New Hampshire Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
@nhsportspage Twitter Feed
Top posting users this month
No user

Tonight in Timberlane

2 posters

Go down

Tonight in Timberlane Empty Tonight in Timberlane

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 am

Merrimack visits Timberlane tonight at 5:30 pm.

It's always challenging to make the drive on 125 to the Owl's Nest as the speed limits change from 40 to 55 back to 40. Local police cruisers are hidden behind 7 foot snow banks with their fine tuned radars pointing towards 125 to welcome you to the beautiful towns of Epping, Kingston and Plaistow. The only way to counter act this jungle of changing speed limits is to let GPS alert you. Make sure your breaks work properly on your car because you will have to come to a dead stop at 60% of the hundreds of traffic lights along 125. Of course once you drive into the palatial Timberlane complex and slide into your Owl's Nest seat, the drive will have been well worth it.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Tonight in Timberlane Empty Re: Tonight in Timberlane

Post  BoscoD39 Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 am

Palatial? Well there's a first!

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Halftime: Merrimack 40 Timby 27

Gendron having a good game. 1st time seeing Timby. I'll take Timby 5'11 senior guard Erik Nelson on my team any day. 6'1 junior Cam Donnelly is an intriguing player. He has a Brett Hanson body & is a slithery scorer.

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Final Merrimack 69 Timby 49

Gendron 26 Bourque 15

Nelson 13 Donnelly 12

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  BoscoD39 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am

Nice to see you at The Owl's Nest T&F. You got that Sunday night parking special I'm sure. After watching that, Gendron has my POY vote.

BoscoD39
All-State
All-State

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuesday and Friday Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks Bosco. I'm sure I had as good a time as most anyone else did doing anything in the lovely town of Plaistow last night  Wink

As I walk in the entrance of the Owl's Nest the nice lady taking admissions is crocheting. I remark, "I love it that you're multi-tasking." She replies proudly, "I've been doing this for 27 years." How can you beat that type of entrance?

Yes, Gendron had an outstanding game. His 3 point shot was on. He came off a few back door cuts to finish. He just looked really smooth last night. Bourque showed why he's definitely the the #2 consistent scoring option. Franzen is really comfortable as the Mack point guard now. He has a good sense of when to set up mates or when to score. He's really blending in nicely to the Tomo offense. Zach Kerr once again showed to me he's one of the better energy subs in D1. The Mack offense had a floundering issue in the first half as Timby got back in the game. Kerr came off the bench to hit a couple of key hoops. It's so important to have a sub who can come off the pine and consistently score as soon as his sneakers hit the 84. I have seen Merrimack 4 times this season and Kerr has been impressive off the bench in each game.

I did see some positives for Timby as they transition to D2. I really like what 6'1 junior Cam Donnelly brings to the table. He can score and defend. He will be Timby's Go To guy next season. He might have to Go To a few more of those eateries that are dotted all over Rte 125 and frequent them to bulk up for next season. 6'3 junior Mike Murphy has the body to compete in the paint. He'll have to work on his foot work and his shot to compete with the D2 Bigs he'll face next season.

I just want to let Forum members know there is a human side to the Timberlane basketball streak. I assure you the present Owl coaching staff is the perfect assembly to guide the players through this tough time. I'm very impressed by the makeup of 2nd year head coach Jeff Baumann. He is young, energetic and patient. He has the Owls playing hard and is very patient in the coaches box. Body language can be everything during a tough game, year or streak. Coach Baumann is doing all the right things. This should bode well as the Owls compete in D2 next season.

It can be easy from a distance to make Timberlane a punch line for basketball in NH and nationally with regards to the streak. Trust me, if you got to know the committed coaching staff you would be more genuine in rooting for them to succeed. I've had the pleasure of doing that this past weekend.

It's one of the personal perks of following HS hoops and continuing to, as I like to say, "Building Basketball Bridges."  

Tuesday and Friday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum