New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

D1 Boys' All State Teams, COY and POY

+12
jumpshot
tom2
littlegreen
basketballdad
NH12345
The Edge
Hooper
nhbballfan24
insidescoop1
baller1
GNG
tjd68
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D1 Boys' All State Teams, COY and POY - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boys' All State Teams, COY and POY

Post  basketballdad Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:03 pm

jumpshot wrote:Marc Corey from Londonderry should be on at least one of these teams averaging close to 20 a game and has been just as influential to there undefeated season as Cody Ball or Jake Coleman

baller1 wrote:I think Joe Kwiatkowski from Londonderry should be considered for second team. He isn't a big scorer but can average 10 pts a game. The defence he plays game in and game out is invaluable to the teams success. Defensive players should be considered as well as players who put up 20 pts a game.

Cody Ball for poy.

basketballdad
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

D1 Boys' All State Teams, COY and POY - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 Boys' All State Teams, COY and POY

Post  basketballdad Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:10 pm

I agree with baller1. I have seen Joe play in many games, and is a big reason Londonderry is undefeted. Joes goes about his job very quietly on the court. His ability to play defence and rebound will carry Londonderry deep Iinto the playoffs

basketballdad
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlegreen Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Wow the Joey K. family is on board. Any Corey influence is appreciated.

littlegreen
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:41 pm

just wondering, with all the controversies this year, coaches, Schools not wanting to play Pembroke, what are the chances that Pembroke ?gets shut out completely?

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Its at least hard to imagine either of the two coaches from the two schools that refused to play them would vote for any Pembroke player

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpshot Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:09 pm

How much should the teams record take part in the process. In my opinion the process should include individual performance and the there teams success

jumpshot
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Tom2 brings up an interesting point about the teams not wanting to schedule Pembroke this season in D1 and what part that would play in coaches with regards to AS team votes for Pembroke players. It's a valid point and it could determine a Pembroke player being on a 2nd team instead of a 1st team or a Pemby player being on an HM instead of a 2nd team. The worst case scenario would be a Pemby player not making any AS teams; 1st, 2nd or HM because a few coaches leave any Pemby players off their ballots.

Speaking of leaving off ballots: I know in previous years some coaches have totally left a POY candidate off their ballots because of their feelings towards a certain coach or program. This is politics at its best. It is similar when certain NY sports writers in days of yore who left Ted Williams off their MVP ballot to ensure Dimaggio would win the award. Williams would hit 40+ homers, have 125 RBIs and hit .340 and he wouldn't be one of the 10 names on a NY sports writer's MVP ballot..... Awesome.

As long as humans fill out ballots we'll have the human element for better or worse.

Also, with regards to the POY vote: There has been some times when the POY winner didn't receive the most amount of 1st place votes. Remember, the first player a D1 coach puts at the top of his ballot is his vote for POY. I heard one year the POY winner had 3 less 1st place votes than the runner up and 2 less than the 3rd place POY finisher, but because of the amount of 2nd, 3rd and 4th place votes the player received it just barely gave him the POY award.

It's not a clear cut process Forum members.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:04 pm

BTW - Agree or disagree it's nice to finally get a thread this season with a lot of replies and good discussion. I've got one question for all of you participating in this thread:

Where in Pete Tarrier's name have you all been this season?

Have all of you just gotten thawed out from snow banks with the recent balmy temps? I mean its been fairly quiet  Sleep  this basketball season on The Forum. Maybe, a lot of you had viruses and just got your computers back from the computer fixer cheers cheers cheers

Well, what ever the reason for the 2014/2015 Forum dust balls  Sleep , it's nice to see some legit discussion on HS hoops...... Respectfully agree or disagree.

On that note: Now that you're all coming out of the closets or snow banks the D1 Boy's bracket contest will once again be held. Watch for it in the very near future. You'll have at least 2 days to make your picks. The D1 tournament starts this Wed at 7 pm.

I don't want to give away the name of the defending Champ for this contest because he's a shy guy, but the first letter of his 2 Forum names are:

T & F     Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I know it won't happen, but kudos to Keene and coach Sontag. That program had not won a game in two years and will make the tournament for the 1st time in about 8 years, with no true standout player.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulliver Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Last year's winner is a deadbeat Twisted Evil

Tulliver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 am

Another person that just got thawed out from a snow bank: Tulliver.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  pejojo1 Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:43 pm

COY: Tim Goodrich - No one has done more with less than he...I've seen the arguments for all the others mentioned and they are all valid. Stanton, is he a good coach or just benefiting from a down league and some good returners, time will tell. Doc can get a nod but has also had some good players. The rest of the field had some very good players returning and have had some team cohesion from the start. So I will stick with Coach of the Year Goodrich who seems to be a magician at getting kids to understand tempo and how to play to their strengths.

POY: For the few who don't know, Joey Martin is my son. So that being said...if you had a kid who was easily one of the best shooting guards in the state (proved it in the playoffs) who knew his game was drastically gonna change his senior year (his PG brother was moving on), who knew he was going to have to be everything to his team, lead, mentor, shoot, play tough D, become a limo service, do some laundry (jk)...so his summer was spent working out to gain more weight to bang down low cause now he's a five not a two...worked in the gym to learn new footwork, how to finish down low while getting mugged, not a complaint just a reality...learn how to lead a team with no leader...so did all the prep work payoff for the new Central Center - most minutes on team (Joey), most offensive rebounds (Joey), most defensive rebounds (Joey), most blocked shots (Joey), most assist's (as the five, Joey) and still managed to ave 16 ppg...of course I'm picking him not because he's my kid but the facts are he is a Player of the Year, not Scorer of the Year as the award sometimes becomes...my runner up would be Dom Timbas who has also had to do more for his team with no true PG...all criticism welcomed Very Happy

AS First Team
Martin
Timbas
Ball
Berry
Baker
Franzen

Second Team
Leroy
Frechette
Kabongo
Corey
Kante
Coleman

The criteria some have posted for AS needs to be reviewed because some kids were suspended during the season and just never missed games, so we never really heard about. Some were suspended and still made some list (Kante 5 games at beginning of season)...I believe if they served their punishment and still made improvements to become team players and play well, then they should make AS and not be re-punished...no matter the politics of it all

pejojo1
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am

The official list...
http://www.concordmonitor.com/community/town-by-town/wilmot/16139419-95/bradys-bell-mvs-kimball-are-players-of-the-year-as-basketball-all-state-teams-announced

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  NH12345 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 am

Tom2. . . thank you for posting that I have been looking everywhere for it.  Well deserved honors for all involved, and I am sure there were many more that were left off.  No system is perfect.

The thing that really sticks out to me is no Memorial players. . . I wonder if their coach forgot to or did not hand his nominations in on time. scratch

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:45 am

This is a good basketball day.

Tim Cronin and Danny Bryson win their respective COY awards..... Much deserved. I know it's probably bittersweet for Coach Cronin after his team was eliminated by Lond last night, but it's a LONG time coming for Coach Cronin.

The Basketball Gods have sprinkled some nice gold dust on the Granite State.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 am

And with regards to Memorial players being shut out of the AS teams........ Well, let's just say the reason is NOT for discussion on the Forum, but rather for discussion at Billy's in a comfy cozy booth setting Wink Wink Wink

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 pm

I was guessing that the voters would not be all too generous regarding Pembroke Smile

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2