@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month

D1 Girls Tip Off Dec. 12th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 am

Some excellent matchups to start the D1 Girls' season tonight. The division is WIDE open. 6 to 8 teams could probably get to and compete for the Ship. 10 to 12 teams could easily find themselves at the Final Four at SNHU next March.

Londonderry at Alvirne: The Lady Lancers will defend their Ship nicely this year, but they do have some chinks in their Lancer armor. Alvirne is a talented young club which could easily surprise any of the top teams on any given evening.

Trinity at BG: Newly hired Coach Gibbs leads the Pioneers into the C-Dome, a place he is very familiar with having coached the BG club a few years ago. You have to give the edge to the deep Cardinals, but Trinity should be prepared for this one.

Pinkerton at Central: This is the game of the night. Pinkerton has lost a step from last season. Central has taken a couple of steps forward. All the pre season kudos have gone to the usual suspects in D1 girls including Lond, Bedford, BG, North and Pinky. I get the feeling Coach Wenners doesn't mind laying in the Central bushes (even though there are NONE in the Maple, Beech, Amherst and Lowell concrete and asphalt vortex), letting other teams get the pub, while his team has the potential to progress nicely as we move to 2015. The best part of this game, for Coach Wenners and his staff, is their kickoff game is at Central, which assures the Little Green clipboard crew a prime table at Billy's tonight.

Good luck to all the teams and here's hoping the coaches keep an even keel for emotions for the long season. cheers Basketball santa

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Re: D1 Girls Tip Off Dec. 12th

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:05 am

Here's Jeremy's informative Girls' hoops preseason article:

http://www.nhnotebook.com/2014/12/nhiaa-girls-basketball-preview.html#more

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  jchick11 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:57 am

Londonderry put on a show against Alvirne last night. I hope to see them in person this year. They will be a contender again. I was most impressed with Dover putting on a beating of a pretty decent Winnacunnet team. Also Central beating a presumed top 10 finisher Pinkerton. They could be a sleeper this year.

jchick11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:14 pm

this wouldn't happen to be Miss Chick of the boys basketball dominated and male dominated new hampshire sports page would it ?????

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  jchick11 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:47 am

Ha yes it is. I saw someone talking about girls basketball and I had to come out of hiding.

jchick11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:29 am

Well Well Well..... A 1000 welcomes to the premier HS sports' video person in the Granite State (Along with the GREAT Jon Kesty of course).

We don't normally do this for a new member of the Forum, but for an esteemed member of the NHSP, as you enter the NH Sports Forum palace you will be carried in on a sedan chair hoisted by Eliot and Tulliver as you are fed grapes and honey dew melon wedges by players who received technicals last season.

Let Pete know how interesting and exciting girls' hoops can be.

Welcome !! cheers Basketball santa santa Basketball cheers

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  jchick11 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Hahaha well that is quite a welcome. My camera is all ready to start filming some girls games. Just have to find someone who wants to do play by play. But in the meantime, look out for me doing some color commentary for girls games at WTSN with Justin McIssac!

jchick11
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:08 pm

As far as Friday's openers go:

Not surprised Londonderry beat Alvirne, but I'm surprised at how much they beat them by. I was expecting a closer margin. It looks like Alvirne needs to work out some kinks. The Lady Lancers look like they'll do just fine in the post- Aliza & Fagula era. They have size, skill and depth. They will play with the typical fast paced grit we've all been accustomed to the last few years.

BG has the deep team I thought they would have which will serve them well in this transition season of "defensive contact emphasis." Even though Trinity got hung with the L the Pioneers will be a formidable foe for any team in D1 on any given evening.

Cool Hand Luke is one of my favorite films. Luke just tried to stay in the bushes and not be seen or heard, but it was not to be. This brings me to the Central ladies and their cagy coach "Cool Hand" Wenners. If you talked to him in pre season he sounded like Dick Williams circa 1967. He could be para phrased: "We'll win more than we lose." Hmmmmm, they beat a pre season Top 5 team team Pinkertron by 13 and never really trailed for that much. They kept Val Martin under wraps and showed a crisp overall sense of team ball in the win. Here's a name to watch out for:

Angie Ngalakulondui (Kabongo's sister)

She came off the Central bench to register 12 blocks and frustrated the Pinkerton paint offense all night. She's a frosh and could be one and done this season which could make Coach Wenners the Calipari of NH Very Happy

Central was missing key Big Amandra Gaudreault and still pulled the surprise victory. Now, it'll be interesting to see if the Lady Little Green can sustain this momentum with their next couple of games. They play Alvirne next, who I presume is not as bad as their 35 point loss to Londonderry. Their next game will be a stern road test with a tough Dover team. The Green Wave will be a team that will put some severe dents into a lot of teams. They handled a Top 10 team Winny fairly easily in their opener.

None the less, there's no more "shaking the bushes" for Central. They have a team that can compete and will give a lot of teams fits in D1. As Jeremy said last Friday when apprised of the D1 girls' opening results: "I have to change my rankings."

There is no "failure to communicate." What we got here..... is a lot of parity in girls' D1 with the top 12 teams. Cool Hand Mike has certainly had a hand in throwing his Little Green into the parity jambalaya.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:13 pm

@ Jen...... Awesome with the color commentary for girls' games with Justin. The I Man is one play by play guy who has a colorful commentary sprinkled in with his play by play !!

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  NHRamFan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:28 pm

T/F - Apologies to correct one so knowledgable, but I believe the Central Wunderkind's first name is Angelique, not Angie.  And you are right on, regarding D1 parity this year.  Everyone has something to fret over: From L'derry having to replace two solid starters to many teams being very young and having to learn to play together to some teams needing to establish an identity....
Dover has the opportunity to make some serious noise.  Solid veteran team with loads of experience and a coach who is due to have a great season.  The Central/Dover game should be verrrrry interesting (sorry, Artie Johnson!)

NHRamFan
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Yea I was going by what the UL printed. I guess you can't believe some things in the UL, but most everything on The Forum Wink

I'm sure Coach Wenners calls her Angie. If he called her by her full name then the season would be half over.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum