... I know nothing about the situation and family, but like many before it reeks of someone being given bad advice by some non HS affiliated coach at least w/r/t the "benefits" of going to a prep school... Who is benefiting?

As for being allowed to come back and play right away... I have to imagine in D4 he'll have a huge impact - especially if was considered even good enough for a bench spot on a prep team. However, should that make a difference w/r/t whether he's allowed to play? It's not like he "transferred from" somewhere else, enticed into the school district for the sole purpose to play basketball, in December/January of the current basketball season... I would think the factor of him being part of that district (and team) before plays a role in the decision making process. In the end, this is about "student/athletes" not "athlete/students". Sure Sunapee HC is thrilled and (the next opponent) Newmarket HC less so, but that's an on the court basketball thing.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:23 pm

JAF. . . I think you nailed it on the head.

If he has eligibility left, he is going to play for his hometown, it doesn't seem like a huge precedent. If someone decides to go back to his/her public school, then he/she should be allowed to participate by the NHIAA. The school should be the one making the determination for allowing him/her on a team half way through the season

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:02 pm

This is good. The Forum has a line on this situation and we can all sleep in later tomorrow and not "tune in." Sleep Sleep Sleep

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

NHSP has posted the article on the situation. Now, I can really sleep late tomorrow and wake up just in time for kick off of the Chiefs/Pats game. cheers cheers cheers cheers

sportspage.com/news.php?news_id=1267452&lang=#cIj2Isv9ppBr2UTe.97

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooper on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Anger should be sent the way of the NHIAA not the kid. He made a mistake asked if he could come back, and the NHIAA said OK. Sketchy as the reason may be, the decision was in the best interest of the kid.

Goes back to our earlier discussion as to how these places are peddling snake oil. Prep schools need D1 players, they also need kids to pay, who fill out there roster, and are good enough to not screw up practice. Prep schools pray on kids like Chapelle.

I am also not sure many of these kids who "work out" at prep actually improved themselves. If Wenyin had finished at Trinity, Prepped then at Brewster, worked out with Noah Larose or Sudi while playing for the AAU program he did.....He would still be the MAJOR D1 player he is today.

Geo B, Jack Zim, Caleb G, and Luke Rosinski are excellent players, but they hype of prep schools does not make them better than they are. I know that Geo B would be getting a scholarship if he transferred to Colebrook next year. The Sam Carey game and New Hampshire basketball would benefit from an NHIAA v New Hampshire Prep Kids (not 5th year guys) The above guys vs Keith Brown, KJ Matte, Joey Glynn, Nate Hale etc would be worth the ticket.

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum