New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Friday 1/15

2 posters

Go down

Friday 1/15 Empty Friday 1/15

Post  NH12345 Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:26 pm

We got another exciting slate of basketball this Friday. . .

Game of the Night features NHSportsForum.com #2 Central v. #3 Pinkerton Academy
This will be a battle of Central's athleticism v. Pinkerton's size. If Pinkerton can focus on feeding the ball down low, I believe they can win this game. Tempo is going to be the key. . . Central wants to run. . . Pinkerton needs to keep this game in half court sets. I predict Olsen has a big night. . . Pinkerton wins.

Thursday Game
#4 North v. Dover
Hopefully North gets Hale back for this contest. Even without him they should have enough to get past Dover. North gets back on track after a tough loss to Central. North wins.

Spaulding v. Alvirne
Alvirne plays hard and are well coached, they just lack consistent scoring. Spaulding has a couple of guys that have the ability to take the game over. Spaulding ends up winning a close one. Spaulding wins.

Pembroke v. Bedford
Pembroke is still searching for their first win. They are struggling without Alosa at the helm, for whatever reason you want to claim Very Happy , Bedford is starting to figure somethings out after a big win against #4 Winny. When Gendron plays in the post he is a tough challenge for any D1 team. Bedford wins.

#6 Merrimack v. #1 Exeter
Exeter is licking their wounds after a hard fought battle against Londonderry. Even with their loss they still have Larkin, Holmes and Morrisette. This will be a great game of defense v. offense. Exeter has the ability to score, averaging 63.75 points a game, and Merrimack loves to play D, allowing 44 points a game. Merrimack needs to focus on slowing the Tempo, and dragging out their offensive sets, if they can keep Exeter under 50 I think they win this contest. UPSET ALERT!! Merrimack wins.

Keene v. #8 Memorial-- Contender or pretender Game of the Night
This match-up will tell us a lot about both of these teams. Both appear to have the talent to be considered a top 8 program, but both lack a big win on the resume. Tonight they get a chance to create separation in the middle of the pack. Home court will prove to be enough tonight. Memorial wins.

Concord v. South
South made an impression on NHSportsForum.com D1 Power Poll voters with a drumming on BG. Next they have a Concord team still figuring things out coming to town. Frechette and company should be able to pick up another W in this contest. South wins.

BG v. Salem
Both teams love to play an uptempo game. The key will be if BG can find a way to contain Salem's post players. I think Migs will have something up his sleeve after the tough loss to South. BG wins

Trinity v. #4 Winnacunnet
Can Trinity's backcourt handle the different looks that Winny will throw at them? I am still on the Winnacunnet band wagon. . . if they can find a way to contain Walsh, easier said than done, this will be a very one sided contest. Walsh keeps Trinity in it, but Winny is too much down the stretch. Winnacunnet wins.

14-5 so far on the year. . .

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Friday 1/15 Empty Re: Friday 1/15

Post  OntheBlock Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Fun night tonight, where we'll start to see some things clarify themselves. But then again, it is High School basketball, where strange things can and will happen every night.

Central at Pinkerton: In the "Do your Job" documentary, Bill Belichick stated " Players win games, coaches lose them". Pinkerton will stubbornly stay with their high zone defense. Can Leroy and McDonald hit open 3's from the corners? Tonight they will. Central wins.

North at Dover: North coming off of a painful loss on Tuesday. If Hale doesn't play tonight, it's gut check time for North. My gut says they pull it off. North big.

Alvirne vs Spaulding: Toughness of Alvirne holds out at home. Alvirne in a close game.

Pembroke vs. Bedford: Pembroke still trying to figure out who they are post Alosa. Freshman and Sophmore guards are getting good playing time and experience for PA. Look for them to improve dramatically in the next couple of years. Bedford is far too good here. Bedford

Exeter v Merrimack - Great game here. Merrimack's swarming D vs. a solid back court. Too much hustle and depth on Merrimack Defense. Merrimack comfortably.

Memorial vs Keene - Keene has shown that they are better than the bottom teams. They've played very well against some solid teams. Who is on the Memorial team? Doesn't matter. Memorial takes this one.

South vs Concord - South is legit. At minimum a top 6 team. This is over at halftime. South

BG v Salem - This could be for a playoff spot. BG coming together. Salem seems to be on a downturn. Coin flip...I'll take the home team...Salem.

Winni vs. Trinity - Winni has too much D, and shooting. Winni big.

6-1 on the season so far. Division by small numbers is always skewed. Let's see if those number come back to reality.

OntheBlock
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down