@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

Jan 30th Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jan 30th Games

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 am

Pembroke at Exeter: 2 teams that like to play up tempo. If Pemby tries to out shoot Exeter from the outside it could be a long bus ride home for the Spartans. One thing to watch for: Curran hurt his ankle in the 4th quarter of the Concord win. Will he play tonight?

BG at Central: A nice game in the heart of the Queen City. If BG could get the upset it could send them into the upper echelon.

Merrimack at Salem: Expecting a close low scoring game here.

Memorial at Spaulding: Who boards the bus for memorial could determine whether the Crusaders come away with a big road victory.

Londonderry at Winny: The Lancers better be ready to play because Winny is on a streak.

As always, if the weather takes a turn for the worst during the day with the convoluted snow forecast..... 2 to 4 inland and 4 to 8 on the seacoast, PLEASE post any cancellations or postponements.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan 30th Games

Post  NH12345 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Game of the Night:  Memorial @ Spaudling-  I don't think it matters who Memorial dresses tonight.  Spaulding is playing like a finely tuned machine.  They are tough, athletic and well coached.  It will take a least a couple of games for Memorial to get their rhythm back.  Spaulding keeps rolling.

Concord @ Alvirne-  Love Alvirne's offense.  They seem to be running the read and react to perfect on most nights, hence a 6-2 record.  Concord is struggling to find an identity.  Alvirne wins.

Keene @ Bedford-  Big game for Bedford if they want to keep fighting for a home playoff game.  Keene is better than their 2-5 record.  The Blanchard kid is a solid ball players, but on the road Keene is a different team than at home.  Bedford wins a close one.

Pembroke @ Exeter-  Max Curran is the real deal. . . this kid can flat out play.  Curran is one of the best scorers in the state and has the ability to take a game over.  Pembroke needs to get tougher down low though.  During the Guertin game they were out played in the paint by a smaller BG team.  If Pembroke starts to be in to out basketball instead of run and gun they will be an upper team in Division 1.  Exeter on the other hand needs to play more run and gun.  Holmes is in range the second he crosses half court.  I have been on the Exeter band wagon all year and I am not going to stop tonight.  Exeter wins because they out shoot Pembroke from behind the arc.

BG @ Central- Migs picked up a big win against Pembroke on Monday.  His boys are starting to play the way he wants, but unfortunately he is running into the buzz saw that is Manchester Central.  Martin and Kante are too much for his guards.  BG will struggle with the full court pressure.  Central runs away with this one.

Nashua North @ Pinkerton-  This is the game that I will be at.  I love watching Pinkerton's bigs play.  Rizzo and Baker are a dangerous backcourt.  They are too big and too athletic for North.  Pinkerton wins.

Trinity @ Dover- Trinity will figure it out tonight against a Dover team that always plays hard.  Trinity wins

Londonderry @ Winnacunnet-  Every time I pick against the Lancers they seem to win, sorry Coach Stanton, but I'm going with Londonderry.  Winny will be able to cause some fits for Londonderry's back court, but Ball and Coleman are too good not to figure it out.  Lancers win.

Merrimack @ Salem-  McLaughlin's bunch always plays hard nose basketball, unfortunately so does Goody's group.  This will be a game where points will be hard to come by.  First to 40 wins this ball game.  Merrimack wins

I'm excited for another great Friday night of Hoops.

NH12345
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan 30th Games

Post  NH12345 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Games canceled so far:
Spaulding memorial
Exeter Pembroke
Londonderry Winnacunnet

NH12345
All-State