New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Pembroke Part II

+28
Twenty two
dadncoach
sjsprague
The Edge
littlegreen
newtothismom
HaleyNHsports
Jeremy Leveille
UpperValleyMom
nhball9
Ironman
SeacoastDad
bumper
middleschoolball
Bert54the1
Not in the know
Hoopfan12
JustinMcIsaac
EBlessNHSP
1moreknowitall
tom2
JAF
bigkidsdad
FormerFalcoln
tiger46
Hooper
NHRamFan
manchfan
32 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Pembroke Part II - Page 9 Empty Re: Pembroke Part II

Post  FormerFalcoln Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 am

Staying on topic for JAF:

So now what? The basketball schedules are due - Pembroke still has no schedule. Even Jamie Timbas said "we can't move forward".

DII and DI are not going to schedule Pembroke - that's a given.

SPECUALTIVE ONLY - Playing Devils Advocate here - NOT saying the NHIAA did this but let's think about this possibility... The NHIAA avoids going to court over the eligibility of Timbas by ruling him ELIGIBLE. Now, they spend the next couple of months re-writing the rules on eligibility and with a new director these are implemented. Now, having avoided the inside of a judges chambers with lawyers in tow - do you think the NHIAA said, "no harm no foul" since if they rule him ELIGIBLE, he still can't play as Pembroke has no schedule?

HYPOTHETICAL ONLY JAF - not saying this happened.

It works in favor of the NHIAA: No court case vs. Timbas, Dominic is eligible. However, Pembroke still has no schedule so he won't be playing. He can't transfer because with the publicity this has garnered, it would be for basketball reasons, and transfer waivers would be denied.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Pembroke Part II - Page 9 Empty Ulterior motives of the NHIAA

Post  Not in the know Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:41 am

Lets hope that the NHIAA and Pat Corbin aren't trying to think of ways to screw Dom Timbas!! I thought they were supposed to be there for the welfare of the kids in this state!!!!!

Not in the know
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:47 am

FF: Sure and in the long run - doesn't this prove or validate something I've noted along the line some where - that the NHIAA powers that be (or perhaps one person) are behind both of the current actions. I agree the AD's/Principal's talk and they all probably had similar feelings about the situation at PA regarding how players seem to be attracted there and for what reasons, but I still find it hard to believe that the concept of not scheduling PA wasn't researched and endorsed by the top official. I believe it's been stated many times before here that he does have an axe to grind with the Alosa's and this would be a perfect final parting shot. A feather in one's cap so to speak or some other bird action usually done towards the driver that just cut you off in rush hour traffic :-). Is it right (to Not in the know's point) - I don't believe so, but there's not much that can be done about it now. The perverbial shinola has hit the fan.

Again - if the NHIAA power(s) that be has absolute proof of "recruiting", then I would think he/they would have the power to penalize the program/school. If they don't, then why not? Additionally if they don't, this option of not scheduling PA is a way to avoid yet another set of policies which seem to have some gray area *and* like the Timbas situation have been ignored in the past and perhaps even in the present. Would anyone and everyone not schedule Central because of how Manchester allows transfers? Not unless someone in power at the NHIAA had their backs and said that's the way it should be handled to avoid a "messy situation" or having to go through the process of declaring a program/school ineligible. What I don't think was counted on was how the not scheduling has grabbed the media/blogs attention. I believe it was very much so unexpected to have someone in Manchester that wasn't part of the inner circle essentially "call out the bluff" and say well since the program hasn't been banished and they want to play our schools, then we have the obligation to do so. Someone that by what I read wasn't at the meetings and/or part of any discussion(s) held over the last few month(s)/year(s). Someone that perhaps read the bylaws and felt the "spirit of the law" would be to schedule PA unless the "letter of the law" said not to. Section 5 of the By-Law 1 regarding policy lists 3 distinct policies for violators - "Censure, Probation, Suspension". There is nothing that says choosing to not schedule an opponent that is alleged, but not found guilty of something is a reasonable course of action. In my mind, choosing to not schedule an opponent is an act of collusion meant to avoid going through the outlined processes of the organization when it comes to disciplining a member school. But I'm not a lawyer and I didn't read all the bylaws - just scanned the one that I figured would cover how discipline should work and found a section that outlines sanctions.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 am

@JAF
for someone with such poor reading skills, you are one of the few who speaks logic and makes a bit of sense on this topic! That must be a big accomplishment for someone with your academic challenges...
I for one enjoy reading your posts and your insights

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Matt Bonner, Matt Alosa, Scott Drapeau, Dave Burrows, Steve Lavapicello (Sp), Chris Urcheart, Matt Smith, Marshal Crane, Bill Collins, John Viar, Chris Lutz, Becky Bonner, Kevin Harrington, Adam Harrington, Luke Bonner, Chris Brickley, Chad Millard, Mike Miller, Mark Dunham, Craig Shepard, Junior Rohan, Pat Manor, Mike Konovalchik (Sp), Greg LaCass, Chris Tardif, Ryan Gatchell, Jeff Perry (Football or Basketball), Derrell Collet, Alex Hall, Lyndsey Carr, Dan Rasnan(sp). These are not the Division 3 players, just the scholarship players. You can add Pat Welch, Jordan Williams, Dominic Timbas, Max Curran, and Cody Ball to list in the near future.

How many of the above athletes were in the Alosas' program? I think Basketballtime's point was that of the hundreds of kids (and their parents) who pony up the money to play for the GSR with dreams of grandeur, very few achieve the level that would earn them a college basketball scholarship.

Ironman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Pembroke Part II - Page 9 Empty All of them

Post  Not in the know Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:28 pm

All the players listed played for the Raiders.

Not in the know
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooper Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:33 pm

JAF

There is absolute proof the two boy's were recruited that were declared ineligible last year. Where they lived, where they played AAU, who lived in the house before them, who owned the house, a trip they made to South Carolina and then Florida with Matt Alosa. The coach was asked about these things in an NHIAA meeting while being placed under oath so it could be used in a court of law. and was caught in multiple untruths.

I have said multiple times PA should get a schedule, and Timbas should be eligible. But unequivocally they have done some wrong doing here (but also have been held accountable.) Those two boy's lost a year of basketball after getting some really really bad advice. There is proof, there is also a ton of circumstantial evidence to go with it (all the previous transfers). The AD's don't answer to the NHIAA they answer to their prinicipals and they feel it is in there best interest not to schedule PA. It is incumbent on PA to make it so teams are willing to schedule them. They are most certainly not victims.

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Twenty two Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:14 am

IF there is absolute proof as you claim then why hasn't the NHIAA sanctioned the Pembroke Academy Basketball team as a whole? As JAF pointed out in his most recent post: Section 5 of the By-Law 1 regarding policy lists 3 distinct policies for violators - "Censure, Probation, Suspension". They have absolute power to do that and they haven't , why is that? It's not the NHIAA saying the schools aren't allowed to play Pembroke, it's the member schools ganging up on them themselves, attempting to impose their own sanctions. The two boys who transferred in were penalized and sat out all season NOT because of any recruiting violation but because the NHIAA believed they'd moved solely for athletic purposes. Why did the Wade boy get to play football immediately when he transferred into Central this year as a senior? There was no grand conspiracy as to why Wade went from Campbell to Central! What about the senior girl Lacrosse player from Bedford committed to Syracuse this fall who transferred into Pinkerton Academy last fall to play on their undefeated team? Why didn't Central or Trinity's AD's apply for waivers for the senior basketball players who'd completed 8th grade at Hillside then repeated it at St Joseph's or the one home-schooled where Timbas was? Has anyone investigated how the two Florida boys ended up at Central last season? Their connection to Centrals coaching staff? How Ironic is it they were playing in the Nashua fall league September 8th and school had only just begun September 4th? Lucky coincidence for Central I guess! Just because Matt Alosa was with those boys at an AAU tournament in South Carolina and Orlando does not mean he spent that time "recruiting" them, asking or trying to convince them to move to Pembroke. When people move to a new home most of the time someone has lived in that home before them but if you're inferring that they moved into a home another Pembroke player was living in before them then your facts are completely inaccurate, that's simply not true!

Twenty two
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sox040713 Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:02 am

Hooper wrote:JAF

There is absolute proof the two boy's were recruited that were declared ineligible last year. Where they lived, where they played AAU, who lived in the house before them, who owned the house, a trip they made to South Carolina and then Florida with Matt Alosa. The coach was asked about these things in an NHIAA meeting while being placed under oath so it could be used in a court of law. and was caught in multiple untruths.

Yes, I'm sure Alosa was caught lying under oath and the NHIAA has not imposed any sanctions against him or Pembroke. Really? If they are out to stop Pembroke from playing and have all this so called proof they would use it. The sanctions were all ready imposed against the two boys and their families who moved in the Pembroke district. I think Pembroke are the ones who reported the transfers and the repeat of the 8th grade by Timbas to the NHIAA. Unlike Central with Dawson Dickson repeating the 8th grade and the transfers from Florida who basically won them a State Championship. They were friends with Wheeler and the Dickson family well before they just happen to go to Central, but like Wheeler says in the Union Leader, they always do things the "right way".

Sox040713
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hooper Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:10 am

Those are the arguments that are not getting Pembroke a schedule.

Matt Alosa drives a van with those two boy's all the way to Florida coaches and coaches them in two tournaments. Drives them back.

Claims to the NHIAA he doesn't know them and didn't know if they were in the van. The boy's were then declared ineligible, that was Pembroke's punishment by the NHIAA. The NHIAA left the rest to the school to do as they see fit.

As for your arguments against Central and Trinity. You are right, they should be scrutinized too (not for the players repeating but for recruiting).

When it is rationalized in a moment how

1) I don't have my facts straight
2) Others are doing it
3) I am just a hater

know that is the 3 arguments that aren't getting PA a schedule.

Hooper
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 am

Hooper,
it is quite typical for all the kids headed to a tournament out of state to ride in a van with their coaches, it certainly would not have just been those two boys. And in terms of recruiting, that word in itself refers to getting something in return for your actions, like a scholarship,ect. this did not happen. The families chose to move where they did, was it to play basketball? Maybe. If so they were sanctioned for their actions but it had nothing to do with the coach asking them to go there. One of the players you speak of was a fairly average player and probably wouldn't have even been a starter on the team.
whether or not stating the correct and factual information gets Pembroke a schedule is irrelevant...JAF didn't say putting out logical, truthful information would get the kids A schedule. that is something that will be determined overtime we will have to wait and see.

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Pembroke Part II - Page 9 Empty Right

Post  Not in the know Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:34 am

@Hooper,

You are right, the arguments presented are not going to get PA a schedule...but what they do show is that the NHIAA and Pat Corbin are choosing to treat PA differently than they treat the rest of the schools in the state and that is NOT right. Hopefully, for the sake of the kids, PA will be given a schedule by the DI ADs and principals.

Not in the know
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  1moreknowitall Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 am

It has been made clear by many individuals that if Alosa is removed as coach PA will have a schedule. Maybe for the sake of the kids, Coach Alosa will step down.

1moreknowitall
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Not in the know wrote:@Hooper,

You are right, the arguments presented are not going to get PA a schedule...but what they do show is that the NHIAA and Pat Corbin are choosing to treat PA differently than they treat the rest of the schools in the state and that is NOT right.  Hopefully, for the sake of the kids, PA will be given a schedule by the DI ADs and principals.

Keep in mind, Pat Corbin has nothing to do with the DI or DII Athletic Directors deciding NOT to schedule Pembroke in basketball. This is a joint effort on the part of the AD's and principals to take action - not the executive director.

They have until September 12 (not sure of the exact date) to get a schedule. Schools are getting out in a few weeks. In reality, they have a few weeks now, and a few weeks in September to get this bone (about 5 weeks total). Some AD's do work over the summer, most do not.

There is evidence about how PA has conducted themselves and how the Administration has handled the situation, this is why the director of the NHIAA is not stepping in on the schedule - it is in the hands of the DI Athletic Directors.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Sox040713 Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm

FormerFalcoln wrote:
Not in the know wrote:@Hooper,

You are right, the arguments presented are not going to get PA a schedule...but what they do show is that the NHIAA and Pat Corbin are choosing to treat PA differently than they treat the rest of the schools in the state and that is NOT right.  Hopefully, for the sake of the kids, PA will be given a schedule by the DI ADs and principals.

Keep in mind, Pat Corbin has nothing to do with the DI or DII Athletic Directors deciding NOT to schedule Pembroke in basketball.

@Former Falcon, you don't really believe that. Alosa said in a article and Pembroke administrators also said that at the vote Pat Corbin gave a speech why D1 shouldn't play Pembroke as they are an elite program and not following the spirit of the game in the NHIAA. He then stayed in the room while the schools voted. Why was he even at this meeting? Do you know Pembroke was uninvited to that meeting and not allowed to defend themselves? Clearly, by Corbin just being at that meeting he is showing interest. Do you really believe Keene and Spaulding had any idea, on their own accord, what was happening in Pembroke. Even the Manchester board members don't know what Pembroke did or didn't do in this case, that's why they are scheduling them, no real rules have been broken. Former Falcon, you put stuff out there like they are facts. Get your statements right before you just try to smear Pembroke and the Alosa programs some more. Seems to me that this is adults, like yourself with a axe to grind. NHIAA doesn't have the right to tell people where they can live or if their children are mature enough to repeat a grade in school. That's why they backed off Timbas, they know that will lose in a court of law.

Sox040713
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:35 pm

It's not called the "Old Boys Network" for nothing....  Suspect  Smile 

The lines between fact, reality, fiction, and "he said, she said" are so blurred now it's a wonder anyone can keep anything straight. All I know is in here - the lines are clearly drawn and we seem to rehash the same things over and over. I do agree with FF though - I doubt much happens until the Fall. There's a new NHIAA director and a new Headmaster on their way in. I could be wrong, but it's a hunch. I'm sure the hope is the tone will be different after people have time away and time to reflect.

Sox040713: FWIW: I believe the UL article stated that it was the new AD that agreed to schedule PA - so the school board really had nothing to do with it... The school board members may or may not have know what was going on, but I also recall reading they were on the side of those that went to the meeting and voted - could be wrong though.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 pm

@Former Falcon, you don't really believe that.  Alosa said in a article and Pembroke administrators also said that at the vote Pat Corbin gave a speech why D1 shouldn't play Pembroke as they are an elite program and not following the spirit of the game in the NHIAA.  He then stayed in the room while the schools voted.  Why was he even at this meeting?

He was st the meeting because it was held at the NHIAA offices in Concord and he is required to be at all committee meetings, ADs, meetings, etc... Alosa, like us - get the info second hand, he was not there either. Only Reardon and Klink were there. You are right, there were a set of ADs who are not in the know of what has happened with PA, that is why they were allowed over two hours of time to present thier side to the AD's.

Do you know Pembroke was uninvited to that meeting and not allowed to defend themselves?

Where you got this info from I would be very curious. Th emonitor and the UL both reported that the meeting lasted over 3 hours. Several ADs I have talked to - I know JAF I should not talk to these ADs in your opinion, said PA was given plenty of opportunity and time to defend themselves. They were unable to answer several questions, presented an unacceptable plan for preventing the slew of Raiders players from transferring to PA. So you believe that in 3 hours PA was never allowed to defend themselves? then why the hell would they have not just walked out after 1 hour? You are foolish if you believe the victim card Reardon and Klink are playing right now.

Clearly, by Corbin just being at that meeting he is showing interest. Do you really believe Keene and Spaulding had any idea, on their own accord, what was happening in Pembroke.  Even the Manchester board members don't know what Pembroke did or didn't do in this case, that's why they are scheduling them, no real rules have been broken.

That is not what the UL reported about the District AD saying. He said very clearly that he believes rules have been broken. He is also being raked over the coals by his building AD's and coaches for not even discussing it with them.

Former Falcon, you put stuff out there like they are facts.  Get your statements right before you just try to smear Pembroke and the Alosa programs some more.  Seems to me that this is adults, like yourself with a axe to grind.

JAF you put yourself out there as if you and PA have been victimized by the NHIAA and that Pembroke is just an innocent victim in all of this with no role in bringing the issues tho thier own doorstep. You keep kneeling at the altar of the Alosas for what?

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  newtothismom Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 pm

I may be wrong and I don't want to speak for JAF but it seems that he is just advocating for fairness.  I know we always tell our kids that life isn't fair but do we really want to have our high school sports being the lesson that shows it's okay for one school/kid to break the so called rules and not have any retribution but if you go to the school that everybody loves to hate then it's okay to have different rules enforced.  Everything about this situation is wrong.  Rules should be straight forward and enforced across the board.  Judgement by one individual should not be the criteria used if a school/kid gets disciplined.  Perhaps every student who transfers should have to sit out a year.  If you don't want to enforce it on everyone then don't try to interpret parent's intentions.  If you want to enforce a rule that no coach involved in AAU/travel programs are allowed to coach in high school then do it but don't single out certain coaches for recruitment when multiple coaches across multiple sports coach kids in AAU programs that also coach them in high school.  I think it's the rules that need to be fixed so enforcement isn't selective.

Last edited by newtothismom on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

newtothismom
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

FormerFalcoln wrote:
JAF you put yourself out there as if you and PA have been victimized by the NHIAA and that Pembroke is just an innocent victim in all of this with no role in bringing the issues tho thier own doorstep. You keep kneeling at the altar of the Alosas for what?

Clearly your reading comprehension skills are lacking  Very Happy 

I believe you just don't seem to like that I can make logical arguments without having a dog in the fight. It's not emotional for me - I'll just call 'em like I see 'em. Do you like to accuse people and place labels on them when they don't agree with you in your regular life too? I have no opinion on the Alosa's - I'm not sure I've written anything pro/con about them. I will call out those that say they have no dog in the fight, but yet continue to find cause to place all the blame at their feet though.

I have no idea where you get I think I've been victimized by the NHIAA - are you just deflecting again? Or perhaps you do have some sort of quasi-relationship with the NHIAA and know something that I don't...

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:40 pm

JAF wrote: .

Falcoln - I also spend some time behind the dish, on the basepaths, and on the hardwood, but I don't go seeking other AD's opinions on this matter.  The fact that you say you do says to me you have some sort of vested interest. As a trained official aren't you supposed to keep an open mind, not have any biases, and take care of how you express you opinions?  I hope you aren't in any position of power in the basketball world of NH. That could spell trouble for PA and their ability to "A" get officials assigned to their games and "B" get 'quality officials' that they are accustomed to being a highly competitive team.  Same for any program that decides to play PA.

These are your words JAF, you came at me with your claims no matter how clearly I have explained to you that these ADs are longtime friends and colleagues. I have not sought out or investigated as you have said I have. Your "facts" you posted today are innacirate with what I have been told by not one, not two, but 5 different ADs who were at the meeting. 5 people I have know for over 20 years. Jeremy stated in one of his posts this is the biggest story inNH basketball in yeas if not decades and you think because people talk about it, they are investigating. I am just posting what I have been told by these ADs. period. when 5 highly respected people in these leadership positions, people I have had trust and excellent working relationships with say something, I take it as truth - there is no reason not to do so. You came at me saying you hope I have no power in the basketball world, even though I have been clear I do not officiate anymore. You claim PA had no opportunity to defend the,selves, but they stayed there for almost two hours, as reported by both the monitor and the UL, and never had a chance to defend themselves? That makes no sense. You applauded Manchester for thier "leadership position" (yes that's your quote) on scheduling them even though Manchester schools themselves are questioning the decision made by one person without consulting the other 4 people who should have had a say. Sounds like a Corbin decision... Your posts constantly contradict your unbiased position you think I should have.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  FormerFalcoln Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 pm

JAF wrote:
FormerFalcoln wrote:

Clearly your reading comprehension skills are lacking  Very Happy 

I believe you just don't seem to like that I can make logical arguments without having a dog in the fight.  It's not emotional for me - I'll just call 'em like I see 'em.   Do you like to accuse people and place labels on them when they don't agree with you in your regular life too?  I have no opinion on the Alosa's - I'm not sure I've written anything pro/con about them.  I will call out those that say they have no dog in the fight, but yet continue to find cause to place all the blame at their feet though.  

I have no idea where you get I think I've been victimized by the NHIAA - are you just deflecting again? Or perhaps you do have some sort of quasi-relationship with the NHIAA and know something that I don't...

Your posts constantly defend the Alosas as if the are victims. Your posts are not unbiased as you claim they are, or that you feel mine should be. I do think Pembroke is guilty of recruiting, the NHIAA has established that, as have the ADs in DII and DI. These are over 40 ADs and 40 principles who have decided to take action. These are professional educators. They have the job of providing kids with opportunities, not taking them away. So for the DII ADs to back in Novemebr say we are not scheduling them and for the DI Ads to follow suit speaks volumes. You can't seriously believe that PA is being picked on and is not allowed to defend themselves. when PA got wind that The DII schools were not going to schedule them they decided to jump to DI, to avoid any issues, without realizing They are the issue. They never thought D would not schedule them. So to say they did not get to defend themselves is just innacurate.

FormerFalcoln
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  basketballtime Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Sox040713 wrote: Let's not talk nonsense. You are talking about a AAU Hall Of Fame and New England Hall of Fame Basketball Coach in Frank Alosa. Matt Alosa is a 10 year Professional player and also in the New England Hall of Fame, not to mention, as we all know one of the best high school coaches in the state. I'm sure not all the kids get scholarships, as each players is different and trying to improve themselves for whatever level they might achieve. Just to name a few scholarship D1 and D2 players that I can remember reading about as a NH and New England sports fan are:

Matt Bonner, Matt Alosa, Scott Drapeau, Dave Burrows, Steve Lavapicello (Sp), Chris Urcheart, Matt Smith, Marshal Crane, Bill Collins, John Viar, Chris Lutz, Becky Bonner, Kevin Harrington, Adam Harrington, Luke Bonner, Chris Brickley, Chad Millard, Mike Miller, Mark Dunham, Craig Shepard, Junior Rohan, Pat Manor, Mike Konovalchik (Sp), Greg LaCass, Chris Tardif, Ryan Gatchell, Jeff Perry (Football or Basketball), Derrell Collet, Alex Hall, Lyndsey Carr, Dan Rasnan(sp). These are not the Division 3 players, just the scholarship players. You can add Pat Welch, Jordan Williams, Dominic Timbas, Max Curran, and Cody Ball to list in the near future.

Sorry tom2 but I have to reply to this joke. Can you please tell me what era were talking about with these players? My grandmother could have been a scholarship player back in the eighties and ninety's for gods sakes!! Not to take away from a handful of them that did play high level college ball thanks to their family not an egomaniac coach. And I'm sure Pat Welch has been offered by now right? And why is it always these insecure clowns take all the credit for any of these guys when we all know it's the parents and the child that deserve 99% of the credit!!! Not some clown auu coach!!! By the way what major auu team or tournament has the Alosa team beaten in the last ten years? Without getting into it with the clueless and insecure my original point was with the thousands of kids and thousands of dollars that have gone through that program surely there would be hundreds of success stories right? Not just a handful of kids from the eighties and ninety's that really became players because and I repeat because of their family not coach!!!

basketballtime
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  JAF Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 pm

FF:

Continue your potshots - it's not about me though.

Your opinion is I'm defending the Alosa's - whatever. I don't feel I write it that way, but perhaps your now overwhelming desire to put me down after "I came at you" causes you to read my postings in a different manner than I intend and I believe than others seem to have taken it. Debating you is fruitless - I guess I'm wrong and you're right. I bow to your power, insights, experience, and connections. Yes, that's sarcasm just in case it wasn't obvious.

JAF
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Basketballtime
Confused why you would say "sorry tom2" in regard to your last reply...
The GRS won the state tournament a few weeks ago by the way.
They head to nationals in July

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Also Basketballtime, Welch has a scholarship and will be attending Notre Dame prep in the fall.

tom2
Varsity
Varsity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next